Global Thermonuclear War

BTW, I thought I should mention that darth_vader almost died in the first round by assassination, but SoItBegins got in the way.

@mackilroy, on Nov 16 2007, 03:46 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I'll let you all guess who the third dictator was. mrxak was the intelligence agent, and Anon was the SDI. As you know, prophile was the mercenary, and for others who aren't him, Eugene Chin was Takedown.

I hate no-reveal games.

HAET.

(EDIT) So, wait. The Innocents won, but you killed them Anyway?

HAET.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 15 November 2007 - 10:59 PM

Hey, I didn't forbid the third dictator from telling you all who he was.

... nfreader?

That was Real?

Innocent here. Yay and stuff.

Wow.

I'm not sure if I liked it or hated it. I got killed first, but I screwed up the game for the next two rounds.

I want to do it again!!**

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 15 November 2007 - 11:31 PM

Good game everybody.

Yeah, I was the intelligence agent. I feel I should tell you that in the first round, I was blocked from using my ability by some other role. I still managed to predict every terrorist action nonetheless up through my own death.

I think this game had far too many roles, and the lack of role-reveals just made it all the more messy. I hope the next game has at least as many players and limits the roles to a smaller number.

On the concept of roles: one role does not know it, and other roles only activate upon death (like Eugene Chin's) while another (Mercenary) was toned down from what it could have been. And one role actually reduced the number from seven to six. Revealing roles upon death might have balanced things out, though.

@eugene-chin, on Nov 15 2007, 07:42 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Toss in SIB's fishing for targets while trying to protect GutlessWonder, and you have a suspicion-fueled recipe for disaster.

Sorry? I was trying to protect prophile.

Early in Round 1, GutlessWonder threw an accusation at darth_vader.

darth responded with a vote against Gutless. You jumped on darth.

I voted against Gutless as well, and you turned on me.

Oh. That.

Well, the second alliance I made (I made 4 (mrxak, GutlessWonder, RJC Ultra, and prophile), not counting the provisional one with Selax or the botched attempt with Eugene Chin) was with GutlessWonder. Allies (should) look out for each other.

Then, I started suspecting him of being a terrorist, stopped supporting him, and eventually arranged (with prophile) for his death.

Good game.

Ah yes, killed by pure suspicion and speculation.

Still though, I thought this game was fantastic.

And in the end, I was the noob. :laugh:

And in the end, I was the noob. :laugh:

The noob who survived, that is. :wacko:

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 16 November 2007 - 11:55 AM

I was also a special role, but if Mack isn't interested in revealing it (I believe mine was one of the "interesting" ones) then I won't reveal it.

@eugene-chin, on Nov 15 2007, 09:58 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I hate no-reveal games.

HAET.

(EDIT) So, wait. The Innocents won, but you killed them Anyway?

HAET.

Agreed with everything here.

I was a dictator, and I never really did quite figure out who the other two were.

Manta was one. So was Dark Jet.

And if what you're saying was true, I did right by arranging for your death.

@darth_vader, on Nov 16 2007, 12:38 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I was also a special role, but if Mack isn't interested in revealing it (I believe mine was one of the "interesting" ones) then I won't reveal it.

Thanks, darth.

@darth_vader, on Nov 16 2007, 12:38 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Agreed with everything here.

Heh. I'll keep that in mind if/when I host again.