LBS 2: The Prophecied Light

The Ramans don't go on my ships but that is OK. I will just assume that they stole a hija device and put it on one of their ships.
-----
Daedalus: Yes the terraforming machine is nearing completion. It can only change the atmosphere, nothing else. It also will take about 600 years to restore a devastated world's atmosphere with 300 machines on the world. This is actually very fast. Rama has reported that he has, umm... killed his mutinous kin. He has also expressed interest in these machines and wishes to use them to restore his worlds. For its help in this war, the TR has requested a small territorial increase. If there is any Miranu systems not controlled by the TR that have been devastated. The TR will take them, this would be wise because they have the best resources to fix them.

I will be going to Raman space to help drive off the Agzarai and help with the Izargi (sp?) evacuation. Anyone is welcome to come. The fleet assembles at Varo in one week to mesh into Agzarai space.

------------------
----------------------
Give them shell! give them solid shot! Damn them, give them anything!

One week passes, and Rooster enters the Varo system in the C.W.S. Zodiac. Several Silverfighters drifting about jump at the opportunity to join the effort. Seeing a vacant bay on the Zodiac they fly in. Rooster: "Comm, channel to Daedalus. As soon as your people are ready, the installation of my mesh is finished. Is Rama attending?"

Rama, if you do want the south tip, these are the systems where a Raman uprising is possible: Yelts, 3587, Mavs, Bakoom, 6253, Akrayhek, Naius, Til, Pariah, and 7136. 5495 will remain Corocian until further notice as we must recover sensitive data and troops first.

------------------
It is not fear that will destroy you, but the absence of it.

Then, as the Zodiac continues on its course, suddenly, three Izgari Warships slipstream into the system. As they approach the Zodiac, Rooster suspects nothing. The Izgari are friends with them.

But...

The three Izgari warships simoltainiously fire their ion beams (Izgari weapon, they love beams) at the Zodiac. As the ships rocks from the hits, Rooster orders shields up, but not in time. With a few more blasts, the three Izgari warships are able to destroy half the Zodiacs shields.

"Return fire!" Rooster yells.

The Zodiac returns fire with Photon pulses, but they only bring one of the warships shields down to 71%. The Izgari warships swarm the Zodiac, and take its shields down to 1%. Then, one of the Izgari vessels fires a group of SADs, which blast away the rest of the Zodiac's shielding, and a bit of its armor.

Then, seven Azdgari warships slipstream into the system. The Izgari don't even notice them until a single blast from a disruptor beam destroys the engine section on one of the warships. As the Izgari warships come about, the Azdgari warships fire several more beam blasts, and with startling ease, disable the the other two Izgari warships.

Then, the lead Azdgari vessel, the A.I.S. Heedless, hails the Zodiac.

Rooster: "What was that all about?"

Captain Zorvic of the Heedless: "Izgari renegades. When they heard from us that the Corocians wanted the Izgari to be evacuated, they went nuts. Not a single Izgari will move and the Izgari military, which ain't that big, can't move them. Carnotaur has dispatched fourty battalions of Azdgari troops, but I don't think that'll help much. Those rogue Azdgari warships, which my ships will board and then tow away, were hijacked, and then the renegades went after you. The Izgari don't like the idea of leaving their homeworld. They are rather scared of the outside world, and they love their planet very much. Although the Izgari government says that they can evacuate all their systems except for Izgari and Brokac Iz. Maybe the Ruccannan can help. They actually know a lot more about Slipstream than we do. I'd ask Rok Tinar. He's supposed to be on Azdgari with Carnotaur, discussing the tactical situation. I think you should go there at once. Otherwise, unless you figure out some way to compromise with the Izgari, they won't leave."

Rooster: "How did those Izgari ships hurt the Zodiac so easily and you disable them so easily?"

Captain Zorvic: "Shield phase modulation. Since they are allied with us, they were able to figure out the shield modulation, were able to set their weapons to that frequency, and thus, your shields did not work much. However, we also were able to get their shield modulation and easily disable them."

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 01-10-2001).)

Suddenly, a large G'st'ar'ryh'ht fleet jumps in system. The lead ship, an Azdgari Dreadnaught, hails Rooster. "Greetings, rooster." Sayith Sir Lonevoinian "I see your ship has been damaged. What happend?" Rooster tells him what just happend "Oh. I see. Well, anyway, I have brought the G'st'ar'ryh'ht fleets to help you drive out the Agzarai. A total of 2 Azdgari Dreadnaughts, one of them being mine, 500 'Gnat' class fighters, 150 Colony Cruisers, and the 3 bubble transports with another 100 fighters inside them. Tell me when you are ready, and we'll go."

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub29.ezboard.com/b20")Don't click here.(/url)
The Person who misspells "Voinian" knows not of the 50 gigaton nuke coming at their cranium.

My objective is to live forever. So far so good.

I'm closing this string, people because it's getting too bulky. Don't worry though, I'm starting up a string called:
LBS 2: The Prophecied Light -- Part 2
Continue your story there.
Jude

------------------