LBS 2: The Prophecied Light

You sure can. They're such a minor race no one ever pays any attention to them. Here is a chart on who controls who:

Azdgari - Carnotaur
Izgari - Carnotaur
Zidagar - Carnotaur
Voinians - Oasa
North Tip Renegades - Daedalus
Miranu - Alien
Hinwar - Alien
Rama - Rama
Igadzra - Daedalus (but I sometimes control them too)
Human and South Tip Renegades - They are non-existent now. The Azdgari and Igadzra wiped them out.
Independent/Strandless - No one, too minor
United Earth (humans) - Rooster and Buba, and UE Crusader (or is it patriot?) controls the Yandros system, which is part of the Corocians
Emalgha - Rooster and Buba
Zachit - They all died, but I control Zachit Station, and Daedalus controls most former-Zachit space

Did I miss any? Don't think so.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 12-18-2000).)

On the RSS Fearmer:
Peon: Captain Rama, we are jumping into the Tinak system. I detect 20 warship class spaceships and 30 mid class.

Excellent: Our 10 Cruisers will take then out easily.

Action:
As the 10 Raman Cruisers sped toward the Agdzari fleet pulses of a translusent green energy sped towards the defenders who were just now launching fighters. The green weapons pummelled against shields which began to fail as numerous pulses kept up a steady bombardment. The weapons of the Agdzari also did damage to the Raman cruisers. 4 Cruisers were soon taken out but by then the speedy ships were all ready within melee range of the remaing 20 Agdzari warships. Green beams were fired in all direction from the Raman ships and shockwaves rippled through space as Warship after warship exploded. When five were remaining and all other ships destroyed Rama contacted their captains.

Rama: Power down all weapons remaining weapons we are taking you with us.

Action: Strong tractor beams soon attatched to the Agdzari warships and they were dragged into psychic space. The crew was subdued by the amplified brainwaves.
--------------
4 hours later on Andro:
Peon: Rama, we have the Agdzari specimens in captivity. We have taken the data files from their ships and have learned about their culture and technology. They are a weak race that has put their research into shield technology. They appear to be allied with many other alien races, I suggest that we ask for the help of our allies (hint hint) to take over their galaxy. On one of the ships we discovered a strange kind of device. We brought the ship to an asteroid field and turned it on. It appeared to make some kind of hole in space that began vaporizing asteroids. We do not know enough about it to begin duplicating it but research has begun on RS-236.

Rama: Well done Peon, fleets Cryptos and Crion will be arriving in the Tinak system soon to secure it, bring up the rest of the fleets. Put ships yards in full production. Make a declaration of war against the Agdzari, they will pay for destroying my ships.

------------------
I will only rest when the Universe is under the rule of a single being.. me.

And I control the Kenienati.(I hope)

The Keninati set up thier colony at Lontri, and over the next few days, they work on reverse-engineering the alien technology. Within a week, with the help of many independant scientists, they had reverse engineered the Protronic Beam - a weapon that is very similar to the PD beam, except all it needs to run is a built-in feul scoop, and it has longer range.. They offer to share this technology with the Adzari for helping them. They also reverse engineer the ships, and combine technologies of the aliens and the Crecent to make the Kenienti War Cruiser and the Keits Fighter, a remade version of the acient, hopelessly ineffective Keninati Defiance class defender. But while they have all these desings, they lack the resources to produce any of them.

And now that I think about it, the third plug-in on my wiating list is just the same thing as this, except different scenarios. The first is almost done, so I could work on my next TC, Dark Destiny, and this at the same time. But I can't do graphics. Anyone else want to help?

------------------
Cuz I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy
I don't know the Monty Python but I've got a lotta toys
My daddy is a Renegade, his name is Hellcat Helian
Wait a second...

Hold on a second! Raman, you are WRONG, the Azdgari put their main research into Shields, movement technology, and weapons!

You must also remember that, as I said in an earlier post, Disruptor beams (standard on all Aradas and warships) work very well against Raman vessels! 10 Cruisers couldn't destroy 20 warships and 30 aradas! ALL equipped with disruptor beams!

---------------

BUT Raman had forgotten about Carnotaur, who hid in a sub-space inversion cloak field, superior to Ramn detection technology. There, he waited, wondering what to do next. Suddenly, he got an idea. He had installed a custom made Arada bay in his ship, and had 1 Azdgari arada in it, equipped with a disruptor beam. He set the arada on autopilot with no one aboard, and then disabled the photonic beam in the disruptor beam array. Without it, when fired, the Disruptor beam creates a black hole!

The arada flew out of the Azdgari warship (in cloak) and then neared the lead Raman vessel. On a signal from the mothership, the Arada decloaked, and Carnotaur hyperspaced out. The Ramans were taken by surprise. The Arada fired its disruptor beam, and then shut it off. Without the photonic beam, the disruptor beam created a black hole, which started to swallow up the entire Raman fleet...

P.S. Wow! Page 2 already!

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 12-18-2000).)

The Keninati, seeing the Rama tring to destroy the Adzari, "misplaced" copies of all the technology they captured from the aliens that somehow managed to fall into Adzari hands. Some of the technology included:

HI-D Armor(Hi-density armor), which is simply steel plating but through a compression process making it 20 times mor dense. While extreemly expencive to make, a 5 ton sheet of this armor has almost twice as much protective qualities as Doposect armor, and a 25 ton sheel has about 1.5 times as much protection as Borouv(I know I spelled it wrong) plating

AI Mines, which are light space mines that are piloted by a robot inside the mine. They will pursue any target as a ship would, and blow up once the target ship is in range. Since they behave more like a ship than a weapon, they won't hit asteroids and aren't affected by jamming, but other than a speed faster than any ship, there's nothing to keep the target ship from shooting them down

Protronic Beam/P. BEam Turrent
Just like the Disruptor Beam, except they have longer range and can produce all the feul they need to run.

Alien ECM, a reverse-engineered ECM system found on one of the captured alien cruiser. So far, it has been able to jam anything that it's been tested against. Some more primitive weapons even turned on the ship they were launched from.

Then 21CDB setting up a few more colonies south of the Proxima Nebulae, starts setting up a shipyard and outfit shop on thier new home planet, New Kenita. Just as the spaceport opens, he asks a passing merchant if there was anyone in this galaxy who might help him produce a navy so he could, someday, return and free his people.

------------------
Wait a second...

(This message has been edited by 21st Century Digital Boy (edited 12-18-2000).)

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**You sure can. They're such a minor race no one ever pays any attention to them. Here is a chart on who controls who:

Azdgari - Carnotaur
Izgari - Carnotaur
Zidagar - Carnotaur
Voinians - Oasa
North Tip Renegades - Daedalus
Miranu - Alien
Hinwar - Alien
Rama - Rama
Igadzra - Daedalus (but I sometimes control them too)
Human and South Tip Renegades - They are non-existent now. The Azdgari and Igadzra wiped them out.
Independent/Strandless - No one, too minor
United Earth (humans) - Rooster and Buba, and UE Crusader (or is it patriot?) controls the Yandros system, which is part of the Corocians
Emalgha - Rooster and Buba
Zachit - They all died, but I control Zachit Station, and Daedalus controls most former-Zachit space

Did I miss any? Don't think so.

It's Patriot who controls the Yandros system

------------------
"Turn me over, I'm done on this side."- St. Lawerence at his martyrdom
"The glory of God is man fully alive"- some saint whose name I can't remember
Voinian lovers are ignorant of the UE marines taking over Borb Station.
Reign of the UE: Coming next year!

Carno: That report was given to me by a Peon. Why are you yelling at my Peon for giving inaccurate data. Are you going to find him and spank him because he only just discovered your pitiful race.

Everyone: I think that you need to go a little easy on the technology stuff. Its is no fun if everyone is boom, I have this. Boom now I have this. I can beat you with this, no you cant I just made this. Oh yeah, well I made this so I can get past that....
This isn't who can think of the best technology, it has to seem realistic.
-----------
Continuation:
Peon: Rama, the Agdzaris exercised a very stupid move. Even after fleet severe had jumped out of system they still thought they could destroy it. Fleets Cryptos and Crion were just arriving in system when an Araada used a disruptor beam, like the one we found on the warship, and it made a black hole which destroyed the system. The fleets were easily able to escape system before the black whole became strong enough. The whole in space started off very weak because it had no mass, but is has since devoured entire stars and in now very strong. It will continue to grow until the last remaining jump point to their space is destabilized which will happen in 3 weeks.

Rama: Hmm, so now we both have a weapon which can create black holes.bring that warship to Menar and creat a black hole. This will sever our jump links. If they can enter our systems they can destroy them with black holes. We won't let them do that. Double our scientists salary, I want the breakthrough to come sooner.

A few days later the Menar system has been destroyed by a black hole.
---------
here is an updated map: (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/lifeonmars/rama/rama_map.jpg")http://homepage.mac....ma/rama_map.jpg(/url)
------------------

(This message has been edited by Rama (edited 12-18-2000).)

I'm starting to get tired of you Rama. Your race is too good and there is no way to beat you. This story is starting to get boring with all this super-technology stuff and "primitve race" stuff.

------------------
--------------

Then we feel the same, I think what this story needs is nome moderation. I started an enemy race because it is boring if there is no one to fight. To make this fun, there needs to be more parties. Their is about ten people on your alliance and one on mine. I don't really have a problem with you.

Why don't you destroy Carnotaur and came back as an enemy of the Corocians.

What I am trying to say is... Carnotaur, will you join me in conquoring the Universe. You could turn all of your naval power against your allies. Together we can crush our enemies. If you accept my offer I will revoke my black hole post.

Carnotaur replies...

------------------

(This message has been edited by Rama (edited 12-19-2000).)

We should start up our own webboard for a mega story/EVO rpg. That way we would have a few designated mods and a whole webboard to ourself. We would just need to get people to sign up. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hmm... Anybody want me to join their gvt? I kinda lost my place in the story

------------------
Hens love roosters
Geese love ganders
Everyone loves Ned Flanders!

Buba, you're still my second-in-command and you're on Xanu investigating alien culture with me.

MODERATION: Raman biological advancements need to be lessened. I don't appreciate "psychic space" that much. 21st Century Digital Boy needs to only create one new technology, as is the rule (Tech and Civil advancements are to be made within the standard timeline).

CLARIFICATION: The Pultaq pulled out of slipstream when it neared the planet. Spacial cloaking was then used. The ship could have been spotted only for the short time between slipstream exit and atmosphere enterance. You would be aware of our proximity but not our location, Rama.

PLUGIN INFO: It would be hard for anyone to make a plugin for this. The Ancara and Corocians are races in my plug already (Red Coroco). You would have to rename them or just not include them.

CONTINUATION: Rooster and Buba tried to contact Carno, but the psychic energy masked their transmissions. They passed through the city and saw this particular area to be as unadvanced as Earth, circa 2060. Handweapons and vidscreens were however rampant, the inadvancement seemed to be only civil. They saw several kinds of people on the streets, and they entered a pawn shop. There was a woman arranging laser weapons. Woman: "Hello, what do you need?" Buba looked at the racks and saw one full of infochips. Buba: "What's on those?" Woman: "Raman info recordings. Would you like one?" Buba nodded and handed her the platinum coins they had brought with them. The woman handed him the chip, and in a corner he placed it into his scanner. They left the shop, and he read off the races from the screen as he pointed the scanner at different people. Buba: "Raman....Raman....Raman....Keninati....Raman....Ancara!" He stopped and looked up at the slick black skinned, glowing blue eyed creature, milling about much out of character from the ruthless fighters they met in combat. It saw them too, and motioned for them to follow him into an alley. Ancara: "You are human!" Rooster: "Yes, how did you get here?" Ancara: "The Ramans captured many of my people that attempted reaching their space by slipstream. They know so little about us that they wouldn't even know what you meant if you asked what an Ancara was." Rooster and Buba explained their arrival too and asked just how much he knew of the Ramans. Ancara: "I have made it my life to learn of these people so i may someday inform my own people. Buba: "I have a feeling we can help each other."

------------------
It is not fear that will destroy you, but the absence of it.

(This message has been edited by roostersw (edited 12-18-2000).)

I like the idea of a webboard devoted to a story.

Here is an out line of the Ramans:
The Ramans once belonged to a galaxy very similar to the Cresent. They developed into a humanoid shape but were slightly bigger due to lesser gravity. They discovered space travel and eventually hyperdrives. Soon they discovered other advanced alien races. The Ramans were for more advanced than these other races and the races formed an alliance out of jealousy for the Ramans. The Ramans were at first a very pieceful race but when this alliance threatened them they were forced to fight. The Alliance had many in numbers and the Raman were overwelmed especially once their technology was stolen. The Alliance did not stop and they drove the Ramans to the systems they now occupy. In a final desperation the Ramans did the only thing they knew how. They unleashed a weapon that destroyed all of their galaxy except for their small section. They had to destroy most of their systems because they were occupied by the Alliance and many trillions of souls perished. This left a deep scar in the Ramans side which never healed and they made a vow never to let a weaker race live again. The Ramans took great pains to evolve and soon developed strong psychic powers. They discovered better ways to navigate hyperspace using these powers instead of computers. Their strong psychic links have held them together despite their cleansing of weaker members of the race. When the Corocians broke into their territory the Ramans were once again challenged by an assortment of weaker races, and they showed no kindness to them, for Ramans do not repeat their mistakes. The Ramans were bored and have been researching a new kind of hyperdrive type technology to travel farther to find new space to occupy. Little is known about this technology for no one has ever seen it in use. It is not even known if Ramans have finished working on it or if it is even possible for them to do so.

------------------

Rooster, Buba, and Ziatsu (this was what the Ancara told the two to call him) went back to the farm where they had landed and decloaked the fighter. Two Raman patrolmen who had been investigating the obviously not so well cloaked shuttle also decloaked and rushed at the three. Rooster pulled out his photonlance and whipped it at one of them and he staggered backward. Buba began to pull out his photonlance and do the same, but Ziatsu lunged forth and thrust his claws across the other's gut. He fell to the ground and would surely die. Ziatsu: "They will frighten me no longer." The first one recovered from Rooster's blow and jumped him. Buba fought him off and he recloaked into the woods. They got on the fighter and shot up into the atmosphere, fearing they would be found when they emerged....

------------------

Sorry about the tech/civil advances rule - I revoke everything except for the armor and the Protronic beam(which was actually introduced in another post).

------------------
Wait a second...

Rama, we have found the ship that we detected before. We are in hot pursuit. Because of the black hole they won't knew where to jump to.

2 Raman patrol ships chased down the cloaked tranport and had soon disabled it with their quantum cannons.
The captives were brought to Rama.

Rama: So, you 3 have been spying on my homeworld have you. The consequence of being caught is death. It will be a slow brutal death since you are from two different races and have obviously been planning together to steal Raman technology. Do you have an last words you three, before you get each of your limbs slowly torn from your quivering bodies?

------------------

Did i miss something? I never heard of a black hole. And slow down a little Rama, we need reaction time. I await clarification...

------------------

Carnotaur replies to Rama: Maybe, maybe not. I'm really not sure right now. Lets call a "Non-agreession treaty" for right now. It means that we can still attack each other, but we will try not too.

------------------

Meanwhile, as Buba, Rooster and Ziatsu consider their last words, suddenly a beam of hot energy streaks out of nowhere and zaporizes one Raman guard!!! And then, a hideous creature, one even more ugly and cruel looking than the Ancara jumps up from behind a hidden place. It has 6 slithering tenticles connected to its back, is 9 feet tall, and has a long head (kinda like the aliens in the movie alien, but just to make one thing clear, I haven't seen the movie, just a toy alien) and a large evil mouth. Rama and Rooster couldn't see its eyes, which seemed to be camoflauged. The alien also carried a large gun.

"Ha! Ha! Ha! No last words today, Rama!!" the alien screams in a weird form of english. The alien then jumps at Rama and almost instantly knocks him onconcious. The alien then zaporizes the other guards.

"Your ship is waitng in docking bay 5," the alien says. "I've killed any guard from here to there. We shall meet again Ziatsu... Old friend."

Ziatsu looks a tad puzzled and then the alien activates a personnel cloak field, and vanishes...

------------------
--------------

Originally posted by roostersw:
**Did i miss something? I never heard of a black hole. And slow down a little Rama, we need reaction time. I await clarification...

I created a black hole in the Tinak system by using a disruptor beam and swallowed up a bunch of Ramans ships.

------------------
--------------

I have updated the map: (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/lifeonmars/rama/rama_map.jpg")http://homepage.mac....ma/rama_map.jpg(/url)

There is two new links to replace the lost ones from the black holes. These links have just been stabilized.

------------------

Rama barely holding on to consciousness activates his neural amplifier and soon discovers the strange aliens hiding place. He gets up and walks over to a security system and activates a local mind restrainer used for when prisoners become roudy. The alien is soon restrained having lost control of his body. Guards come to prepare the alien for interrogation.

Also, Carno. I think you forgot that I can detect cloaked ships and that the prisoners will soon be returned to me. There is really no escape by that route.

The four prisoners are soon lined up preparing to say their last words.

Rooster, lets assume that the whole Raman outline that I gave was learned by your character during your spy foray.
Carno, the story kind of depends on what the last words are so choose wisely. There is other possibilities of rescue involving surprise attacks using the slipcorridor. Don't think that I am stopping all paths of rescue. I just don't think that you can have a character popping up out of the shadows every time things get desperate.
------------------