Ambrosia Software, Inc. Releases Uplink Universal Binary

ROCHESTER, New York -- May 6, 2008 -- Ambrosia Software, Inc. announced today the release of Uplink 1.6.0. This release brings support for PowerPC and Intel-based Macs, and also provides enhancements to the cyber-hacking strategy game.

Posted Image

This updated version, free to registered users of Uplink, may be downloaded here:

http://www.AmbrosiaS...m/games/uplink/

Uplink 1.6.0 features the following improvements and changes:

-- Uplink is now a Universal Binary that runs natively on PowerPC and Intel Macs

-- Updated game content

-- Toggle fullscreen and change resolutions in-game without restarting Uplink

-- Various bug fixes and enhancements

YAY!!!!

:hector_bird:

Thank you so much, Ive been waiting for this update for a long time.

Ah, the long awaited day... Now, to wait for Onlink... 🙂

<edit> And, so as not to sound ungrateful, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou Onlink people for the UB. Uplink is definitely one of my favorite Ambrosia games. We'll see how high it stays on the list when Aquaria comes out, though... 😛 </edit>

This post has been edited by Shenlon : 06 May 2008 - 06:25 PM

@shenlon, on May 6 2008, 07:04 PM, said in Ambrosia Software, Inc. Releases Uplink Universal Binary:

Ah, the long awaited day... Now, to wait for Onlink... 🙂

Well, since the legalities of an Uplink UB have been worked out this probably means that Onlink for Mac is not too far behind. Hell, Onlink's been Mac-runnable for a long time now, the problem's been working things out with Ambrosia.

Way to go to Ambrosia! Thanks for the good news!

first I'd like to thank you because the mac version 1.3.4 or whatsoever had a bug with that I could not continue hacking some lans.
but 2nd i have tested the new version and it crashes always when opening up the lan window . anyone had same experience?

Check in User/Library/Application Support/Uplink to get the log files, and systems specs please.

This post has been edited by kauthor : 07 May 2008 - 05:12 PM

The timing for this couldn't be better. Check out what I'm working on for my final project in my Comp Sci class (learning assembly)

Posted Image

Hehe 😄

@xel, on May 7 2008, 07:38 PM, said in Ambrosia Software, Inc. Releases Uplink Universal Binary:

The timing for this couldn't be better. Check out what I'm working on for my final project in my Comp Sci class (learning assembly)

Hehe 😄

Pretty neat xel!

running 10.4.11 on a power mac g5 dual 2ghz

here is the error that occurs every time I open up the LAN - screen:

An Uplink Assertion Failure has occurred

Condition : lanComp->systems.valid(link->to)
Location : /Ambrosia-uplink/sources/3rdparty/uplink/source/uplink/src/interface/localinterface/lan_interface.cpp, line 217
============== B E G I N C O R E D U M P =================
============== E N D C O R E D U M P =====================

any way of fixin' it?

Have you created a new profile? You can't use old ones.

>:

but yea I used an old one ... sry 4 bothering you

@prophile, on May 8 2008, 12:41 PM, said in Ambrosia Software, Inc. Releases Uplink Universal Binary:

Have you created a new profile? You can't use old ones.

Apparently saying this was a mistake on my part and the is compatibility with old users...

@ddos, on May 7 2008, 04:06 PM, said in Ambrosia Software, Inc. Releases Uplink Universal Binary:

first I'd like to thank you because the mac version 1.3.4 or whatsoever had a bug with that I could not continue hacking some lans.
but 2nd i have tested the new version and it crashes always when opening up the lan window . anyone had same experience?

I have the same kind of problem, but not exactly the same. I'm running MacBook Pro, 15-inch, 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Here's the log:

===============================================
NEW GAME 18:4, 8/5/2008

Version : 1.6.0
RELEASE
Mac OS X Build
Version 1.6.0 (RELEASE)
Compiled on May 1 2008 at 17:55:05

Loading uplink options from /Users/glenn/Library/Application Support/Uplink/options...failed

Successfully loaded data archive data.dat
Successfully loaded data archive graphics.dat
Successfully loaded data archive loading.dat
Successfully loaded data archive sounds.dat
Successfully loaded data archive music.dat
Successfully loaded data archive fonts.dat
Warning, no available video mode for width: 0, height:0, flags:-2147483646
Compiled with SDL_mixer version: 1.2.7
Running with SDL_mixer version: 1.2.7

Uplink has been forced to Abort

Message : ChangeSecurityCodes: ComputerType is not recognized
Location : /Ambrosia-uplink/sources/3rdparty/uplink/source/uplink/src/world/computer/computer.cpp, line 343

It gives me just enough time to make a user, then it crashes with no explanation. I use v1.3.4 and have never had a problem. Any advice anyone?

Edit: When I force it to be opened in Rosetta, it works. However, for obvious reasons, this solution isn't as good as I'd like it to be. Any help would be great.

This post has been edited by ihateregistrations : 08 May 2008 - 09:44 PM

I've got the same problem with Uplink crashing out also. I'm running the trial version, thought I'd give it a go before buying - fix the problem and you've got a sale. Can usually run it for a few minutes before it dies on me. I'm running OS 10.4.11 on a PowerBook G4 1.25Ghz.

===============================================
NEW GAME 20:44, 8/5/2008

Version : 1.6.0
RELEASE
Mac OS X Build
Version 1.6.0 (RELEASE)
Compiled on May 1 2008 at 17:53:17

Loading uplink options from /Users/matt/Library/Application Support/Uplink/options...failed

Successfully loaded data archive data.dat
Successfully loaded data archive graphics.dat
Successfully loaded data archive loading.dat
Successfully loaded data archive sounds.dat
Successfully loaded data archive music.dat
Successfully loaded data archive fonts.dat
Warning, no available video mode for width: 0, height:0, flags:-2147483646
Compiled with SDL_mixer version: 1.2.7
Running with SDL_mixer version: 1.2.7

Uplink has been forced to Abort

Message : ChangeSecurityCodes: ComputerType is not recognized
Location : /Ambrosia-uplink/sources/3rdparty/uplink/source/uplink/src/world/computer/computer.cpp, line 343