Make a darn mac update

@soitbegins, on Nov 5 2007, 06:14 PM, said in Make a darn mac update:

Speaking of activity, did I tell you about my new way to experience Uplink?

It's interesting, but I always played fullscreen anyway.

Full screen is the way to go. This way, people do think you're remote connecting to another computer and hackin' away. 😄

I'm looking forward to an update. I hate having too boot over to windows to play. 😛

@cippy, on Nov 9 2007, 01:15 AM, said in Make a darn mac update:

I'm looking forward to an update. I hate having too boot over to windows to play. 😛

Yeah, getting viruses while simulating giving them to other people would suck. 😄

@cippy, on Nov 9 2007, 01:15 AM, said in Make a darn mac update:

Full screen is the way to go. This way, people do think you're remote connecting to another computer and hackin' away. 😄

Amen to that! I borrowed my dad's copy of Parallels just for that reason! 😄

Well apparently we've received permission from Ambrosia to release the update for Mac (and, accordingly, Onlink as well). I think the deal is that the registration protection needs to be worked in now so hopefully it should be arriving soon.

This post has been edited by Rickton : 10 January 2008 - 11:16 PM

Yay!

Uplink release party soon!

Ah, this is public now?

Oh crap.
I hope so, since I just made it public. :blink:

Good thing almost nobody reads this forum, eh? 😛

When I first read this topic I thought it would turn into another PoG. 😛 Glad to hear it had a happy ending.

Well, the problem with PoG and Coldstone is that their original developer doesn't even support them anymore. Introversion still cares about its older products. It was merely getting someone to port the updated Uplink to Mac, which I don't believe was much trouble at all. Negotiations with Ambrosia were what took so long.

I'm glad to see we got some god damn progress!

Just hope it continues...

It's been a month now. Any further news on the Uplink release? I'm new to the game, so I haven't even really had the chance to experience it yet, and it looks great, but won't run on my Intel Mac.

I would pay $100 for an upgraded version even if I bought it.

Miah's having some... issues at the moment which are putting a damper on his working.

You're welcome to give me $100 anyway.

Ahh. That explains it.

Hooray, hooray, hooray! I simply can't wait for an ICBM compatible Uplink!

What is happening? ANY news? Magnus? You there?

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!

@rightlink, on Apr 27 2008, 05:18 PM, said in Make a darn mac update:

What is happening? ANY news? Magnus? You there?

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!

Just hang onto you pants. I am sure that we will hear something from Ambrosia in the next couple of weeks.

xander