Sun Temple

Stuck trying to get through

I'm stuck partway into the Sun Temple. And have been stuck for a considerable amount of time.

Spoiler

I've not made it to the boss yet. I've figured out how to raise the water and have found the first save point. (There is, apparently, another save point somewhere close by, but I'm at the lower one.)

There is, to the right and below this save point, a passage that goes down. However it is dark, and I can't figure out if this is the way to get through.

Hints or other help please. Forms I have got thus far: Energy Form, Spirit Form, Nature Form, Fish Form & Beast Form. I've also found Li, if that matters.

Have you been to the small room in the top right? There is an object there and some clues on the wall.

Theoretically it should be possible to get through the dark passage without finding the object by bumbling around for long enough but you would have to have already done it once before so that you know what to do.

This post has been edited by Guy : 02 January 2009 - 09:10 PM

@guy, on Jan 2 2009, 06:06 PM, said in Sun Temple:

Have you been to the small room in the top right? There is an object there and some clues on the wall.

Theoretically it should be possible to get through the dark passage without finding the object by bumbling around for long enough but you would have to have already done it once before so that you know what to do.

Thanks, that helped.

@guy, on Jan 2 2009, 07:06 PM, said in Sun Temple:

I don't think so. There's a puzzle down there that either requires that you be able to see it, or that you be willing to try it ~17 million times until you randomly solve it (although even that's only a rough estimate, as the solution changes every time you try).

- Edwards

I know 🙂

Three words:

Spoiler

Infuse With Light

I'm actually at the very same point as ML.

Spoiler

I have found that 'crystal' and the hint that's in the same room. I discovered I can move it about, but the hint seems to imply that I have to use one of them wheels (which bear that symbol) to submerge the crystal. So being able to move it left or right doesn't really help. I also tried various odd things such as draining the water again and such, but I think I'm just missing something rather basic yet not-so-obvious, like when I got stuck at the thrones.

And now I'm miffed that ML apparently got it, and I didn't. 😛
Guess I'll have to waste more time to have a go at it. Yes, I can have a bit of a competitive streak.

-edit- Huh, not that hard, just entirely not what I expected.

This post has been edited by MagnusApollo : 27 January 2009 - 02:47 PM

@celestial-storm, on Jan 10 2009, 02:39 AM, said in Sun Temple:

So you got it? Great! Have fun finishing the game!

@celestial-storm, on Jan 9 2009, 11:39 PM, said in Sun Temple:

And now I'm miffed that ML apparently got it, and I didn't. 😛

Hey, I had to make a topic. 😉

@celestial-storm, on Jan 10 2009, 02:39 AM, said in Sun Temple:

It might not be that hard to you, but to me it is. Any spoiler tips? Do I need to defeat

Spoiler

octopus prime

and get the

Spoiler

octopus pet

to get through the darkness? I've been working at it most of this day and cant seem to figute it out.

You don't need anything except bind. (Also, IIRC you need to get through the Sun Temple to reach Octopus Prime anyway). What have you managed to do so far? Have you found the crystal? Have you interpreted the clues?

@guy, on Jan 20 2009, 02:41 PM, said in Sun Temple:

You don't need anything except bind. (Also, IIRC you need to get through the Sun Temple to reach Octopus Prime anyway). What have you managed to do so far? Have you found the crystal? Have you interpreted the clues?

I have found the crystal and I know I need a gear and something else, but I don't know what the other thing is. I think I need to lower the water level further so that the crystal reaches the ground. I have explored all areas I can without running into the wall in the darkness. I got a bit bored so I then gave up and stole some rukh eggs. I have 3 pets, I have energy beast nature fish spirit forms and have found Li. Does that help you?

You're dead on about the gear. Now just go find it.

@zqipper, on Jan 20 2009, 03:10 PM, said in Sun Temple:

You're dead on about the gear. Now just go find it.

Thats the problem!!! I can't find it!!!! How do I find it??!!!!

This post has been edited by oryhara : 20 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

It's not hidden. You can't collect it, but you can certainly use it.

By the sound of it you've already found the gear. You cannot lower the water level any further - the crystal does not need to reach the ground, it just needs to be moved to the right location.

@guy, on Jan 20 2009, 05:20 PM, said in Sun Temple:

By the sound of it you've already found the gear. You cannot lower the water level any further - the crystal does not need to reach the ground, it just needs to be moved to the right location.

Oh, I get it now. Thanks!

-sorry for my exasperation...

that is the way this game is... it's addictive.. and at some point i was furious that I couldn't figure it out.. but, at the same time I couldn't put it down.

One of the things I love about this game. It's like an adventure, role-playing, and puzzle game at the same time. 🙂

Oh, and instead of looking at pictures, try deciphering some of the Aquarian text. I'm not sure if it helps you anywhere else in the game, but it does here.

After defeating the boss in the Sun temple is there a way to raise the water level to reach the uppermost part of the sun temple besides climbing ?