Aquaria editor tutorials

Do any exist, anywhere?

I found a couple of links to the Bit Blot forums, but these seem to be offline over the last few days. Before spending $ on a game with editor (that I hope to use to create with) I like to ensure, by looking at user-made editor tutorials, that what's been promised in terms of editor actually is what we get (usually in terms of ease of use etc). Does anyone, therefore, know of any user-made tutorials that explain the editor in Aquaria that I can download and review (preferably as PDFs)?

Here's a video of the editor in action:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bsT6otdcTv0

This post has been edited by BitBlotAlec : 16 November 2008 - 02:49 PM

There's the Modding Guide on Bit-Blot.

Thank you both!

The in-game tutorial is pretty good.

Basically the editor, as far as I can tell, is completely badass and it is exactly what was used to make the game.

Anyway, Aquaria is a wonderful game editor or no. Please buy it over and over again because I want a sequel.

This is an interesting problem... since you can't use mods or the editor before buying the game, you can't use the in-game editor tutorial, which actually explains and lays out everything perfectly. Perhaps that could change? Maybe only the editor tutorial would be available, or it would be less the ability to save mods?

I'm surprised that people would choose to buy Aquaria based on the editor. Is the game by itself not awesome enough?

I don't think anything is going to change though - allowing a mod to run, even just one, would likely open security holes. What exactly is it that you want to know about the editor that isn't shown in the video?

This post has been edited by Guy : 18 November 2008 - 01:16 AM

@guy, on Nov 17 2008, 10:12 PM, said in Aquaria editor tutorials:

I'm surprised that people would choose to buy Aquaria based on the editor. Is the game by itself not awesome enough?

Good editors make a game twice as good. 😉

Aquaria doesn't need an editor to get my money!

What I want is a tutorial for basic scripting for the game. I can't really do much in it because I'm missing things I need. For example, if I stick Nautilus Prime in a mod, it'll fight for a few seconds and then shoot off to the top-left corner of the map, passing through every wall and obstacle on the way.

@joshtigerheart, on Nov 18 2008, 10:49 AM, said in Aquaria editor tutorials:

What I want is a tutorial for basic scripting for the game. I can't really do much in it because I'm missing things I need. For example, if I stick Nautilus Prime in a mod, it'll fight for a few seconds and then shoot off to the top-left corner of the map, passing through every wall and obstacle on the way.

Sounds like we need an Aquaria version of M4D.