xander's Global Thermonuclear War

Mackilroy , because he voted against me for no reason.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 07 May 2008 - 11:46 AM

@ekhawkman, on May 6 2008, 06:48 PM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

I don't want to end this with a four way tie. Jaca? If I change my vote will you also change? I will vote Hypochondriac It ends the tie with me and I can sense he is evil. Beware! His countries satellites are ready to target you and launch the deadly atomic weapons! Remember kids when the atomic flash comes DUCK and COVER like Ted the Turtle.

Right now, it sounds like you're a desperate person trying to get out of trouble. I won't vote for Hypochondriac because he's got an evil twin who might murder me, and if I vote for him, what's to prevent his vote from landing on me and putting my head on the chopping block? You also mentioned something about "making things go BOOM" in the pre-game discussion. Hmm...

Exactly pregame. Plus as an innocent I still get to make things go boom. We still nuke the suspected countries right? What happens in case of a tie anyway?

@ekhawkman, on May 7 2008, 01:42 AM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

What happens in case of a tie anyway?

You did read the rules, didn't you? I believe I was quite clear about what happens in a tie.

Also, for those that are asking when the round ends, I made that pretty clear at the beginning of the round. However, I suspect that the post may have gotten lost in the hubbub. I expect that this round will end in approximately 13 hours. However, as I said in the first post, the round may go long if people are not voting. At any rate, this round will go at least 13 more hours. If you have not voted by 8:00 AM PDT on 7 May 2008 (3:00 PM GMT 7 May 2008), then you risk having a vote cast against you, as the round could end at any point.

Also, please note: when I tally the votes, I am going through the thread and looking for bolded statements. When I see a bolded name in one of your posts, I track your vote on my spreadsheet. If you cast a later bolded vote, that vote will be ignored (and I may even unbold it if I notice). Hypochondriac and EKHawkman, this means you.

xander

@darwinian, on May 6 2008, 10:11 PM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

You did read the rules, didn't you? I believe I was quite clear about what happens in a tie.

If I'm reading it correctly, you gave tie-breaking powers to the Secretary General (currently kickme) right?

Well this could suck. I just hope kickme doesn't have anything against me.

@ekhawkman, on May 6 2008, 10:25 PM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

Well this could suck. I just hope kickme doesn't have anything against me.

I doubt it will get to that point 13h left and they're still members who haven't voted

@eugene-chin, on May 7 2008, 02:16 AM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

If I'm reading it correctly, you gave tie-breaking powers to the Secretary General (currently kickme) right?

Yes. kickme was randomly selected to have tie-breaking power.

xander

@ekhawkman, on May 6 2008, 07:42 PM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

Exactly pregame. Plus as an innocent I still get to make things go boom. We still nuke the suspected countries right? What happens in case of a tie anyway?

Pregame musings have had a habit of working themselves into the actual game in the past. Is now any exception?

I loathe voting in the first round, because I have no real reasons to actually vote for someone.
Someone voted on a grudge, some people bandwagon on that grudge, the first vote is retracted, the next 187849 votes are retracted... and nothing's really happened. I would vote for manta for the grudge against SIB as well as his supposed "terrorist trap" which I suspect was just a cover up for the fact that it was a grudge, or for hypo for jumping on manta the moment it was suggested to vote for manta due to his grudge... but neither of these jump out at me as terrorist actions. Although they certainly fall into the category of "things we lynch people for", I've noticed that that category (bandwagoning, random or weakly justified votes) very, very rarely points towards terrorists. Look at last game! We lost a terrorist to a special role and the last one because there were only 3 people left and if one of them was to die, there was a one third chance it would be the terrorist. The conventional methods of "kill the bandwagoners" are doing a great job at killing the bandwagoners but as the games have progressed and the terrorists have gotten smarter and better at double reverse psychology or whatever it is, it has become standard terrorist behavior to "not act like a terrorist". Unfortunately, standard innocent behavior is also to not act like a terrorist...
We really need a better terrorist hunting system.

Lynch everyone I say you should. My methods are 100% accurate and are eco friendly!

EK Hawkman

That comment damns you.

@ekhawkman, on May 6 2008, 08:50 PM, said in xander's Global Thermonuclear War:

Lynch everyone I say you should. My methods are 100% accurate and are eco friendly!

And wrong.

Disclaimer: I cannot guarantee that all, or indeed any, actions taken by EKHawkman are wrong. However, as he has made a facetious and fallacious statement, I find it likely that one or more of his future predictions may also be facetious and/or fallacious, which is unfitting for a game of this caliber. Do not burn. All legalese supplied by that series of 'Law Demystified' books, or whatever they're called. This post is copyright 2008 SoItBegins, whose real name

Spoiler

can be found here

. This entire disclaimer and the contents of this post are null and void in the event that the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. This entire disclaimer and the accompanying post are null and void if the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. The previous two sentences are null and void if the next sentence is true. The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. Success is a journey, not a destination. Do not feed the dragon. Say, do you think they could print these disclaimers on edible paper?

SIB Your zombie has eaten my brains like 18 times. I don't have that much brains. But my methods were eco friendly I'll have you know. I love this game. Its so fun. Even when you are about to die! I have failed my country and my people. May they rest in peace. This will probably be my last post before the round ends because of school. When you seize my Thermonuclear weapons as a last request may they be given to 1eevee1.

I am going to bed. I will likely end the round when I get up in the morning, or not long thereafter. By my count, EKHawkman, jrsh92, kickme, and prophile have not yet voted. Please do so at your earliest convenience.

xander

I just retracted my last vote but I need to vote again Hypochondriac
Some one save me!

SoItBegins needs to die.

I have already left the voting open for an extra two hours. I will be leaving for the university in another two hours. I will be closing the vote before then. jrsh92 and kickme, vote before then, or face the consequences.

xander

prophile, I'd prefer a reason why the next time.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 07 May 2008 - 11:46 AM

prophile for voting with no provocation.