Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight

rebelswin_85 and darth_vader still need to vote. I would encourage you to vote for the guilty party nfreader.

@mrxak, on Oct 11 2007, 02:56 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight:

rebelswin_85 and darth_vader still need to vote. I would encourage you to vote for the guilty party nfreader.

Then they'd be bandwangoning! 😧

Well, nfreader is still voting for me, so there's the obvious self-defense issue. Since there is not a whole lot more to go on, I think the best course of action right now is to simply kill nfreader and get it over with. If that doesn't end the terrorist attacks (i.e. the game) then we can reassess what we know and catch the terrorists next round. I have to say, not knowing what role was played by certain people makes it a lot more difficult.

Vote: nfreader.

@nfreader, on Oct 11 2007, 04:47 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight:

Then they'd be bandwangoning! 😧

But in this case, they'd be bandwagoning somebody guilty.

An hour and a half left to vote! For rebelswin, that is.

Obvious, isn't. 🙂

@mackilroy, on Oct 11 2007, 07:27 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight:

An hour and a half left to vote! For rebelswin, that is.

Obvious, isn't. 🙂

I wonder if Mack isn't trying to tell us something. What is it girl, what is it? Timmy fell down the well? Oh no! It would be a bit too obvious to make Ireland and Indonesia the terrorists. On the other hand, what I said before still stands. It's true that we are bandwagoning, but since my vote can't make a difference at this point, I'll keep it, and we need to find out of mrxak was right. I still believe that 1Eevee1 was a dictator. nfreader I'm honestly not so sure about, but we need the truth. nfreader must die.

I'm more sure about nfreader than 1Eevee1. But only time will tell if one terrorist remains once nfreader is dead.

Premiere Mack stands in front of the assembled members of NATO and some UN representatives. He begins, saying, "We've decided upon a secondary target. nfreader must die." He nods to an American general, who follows one his European counterparts to the secure bunker beneath the meeting rooms. They return momentarily, and inform the chamber that nfreader and Indonesia have been subjected to a nuclear attack, and that he and all of his people have died in the bursts.

Weeks go by. Then months. And still no attacks. It is now evident that the last dictator was summarily removed from power, and the world celebrates.

Well, that was... a lot easier than it should've been. I would have been better off telling you national alignments had no bearing. 😛 Or if mrxak had been killed faster. sighs Maybe next time. 😉

Whoa.

I think we broke a speed record there, or something.

By the way, who was the I.A. this round?

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 12 October 2007 - 11:13 AM

mrxak was the intelligence agent. He didn't know for certain that 1Eevee1 was a dictator, but he investigated nfreader after the first round and that got Nick killed.

Yeah, I'd say picking the two bad guys before anybody else had posted a thing, and then getting them both killed in the first two rounds is a new personal best :). Mackilroy certainly tried to make it hard on me, telling me and everybody else that "obvious isn't", implying to me that the bad guys would be nuclear powers, and then my intelligence report on nfreader was all in code... but sometimes you just have to follow your gut, ignore the guy running the game, and pull out a 1-2 victory.

Feh, and I had all kinds of plans this round in case things went wrong. I had SDI and it ended up being entirely useless, although I did back the right people with it. Well, almost. Sorry prophile, but I had a feeling mrxak was the IA and I wanted to make sure no one killed him off before I could be sure.

@anon, on Oct 12 2007, 04:23 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight:

Feh, and I had all kinds of plans this round in case things went wrong. I had SDI and it ended up being entirely useless, although I did back the right people with it. Well, almost. Sorry prophile, but I had a feeling mrxak was the IA and I wanted to make sure no one killed him off before I could be sure.

Sweet. I tried to hint around that I might be the intelligence agent. Glad to hear somebody had my back.

@mrxak, on Oct 12 2007, 04:53 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Round Eight:

Sweet. I tried to hint around that I might be the intelligence agent. Glad to hear somebody had my back.

Of course, now that it turned out to be true, I can never trust you again. You're too tricksy, and you always play the same, regardless of what you are.

Nobody trusts me anyway, and you really shouldn't. But so you know, even when I'm playing as a bad guy, I pick out two innocents to be the bad guys and play sincerely as if I am innocent. When I say something as a bad guy in the game, I'm really looking out for the good guys, it's just that the good guys encompass myself.