Disfunctional Sorcery

about defect spells

I have a graphical problem with my spells. It seems that some of them (I really can't explain this any better, it's just a few spells that do this) appear under the caster instead of above him. As I said, I can't explain it any better. Am I the only one who has this problem? Is it a known bug which is getting fixed?

Thanks in advance,
Ledorax

When you say, "under," do you mean south of the playing character or behind the playing character? Are you using an animation for the spell?

Background, foreground.

And yes, I use an animation for the spell.

Yes, I have the same problem. Not just with spells, but with animated weapons. I have not compared the actual animation of my spell with the actual animation of a Coldstone spell, which is something I'll probably do when it comes to it. Perhaps it's a matter of defining the contact radius, but I don't know.

Have you tried making the first frame or two of the animation blank so the spell or weapon does not appear until it's already away from the caster? That's what I remember doing. If I'm understanding your problem correctly.

Hmm... The problem isn't really with the offensive spells, they work just fine. It's the spells that target the caster himself that won't work right...

The only thing i can reccomend is using a stamp control and placing it in the foreground, but that may become tedious and could be buggy.

might be a case of the depthsorting/dynamic y-sorting kicking in.or the spells not getting priority in when they're drawn...these spells might have something in common in the way their animations are set up

Well, here are two of them. The magic one appears under, the heal one over.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any ideas?

Here is a possible reason why.

Suppose that the spell animation is on the default layer. That means that if the bottom of the pictures in the spell animations are above the bottom of the player animation pictures, the player will appear above them, so the simple fix would be to add about 200 pixels to the bottom of all your spell animations.