Anyone know how to add support for multiplayer?...

Honestly, I didn't know that the colision sphere was that powerful either.

Okay, here's another question. Does anybody know how to make "idle" animations?

Here's a concept that I haven't had the chance to test:

During the frame that the player isn't moving (HeroWalkN000 or whatever) give that frame a "go to animation" command and have it go to an animation of the character "idling."

That's as far as I got, and I don't have much time to work on it. Another interesting question to keep the forum alive!

That might work. I have another idea, too.

Make the idle frame completely white, and make it call an event. This event then checks where the player is (X,Y) and takes that times 32 (or whatever size your movement tiles are). Then it adds a stamp there which is an idle animation. Then, when he starts walking, on the second frame you call another event which deletes the idle animation. This is not a very good idea, though, but it's all I can come up with.

Yeah, that might work, Sancatie. Just place another set of animations in the animation editor window, like you would add an attack sequence shuttled back to herowalk. But you would really need a stopwatch event attached to herowalkSE001 that countsdown when he's idle. Otherwise, the animation would shuttle to the idle animation sequence too soon and it'll shuttle on over everytime the animation hits. Make sure the timer global is reset at both herowalkSE002 and at heroidle001. I have no idea if this would work, but I'd start there. You may not be able to do this since you need the loop at herowalkSE001.

I've got another problemo...
I built the first level of a warish game, and I tried to run it, and it keeps saying "can't load dialog picture"...?
What does that mean?

It probably means there is something wrong with your loading picture. Try making a new one. Or, if it doesn't do that until you start playing, it might be the map interface

wait- you have to hve a map interface?
That could be why, I haven't drawn one up yet, this game was actually just meant to test out that thing we were talking about earlier with the NPC allies...

well you don't have to.. I don't for one of the small games I am working on. I didn't need one.

A map interface is like the bar that would go over the screen that shows your health, exp, magic points, and the buttons for inventory and quests, etc. You don't need to have one of those if you don't want too.

You would edit and/or add that (and other interfaces) in the Game Options panel, under the layout tab (the first one)

I would imagine that your problem may be because you have a problem with the picture for the dialog. That is also in the Game Options panel. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the help!

I'm still very bad at using Coldstone... lately I'm trying to get a projectile type weapon (a gun) to work but I can't.. the projectiles always slant towards the ground as the fly through the air when I face left or right... How do I fix this?

Oh, and I'm also interested making a weapon where you can't walk while you use it... say like a gun that needs to be placed and secured on the ground. Is there a way to make it so the player can't walk and the arrow keys or mouse can still be used to aim/shoot?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks in advance
😄

You can easily create a gun that can't move. Simply put an Engine Call: Freeze player in the equip item event in the item editor and an Engine Call: unfreeze player in the unequip item event.

This might not make the player able to shoot, I'm not sure. If it does, you can put blocking map tiles all around the player.

Thanks much, that's very helpful

I just need to know now how to stop these projectiles from slanting to the ground...
Thoughts, anyone?

Plauge developer, on Jan 20 2006, 04:22 PM, said:

I just need to know now how to stop these projectiles from slanting to the ground...
Thoughts, anyone?
View Post

Do they slant downward in all directions (excepting north and south) or are they straight for east and west?

Are the graphics your own? Have you made animations for at least eight directions?

Obviously, we don't have enough information at this point to be able to solve your problem.

I suspect the gun is going after YOU!!!!! Whatever projectile you use for an NPC will try to hit the Player, so it slants.

Ok, I think I'll be able to provide more detail:

The gun is a player-used weapon (unless I can get it working, there's not much point in making enemies yet)

It is set to fire "Bullet from caster to target" at a speed of 8 and range of 10

The animation is an 8 directional one. I'm not real good at all on how to use animations, so I have 8 frames of the same graphic (a premade one of rocks that I'll replace once I get this working) and each box next to each frame's name is checked.
A collision thing is set on 25 radius, and the popup menu towards the bottom says "0 - Default" and has no other options.

That's everything. The bullets are fine (fly straight) up and down, as well as in all diagonals. Just due east and due west do they slant strangely towards the ground. I'd like it if, when I pressed x to fire, they went completely straight. I've seen it in other games like the Mechanical Division or whatever the mech one was called.

Thanks much

In the animation window, please try using 360 instead of 8 directional.

😞 No luck. It still slants downward when I face left or right. Very strange.

I also noticed this while working with Coldstone. I think it is meant to give the illusion of an arc for arrows being fired (that's where I saw it) or for any other thrown projectile. It actually works well with such uses, but for bullets it looks awful. There is one workaround I can think of. Make the bullets just hit the target (an instant hit) with a blood-spray or ricochet animation. However, then the player will have to rely on stats and not skill to dodge bullets.