Golden Sun Video Game

Hey everyone, I am making a Golden Sun video game along with about a team of 20 ppl. I am currently in need of an experienced coldstoner to help me out for I can not do all of coldstone meself (wanting to hit certain deadlines).

If you wish to help in any way and form (we need more then just coldstoners) PLEASE contact me.

Contact Info:

AIM: Gamingstaf
MSN: Gamingstaff@hotmail.com
E-mail: xgamer792@bellsouth.net

&

Can you make it so like in Golden Sun, you are walking and you are randomly taken into a battle? If possible, any tutorials on how?

This post has been edited by gamingstaff : 09 February 2005 - 06:21 PM

I've played Golden Sun. Pretty fun. Not exactly legal for you to make one but who am I to judge.

The topic of random battles and turn-based combat have been discussed many, many times on this board. A simple search will come up with tons of results, and you can read the replies to your heart's content.

Nice, you're copying someone else's idea using a dead product.
You go boy.

ahem, This game is for free, so it is alright, we're not selling it.

It doesn't matter if the game is free or not. I doesn't matter that you're not selling it. It's not yours to take and make.

It's ok as long as it's for personal use only. NO distributing. Period. Otherwise it's illegal.

... I'm on a boards where there about about 3 or 4 games exactly like mine, distributed and using these exact same sprites :blink:, and the person who made the main popular one is in collage, so I thought he would know...........

Then technically the company has the right to sue them for hundreds of thousands in copyright infringement. Hate to be them if the company every realizes...

Yes, they could be sued. Sometimes, though, the fans are granted permission to make games with the graphics and/or sound. In that case, everything's fine.

That's what the game maker said. They had no problem with fan games.

If your source is, actually, reliable, then go for it! (Not that anyone needs MY permission to do anything!) But it would then be safe.

My source is from all of the four "lighthouses" set up by GSA fans.