After all is complete..then what?

Passing time after you've done it all..

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 02 March 2007 - 10:13 AM

You should get a Total Conversion plug-in, I hear they are pretty good. I haven't played any myself, because I ran EV on an old Centris 650, which I don't think could have handled it. And now I have the problem with playing it through Classic.

Anyways, my favorite plug is Clavius. I've always had a lot of fun with it. You should start a new pilot for best results when playing it.

If I didn't have a plug-in, when I'd finish, I'd repeat. 😄

Destroyer E, on Jun 2 2005, 12:29 AM, said:

If I didn't have a plug-in, when I'd finish, I'd repeat. 😄
View Post

And rinse.

If it's still around, try using the Imperial Council plug. I found that rather cool.

I always found the "Merger One" plugin entertaining.

/me points to Frozen Heart, available somewhere in this mess. It's in the EVO section, but it's backwards-compatible with EVC. The Femme Fatale addon to the TC, however, has to be run under Override, or (eventually) the Nova port. Of course, the Tachyonic Fighter really deserves the sound of a fast-jumping Nova ship.

There are two big Star Wars-based TCs for EVC, both of which modify the EV universe slightly, leave the original missions pretty much untouched, and not much else.

The Dominion Wars TC as it currently stands in the addons pages still needs work. Ships are WAY off-scale (Miranda-class as small as a shuttle? come on), there are redundant resources, and a few other things.

Assuming you are playing EV, plugs are found here:
http://www.ambrosias.../ev/addons.html

Have you played for both rebel and confed?

So far I have played, and quite enjoyed Tim Isles plugs:
Empire w/o End
Dark Horizons
Endgame
Empire of Crime (still playing)

I haven't played, hope to:
Heart of Darkness
Realm of Prey
Brotherhood of the Kestral
Mugabi and Destiny
Clavius and Beyond
Angels of Vengeance

Like Destroyer E said: always start a new pilot for best results.

The Apple Cřre, on Jun 1 2005, 09:13 PM, said:

/me points to Frozen Heart, available somewhere in this mess. It's in the EVO section, but it's backwards-compatible with EVC. The Femme Fatale addon to the TC, however, has to be run under Override, or (eventually) the Nova port. Of course, the Tachyonic Fighter really deserves the sound of a fast-jumping Nova ship.

There are two big Star Wars-based TCs for EVC, both of which modify the EV universe slightly, leave the original missions pretty much untouched, and not much else.View Post

1. Frozen Heart = AWESOME!!!

2. I found that the Star Wars-based plugs weren't to spectacular for the most part. One of 'em had really screwed up graphics. The other one wasn't really that fun. There needs to be a good Star Wars TC for Nova soon. There really should be. I'm talking about a serious plug here, with graphics (and story) on par with or better than Nova.

wondergirl, on Jun 1 2005, 09:52 PM, said:

So far I have played, and quite enjoyed Tim Isles plugs:
Empire w/o End
Dark Horizons
Endgame
Empire of Crime (still playing)
View Post

Ooh, good. The Empire series is always a plus (I think I like the first one most though, just plain "Empire")

points to Polycon for Nova

That (TC) plug ROXXORS. I still haven't finished it...

Otherwise, I'd just make my own for Classic...Which I am doing, but it;s taken up a "last priority" status in my life right now. Early next school year I'll have time to start work on it again.

<EDIT>
Spelling...
</EDIT>

This post has been edited by Dash_Merc : 02 June 2005 - 09:05 AM

Try EV: New Horizons. Only sorta TC, considering how there are still things there, but it's a good plug with brand new storylines.

If you get tired of that slow jump, there's a lightning jump plug (sorta cheating, though. Makes getting to hyperspace before your attackers get there easier).

I've dled the two New Jedi Order teasers, and run into difficulties with the fact that they're unowned files. Fixable by means of ResEdit, and useless until I get my dead 6500 replaced.

The thing about Polycon: its graphics are roughly on par with Nova (nice shield glows on several ships), but the storylines aren't. You only get one big one, and several smaller ones, which deserve to be bigger.

If you plan on showing Polycon to a little brother, I suggest finding the pers Travis Stewert or something like that and editing the subtitle.

Killer Bob, on Jun 1 2005, 11:03 PM, said:

(...just plain "Empire")View Post

This didn't sound right, so I went and checked all my archived game files. This is the first line in the ReadMe:

"EMPIRE: WAR WITHOUT END" is my first attempt at designing an Escape Velocity plug-in..."

wondergirl, on Jun 2 2005, 08:17 PM, said:

This is the first line in the ReadMe:
"EMPIRE: WAR WITHOUT END" is my first attempt at designing an Escape Velocity plug-in..."
View Post

Really? Well I guess that's what I get for not reading the Read-Me's and only paying attention to the splash screen! I stand corrected, but I still think it's the best of the series.

Killer Bob, on Jun 2 2005, 09:48 PM, said:

Really? Well I guess that's what I get for not reading the Read-Me's and only paying attention to the splash screen! I stand corrected, but I still think it's the best of the series.View Post

Oooh, gotta read the doc's! Especially if you play FOTVE for EVO.

Frozen Heart. :wub:

Clavius and Beyond is good fun.

Empire- the whole series is good

Frozen Heart

Eye of Orion

EV: Galactic Expander

Pale

Those were all pretty fun to my recollection.

Also, if you dont mind going into Resedit every mission and editing the bits so things work the way they were intended Final Battle would have been an awsome plug. The graphics were astounding for the day but alas, the plug was way too buggy to be playable.