The Dark Tide 2 - Red Tide

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**(BTW, what type of station is Station Unity? Crescent? UE? Voinian?)

OOC: It's a unique design... as I said in one of my above posts it is spherical in design, looking somewhat like the Voinian Dread-Star in my plug-in Journey MF (or kind of like the thing the Dread-Star was obviously named after, the Death Star from Star Wars, only there's no giant death beam or reactor port to shoot at and blow it up :D)

Continuation: The crescent shaped assemblage that was soon to be Station Unity continued to grow, now looking like it was almost 20% done. The first areas had been sealed airtight, and air had been pumped into them, allowing for the first construction of internal features such as living quarters, control rooms, and open public spaces within. Now that people could actually walk (or rather float, the artificial gravity plating wouldn't be installed for another week at least) around within the station, construction would begin to accellerate at an ever faster rate. About 150 ships in all were now involved in the Station Unity construction project, though new arrivals had dwindled in the last few days; it seemed that about everyone who wanted to participate in the construction had arrived, and anyone else who might live on or visit Station Unity was taking a wait-and-see attitude. The next priority would be to complete the first docking bay, so that ships could actually dock with the station and unload their building supplies. This would greatly accelerate building, since materials would no longer have to be ferried through space by construction workers in EVA suits.

------------------
A hatch opened up and the aliens said,
"We're sorry to learn that you soon will be dead,
But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."

Liat was under attack, but it was repulsed by UE forces. I never gave an order to abandon Atlantic Station, and since it is right next to Sol, the main UE base, reinforcements would have quickly arrived. Next time, wait for me to post before you say that an attack succedes or fails. Or else the following scenario could occur:

Next Post: You don't defend yourself, so I win.

Wait for me to post before you determine a battle's outcome. Another thing, you never said Liat was under attack (or at least I didn't see anything.) If you didn't post it, it didn't happen.

CONT: The UE supercruiser, accompanied by a small fleet, jumps into the Eltor system, and attacks the Voinian Outpost. The Voinian vessels attack the Supercruiser, but they are pounded by its turrets and drained by its limpets. Then, a massive energy beam is fired, and it slices a Voinian Cruiser into hash. It fires again, and another Cruiser is wiped out. The specialized UE Fighters dance around the Voinian Heavy Fighters, shredding them with their modified blaze cannons. The Voinian Capital Ships, after suffering heavy losses, draw back, only to be pursued and pulverized by the U.E.S. Goliath. Then, once most of the Voinian vessels have been obliterated, the Cruiser turns to Outpost Eltor. The Terminus Ray charges up for about a minute, then unleashes a prolonged blast into the station. The station, after a few moments, bursts into a towering fireball. The U.E.S. Goliath and Fighters are moved back to Sol for what little repairs they require.

------------------
Macintosh for productivity, Linux for development, Palm for mobility, and Windows for Solitaire.

Samurai, I already posted about attacking Liat.

And besides, the Omega isn't even finished yet.

Also, there is 90+ Voinian/Corocian/Azdgai/Renegade vessels in Eltor, not just the slow Voinians. The UE would suffer heavy losses as well.

And, you didn't allow me to defend Eltor.

---------------

The Voinians respond by doubling all patrols along their border, and increasing ship production. They also send another fleet to Eltor to quickly rebuild the base there. The Corocians also send a few extra ships to help the Voinians. Now there is a total of 120+ ships in Eltor (never underestimate the productivity of Voinian shipyards), and they are waiting for you.

Next time, let me defend the Voinians.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

New Map: (url="http://"http://www.speakeasy.org/~ljp/carnotaur/dark_tide_map.jpg")http://www.speakeasy...rk_tide_map.jpg(/url)

The Voinians get a sudden burst of raw materials, are able to build a few extra ships, and up the number of ships in Eltor to 150+.

The Omega is completed. It is now joining the Demon and Apollyon in an unknown area, and the Corocians have begun working on new C.R.S. Horogen. It will be completed in 4-5 posts.

The Corocians have set up several new bases closer to the UE, one near the Miranu, and another in the Ji Nebula. The Renegades also captured Hatuli because it was totally surrounded and the inhabitants surrendered after the constant Renegade attacks blocked food shipments.

All three Corocian Supercruisers are going under a refit. The refit will be done in one day (game time). The latest version is 7.5 kilometers long, and has an improved and more powerful Enhanced Photon Beam with over twice the range.

The UE colonies of Molos and Alurda are now be raided on a regular basis by Corocian forces. Renegade raids in Thoso, Huron, Mestor, Ariane, and Tali have increased. The Voinians are now starting to raid Centauri and Tulir on a regular basis, and Sol is also raided every once and a while. The UE continue to be foiled in their attempts to build a station in Bakka by the Voinians and Corocians. Every once and a while Valos is also attacked.

All major Corocian colonies in the Ji Nebula are now quite large, and the income for the Corocians is now at 4.5 million per day. The Corocians have a total of 30 million credits.

The Corocians are starting to build up two large fleets near the Igadzra border to take over Ersadt and Threefrog. Both of those Igadzra systems are also being raided on a regular basis by the Corocians. Income from the raids on the UE and Igadzra has added .2 million per day to the Corocian economy.

Because of the Corocians proximity to the Miranu, Kirrim, Leita, and Kitrak are being heavily raided by Corocian forces, adding .3 million per day. The Corocians now get 5 million per day. Blaga and Himgro are also being raided.

Zachit, after Tmidor and Pozdag were destroyed, is now being heavily raided by the Renegades, and the repair of Outpost Zachit has been hampered three and a half days (game time). Afen is also being lightly raided.

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

First of will you all stop fighting please!!!!

Second of all Carno, it serves you right Samurai blasted the Voinian Outpost.
It seems to me you've blasted everything you could.

------------------
EVO addict

At least I gave the UE a chance to defend themselves (but next time, I'll give them some more time to do that), Samurai didn't let the Voinians try to defend themselves at all. But I don't care, the Voinians now have a MASSIVE fleet in Eltor which will cream his UE Supercruiser if it attacks again. And if next time he attacks and does not give his enemy a chance to defend, I'll revoke his post.

Besides, all of my attacks have been logical. The UE and Miranu just don't have a big enough navy to fight back.

------------------
--------------

OOC: Hey, Carno, how about adding Station Unity to the Dark Tide map with the next update?

Continuation: Station Unity now looked like a large crescent moon, it's spherical shape beginning to become evident. As the station grew more and more of the construction fleet was able to work at the same time, and interior construction was now well on the way. The first living quarters had been completed, and freighters from the construction fleet were heading to nearby UE and Strandless ports to buy beds and supplies that would be needed by the future inhabitants. Installation of the gravity plating had begun in the docking bays and surrounding sections, allowing people to walk normally and further speeding internal construction. Construction of the outer hull also continued to accelerate faster and faster, with the construction fleet gaining experience and efficiency as the project continued.

Thunder was ready for a good night's sleep after his day of work; he'd helped to install the ventilation system on eight decks of the station, followed by helping with hull construction and finished off his workday by helping repair a faulty force-field generator in an EVA spacewalk. As much as he enjoyed the weightlessnes of EVA work, it took a great deal of concentration to operate the EVA suit and it was quite a mentally draining activity.

Only two more newcomers had arrived to help with the work this week, a Zidara and a UE destroyer, a few of whose crew had offered their temporary assistance while the destroyer was conducting scans and patrols in the area. Thunder was sure, though that more newcomers would come once Station Unity was completed. At this rate, it would only take another three weeks or so...

------------------

Since you are getting 5 million income carno and I am getting 2.71 I think it is a bit out of proportion and my income should at least be increased to 3.5 million.

Azdgari Wrath is finished and work is started on a new supercruiser. All Azdgari Supercruisers are being refitted and the new Twyus Turrets are being placed in the positions of some of the borb turrets, the borbs power have been increased so it doesnt make a difference except now the supercruisers are 8 kilometres long and shields and armour have been increased. The Twyus turrets are the aligned crystals being fitted into a borb turrets charging tube and giving it a very powerful gun, they do only drain a third as much fuel as a normal phased beam.

------------------
--The Eye is Upon you--
If you look long enough the Sun isn't that bright.

Oh, really Kiwi? Okay. My income is now only at 3 million per day and yours is at 3.5 million.

The next day, as Station Unity was continuing to be built, two Corocian Cruisers hyperspaced into the system. They were the C.R.S. Abaddon and the C.R.S. Haakai. They hung at the outskirts of the system for an hour, but then headed towards the Station. A UE Destroyer helping retreated to the other side of the station because of the intimidating sight of two Corocian Cruisers heading towards it, but it was soon evident that they did not want war. They began helping a bit, and just requested a few credits and a full load of fuel for their efforts. Then, they left the system.

The fleet to attack Ersadt and Threefrog is almost ready. The fleet to begin the offensive against the UE is still being built. The fleet in Eltor is now at 165+ and the station there is 4/5 complete, but fully operational.

Captain Scorcher and his scientists have now developed a new type of crude cloaking sensor. It does not work in high interference areas, asteroids confuse it, and it is not 100% accurate. It is still being worked on.

------------------
--------------

Defenses are fortified in Sol for the coming attack. UE strike teams are raiding the enemy ships coming into Eltor, resulting in the destruction of several warships and crucial supply vessels. The fleet in Eltor is beginning to run low on food supplies, and it is evident that if any attack is to be made, it will have to be soon.

Sorry about the Eltor attack Carno, but it was just to even it up. From now on, we'll both let each other defend themselves, okay?

------------------
Macintosh for productivity, Linux for development, Palm for mobility, and Windows for Solitaire.

Activity filled the system as the construction of Station Unity continued faster than ever. Station Unity was now more than halfway done, with the hull now extending to cover 75% of the surface area. Internal construction was moving quickly as well, with gravity plating now in place on 35 levels (decks), and work completed on the water recycling and hydroponics facilities. These would allow Station Unity to function self-sufficiently for extended periods of time, without needing very many supplies from the outside. It would be useful if the station ever found itself in the midst of a battle front.

Work was now beginning on a few recreational facilities, such as swimming pools, gyms, holo-arcades, and even the Grand Central Corridor, an area spanning 7 levels where there would be plants, fountains, and buisnesses along either side. It would be an impressive sight when work was completed.

Thunder had just finished building a swimming pool on Level 19 when when he recieved a message from the engineer in charge that construction would be complete within two more weeks. He'd have to start working on a grand opening speech, it was his responsibility as Stationmaster-elect to do so. But for now, he decided to continue his work on the station, having promised to install gravity plating in several rooms on Level 37...

------------------

72.35 million, gb 2.55 m/d.

I'm on vacation, so I can't post as often.

As the C.R.S. Demon docks with Hrekka, welcoming hands greet it. I have recieved the blueprints for the Raider, and have scanned the Demon: I now have it's blueprints as well.

All through human renegade space, I am searching... huge antenna arrays in all renegadee systems in human space are pivoting, looking. Scouts systematically comb systems everywhere humans exist...

I will find it.

What?

It.

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)

Thanks Carno.

The Azdgari Ultimatum is nearly finished and the refitting of the old Azdgari Supercruisers is finished. Now that the Azdgari hav openly declared war on the Miranu and UE new frontiers are made and strengthened so that they can hold against almost any alien incursion long enough for reinforcements to arrive.
A station is being built in the DSN-3367 system. It is being defended well by Azdgari Warships, Azdaras and Aradas(maybe a supercruiser or two as well).

------------------
--The Eye is Upon you--
If you look long enough the Sun isn't that bright.

Samurai, look at the map. The station in Eltor is fully operation, and is churning out food from it's onboard hydroponics bay. Eltor is also in a special position that supply runs can be easily guarded, and plenty of supply ships would be able to get in. Besides, they would be heavily guarded.

---------------

Entropy, if you do not give back the blueprints to the Demon immediately, I will go to war with the Renegades, and have the Demon destroy North Tip Station. I suggest you comply before I loose patience. As I said earlier, I cannot give away the Demon's designs. I don't want to fight you, but if you do not give back the blueprints that you stole immediately, I will go to war with you.

Besides, the Demon can't be scanned. It's shields, armor, and weapons are of a special type that cannot be scanned. You couldn't get the blueprints if you wanted to, and I consider you even trying to a major offense.

------------------
--------------

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**The station in Eltor is fully operation, and is churning out food from it's onboard hydroponics bay.

Voinians? Farmers?!? LOL!!! 😄

Sorry, I just find the idea of big, tough Voinians gardening absolutely hilarious. 😉

------------------

(This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 03-09-2001).)

I know, it may seem weird, but they gotta get their food from someplace don't they? Besides, the Corocians, Renegades, and Azdgari are helping.

------------------
--------------

I destroyed the Outpost on Eltor. The U.E.S. Goliath destroyed it, remember?

------------------

Yeah, and the Voinians came back and rebuilt it. Never underestimate the power of Voinian stamina and quick building ability. Also, if the U.E.S. Goliath tries to attack Eltor again, he'll have 175+ warships on it within two seconds of the attack. It's UE fighters will be shot down by the Azdaras in the system, the Corocian Fighters in the system, and never underestimate Voinian Heavy Fighters and Interceptors, which have become quite fast due to some maneuverability, speed, and acceleration upgrades.

------------------
--------------

Looking on from the outside, you couldn't tell that Station Unity wasn't done yet. The outer hull was completely built now, perfectly sperical, floating like some man-made planetoid in space. Work inside wasn't quite finished yet, but it was getting close. The Grand Central Corridor, which had been chosen as the location for the opening ceremonies, had just been finshed yesterday, and it was awe inspiring to stand in the middle and look up, forward, back, and all around; the corridor was massive, and over 30 meters in height, with walkways and balconies overlooking the main thoroughfare below. Work was now just five days from completion.

Thunder hadn't been able to get much work done today, as he had been accosted by reporters from across the galaxy, who generally hailed Station Unity as a "habitat for humanity project for the 22nd century." All wanted to get the first glimpse of the station, which would soon be broadcast to people across the galaxy; the opening ceremonies were to be broadcast via live holo-vid across all of the nearby systems, plus several Miranu worlds as well.

Finally managing to escape the reporters and complete his work for the day, Thunder retired to the S.S. Affirmation for the night. He'd been putting off his work on the grand opening ceremony speech, and it was time he put in some work on it...

------------------

(This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 03-09-2001).)

Suddenly, a worker ran into the S.S. Afirmation and woke up Thunder. "Wha, what is it?" Thunder asked.

"The Corocians!" the worker whispered loudly. "A massive ship just decloaked in the outer fringes of the system, and now it's approaching us!"

Thunder and the Worker went to the command center of Station Unity, and looked out at the massive Corocian vessel that was 7.5 kilometers in length.

"The Demon," Thunder quietly whispered to himself in awe.

Suddenly, a message came through that Carnotaur himself was onboard the Demon, and that he would like to meet with Thunder. Thunder agreed, and Carnotaur came aboard in one of the Demon's eight Corocian Aradas. Then he met with Thunder. He explained his purpose quickly. "Thunder, the Corocians have heard of station unity, and are eager to hear the opening ceremony speech. However, most civillian Corocian worlds are too far away from Station Unity to get the transmission, only military bases are close enough. So, I am wondering if you could send a powerful transmission of the opening ceremony to the DSN-3930 system. There we have set up a station that has a massive transmitter that can transmit a message through all Miranu and Corocian space. Do you agree?"

-------------

Meanwhile, Captain Scorcher has developed a new type of hyperspace drive that uses sub-space fields, currents, and ion beams to greatly decrease travel time and speed. Now, what would once take 5 days for the Demon to travel a normal hyperspace route can now take it only 6 hours.

The fleet in the blockade area assembling to attack the UE is now at 280+ vessels. The fleet in Eltor is now at 190+ vessels. Another Renegade fleet is also assembling in Iothe, and now numbers 40+ vessels. A total of 510+ vessels.

------------------
--------------