Game Updates

What are you working on?

How are your games coming along?

While some people may not care, most of us really do. We don't have any control here over the engine update, and mods really don't know any more than anyone else, so let's not go there.

Soooo, whatcha doin'?

I've been working on graphics quite a lot and have nearly all of my interiors done while the external world maps are complete. I'm now working on job opportunities for the Player. And I've begun to make NPCs. I have not yet begun to plug in the story lines.

Wow. Three topics about the same thing 😮

Well, since this is the only one that's open, I'll post here. I'd probably do that anyway, that heart looks inviting...

On to the "news".

Development's slow. Really slow, I've made one thing in three weeks^^. A house if you have to know. So I'll probably trash that huge folder with "stuff" in it), and make a viking game 😛

That's my story.

(EDiT)Cursed keyboard

This post has been edited by Ledorax : 24 September 2004 - 10:41 AM

Well, I'm not making a game atm because I am waiting for the update, though when I do I will be releasing Ghosts of Time 1.0.3.

I have been working on an application for this company that doesn't have anything to do with Coldstone, though once I finish it I should be starting on PlotWriter, in case any of you are interested.

On a side note, I have started development on a PHP news system that I released at 0.1 earlier this week. I just thought that some of you might want to look at it for your sites, though unless you are experience with PHP and MySQL I wouldn't recommend trying to use it for a real site until it gets to 0.3 or 0.4. Though if you are experience enough then it works quite well (I'm using it for my own site

And as for Space, that should be out sometime before 2010. I'll start working on it when I have phpNews fairly far on, PlotWriter and RPG Designer released and the update installed on my computer

Well, I'm here to say (0nce again) just doing graphics. And since I'm not that good at it, that takes a long time. 😄

I am looking forward to seeing more people on here posting their progress too! 🆒

Albadar, on Sep 24 2004, 03:41 PM, said:

Well, I'm here to say (0nce again) just doing graphics. And since I'm not that good at it, that takes a long time.
View Post

Didn't you do some graphics work for RD's PoG plug-in?

If I'm remember right in that you did, I would have to disagree with your assessment of your graphical skills.

Well, I made a quicky game in two days for my mom's birthday.

Anira = Kinda slow. I have been working on implementing a jumping script lately, and it is about 70% finished.
I have plenty of graphics done, almost enough for version 0.4.
0.4 could be out soon if I hurry and finish the whole jumping deal.

Btw, if you want to play MamaCook, Click here 🙂

This post has been edited by Yoggy : 24 September 2004 - 09:32 PM

The Ghosts of Efeion is still in progress. However can't say much right now...

Progress on Renegade Heroes has slowed but is continuing. My partners have more or less dropped out due to the uncertainty of the update, but I should still be done this year. A friend has drawn up a quick but very nice redesign of the game's site that I should have up tonight. I recently skipped to the end and am doing the Final Battle right now, and will work my way backward to where I left off. It's good to switch up your routine every so often.

My game is on hold and may be canned...Things are really busy and i have really no time to work on it. I've also been waiting some time for Stark to return the manuscript with his comments, so that I can actually begin the second draft (I might have to send him a letter if he does not email me soon...hint hint hint!)

I'm also in the process of saving up to buy a new G5 imac, which will help speed up the rendering process for my graphics. I'm still learning in my not so much spare time how to do video compositing for the quicktime scenes, along with animation work in Bryce 5 and Poser 5.

Most of my time has been devoted to other writing and getting settled in my house (yeah ok. so I moved last December....I'm a packrat.)

If this game falls through I do have plans to make a smaller action-rpg game, once the program has been updated.

Glad to hear that others are still plugging away.

Best Wishes

Pedrith 😛

Sounds like great stuff you'r working on. I'm doing graphics for my projects. Once they are done then I'll start puting things together. Keep up the good work. Jeff

------------
BlueGill Studios
games.bluegillweb.com
-----------

P.S. I have some projects that I do on the side, so the one at my site is not my only one.

Just in case you've forgotten me as a member of the Coldstone community, I'm still here. 😉 But, I'm waiting for the update before I start production of any games. I also need to find out if my friend can help me with graphics.

Good luck everybody in your games!

looks confusingly at 'until the update' There will be an update??? (sometimes i feel like such a newb). what will happen when its updated, cause i might put my games on hold until its done....unless its going to take like, 2 years.

Coldstone engine update. No, the mods still don't know when an update will be released. Yes, we believe that it is being worked on. How do we know? Because Ambrosia has posted in this forum that they are working on it. How will the update change the existing Coldstone engine? We don't know. Will any of this affect you working on your games? Only if you choose to. As for me, it isn't.

And now, this thread will NOT discuss this. It has been discussed.

I will DELETE any post that attempts to revive the issue about the Coldstone engine update.

mean Deb mean Deb :mad:

Lol, "mean Deb"? 😛

Anyway, as I think I mentioned, we're probably taking my game 3D do to the limitations/other problem with CS (and it'll be cooler 😉 ). Instead of CS, we're using CS (hehe, Crystal Space). I've just started learning some of the necessary C++ and my modeler is at work on the main models. This is going to be an interesting project... 😄