Global Thermonuclear War

Huh. I didn't think the debate would go down so fast, after the standstill over Christmas.

At this moment, the vote is tied 3-to-3 Anon vs. Kickme. Strange choice, to put Anon in the hot-seat twice in a row.

I think I'll vote kickme then.

Since everyone left alive has voted, voting is now closed. People who need to PM me, do so. I'll await your PMs before I write up a concluding post to this round.

@1eevee1, on Dec 28 2007, 05:07 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

OH NO, HE'S ONTO US!

Tell you what, Anon, why don't you vote for a Northerner, then?

I didn't start it, self defense and whatnot.

Oh because this wasn't going to happen. The southerners will get wiped out. The dictators are likely to pick off the northerners. By-by America.

$10 on a terrorist win, anyway.

@1eevee1, on Dec 28 2007, 03:10 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

$10 on a terrorist win, anyway.

I don't gamble with human lives, and I doubt they (points northward) would care.

Alright, everyone who needed to has PMed me. Thusly-

Events further turn against the South as kickme's state is destroyed by nuclear fire. At the same time, Illinois is destroyed, but Anon is still alive. He has one more round of life left before the radiation poisoning kills him.

Let's-a see here:

NORTH
darth_vader
Eugene Chin
RJC Ultra
EDIT: Anon too, until the close of this turn

SOUTH
1Eevee1
Me

Eegads. 😞

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 29 December 2007 - 02:50 AM

Words cannot describe how screwed we are.

@mackilroy, on Dec 29 2007, 07:09 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Alright, everyone who needed to has PMed me. Thusly-

Events further turn against the South as kickme's state is destroyed by nuclear fire. At the same time, Illinois is destroyed, but Anon is still alive. He has one more round of life left before the radiation poisoning kills him.

Goddamnit Mack, was kickme a Dictator or not? I Hate Thes No-Reveal Games!

This was an interesting idea, Mack, but I don't think it's working too well. Eugene Chin also has a point. If we have less chance of figuring out who the terrorists are, we'll just continue to vote along geographical lines.

@eugene-chin, on Dec 29 2007, 10:12 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Goddamnit Mack, was kickme a Dictator or not? I Hate Thes No-Reveal Games!

Sorry, I meant to reveal it. kickme is not a dictator.

Hey, I ended the game at like 1 AM my time, I wasn't thinking clearly. 😛

Also: yeah, with nukes and being turn-based, it's not as good a playing field as if we were playing a strategy game or whatnot.

Happy New Year! May I live to see the end of this game. 🙂

<cricket>

Hey, I'm dead anyway and I have no idea who to blame. I'm just waiting to see how the rest of the vote goes.

@anon, on Jan 3 2008, 10:13 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Hey, I'm dead anyway and I have no idea who to blame. I'm just waiting to see how the rest of the vote goes.

The rest of the vote? I didn't think anyone had voted this round.

Yeah, no one's voted. Get voting, silly governors. 😛

_My fellow Americans,

In light of this deepening crisis, and in the aftermath of Northern actions against Texas, and the destruction of Illinois and Mississippi by the unknown traitorous elements, I, on behalf of the people of Pennsylvania, have a confession to make:

Over the Christmas season, We, the People of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, have asked Santa Clause for Spaceship Parts...

... And he has provided them.

To be honest, not everyone in Pennsylvania has been good all year long, but due to the coming Post-Apocalyptic era, Saint Nicholas has granted us special dispensation.

Made with materials mined by Elves, manufactured by Chinese labor and assembled in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania by specially trained and conditioned Orangutans (working under contract of course), it is our sincerest hope that, with this Spaceship, our people will be able to escape the coming holocaust and find a new future among the stars.

This Spaceship, designed to accommodate some Twenty Thousand people on their long voyage through the cosmos, will guarantee a future for the Twelve Million inhabitants of Pennsylvania, with room to spare for another Eight m... _<an aid crosses the stage to the podium, and whispers something to the Governor> _

... Excuse me, what? _<whispering> _

_<pause> _

_<cough> _

Ahem.

I'm afraid that something has come up, thatwillbeallfortonightthankyou.

_<rapidly departs> __

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 03 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

@eugene-chin, on Jan 3 2008, 02:36 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

< ditto>

I would vote against you, except for the fact that to do so would be suicide.

@soitbegins, on Jan 4 2008, 12:44 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I would vote against you, except for the fact that to do so would be suicide.

Well, NOT doing so too! 😛

Vote: SoItBegins

(I'm sorry for that, but we waited long enough for the first vote, I guess)

This post has been edited by RJC Ultra : 05 January 2008 - 12:34 PM