Graphics botched - Can't see anything to readjust

Been toying with my graphics settings, one bad one and the screen went all white on me. Game is still active I assume because the sound is there, but the screen is just white.

Is there a prefs file to axe?

TIA!

Rob

There is indeed. Try removing the following files located at ~/Library/Preferences/:

uk.co.introversion.defcon.prefs

Could you possibly post letting us know which setting triggered the white screen and what hardware setup you are using? It really shouldn't exhibit this behaviour from any of the settings.

Factory build - PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0 GHz
30" ACD (Silver finish)

Any resolution change did it =/

I removed the prefs file and the default res was at my monitor native so i didn't want to try to change it again.

After I clicked "buy" the game was windowed and none of the in-game controls were displayed after the window switch (i.e. player lists weren't at the top right, controls weren't at the bottom right, etc...).

@andcarne, on Apr 19 2007, 10:46 PM, said in Graphics botched - Can't see anything to readjust:

There is indeed. Try removing the following files located at ~/Library/Preferences/:

uk.co.introversion.defcon.prefs

Could you possibly post letting us know which setting triggered the white screen and what hardware setup you are using? It really shouldn't exhibit this behaviour from any of the settings.

Strange I'll shoot an email about this to the beta list.

Also, when you buy the game it automatically drops the res, so that's not a bug, but it is odd that it messes up like that for you.

Were you one of the the people having issues with Redline? Could this be somehow related to that?

@rslifka, on Apr 20 2007, 11:10 AM, said in Graphics botched - Can't see anything to readjust:

30" ACD (Silver finish)

I removed the prefs file and the default res was at my monitor native so i didn't want to try to change it again.

After I clicked "buy" the game was windowed and none of the in-game controls were displayed after the window switch (i.e. player lists weren't at the top right, controls weren't at the bottom right, etc...).

What resolution is your display set to? Any time a button that links to something outside of the game (i.e. website, manual, etc.), DEFCON will go into windowed mode with a lower resolution of 1024x768. You would need to manually change the game resolution again, as well as put it back into full screen mode. We admit it's not the most elegant solution at this time, but necessary and reasonable. Please let us know how you make out 🙂

@rslifka, on Apr 20 2007, 11:10 AM, said in Graphics botched - Can't see anything to readjust:

30" ACD (Silver finish)

Could you give use your graphics card info from System Profiler? And it looks like the problem only occurs in full-screen mode, not windowed?

The glitch with the controls isn't supposed to happen, obviously. When you clicked the button, were you in a game, or just at the main screen?