Artwork

A drawing in progress...

I realize that this has nothing to do with SketchFighter, but...
I thought I'd post a shot of my long-term unfinished drawing of a decrepit old pickup truck; it's almost totally done freehand, although it's not original in that I was supposed to look at an existing smallish color photo and draw it on a much larger scale using only graphite pencils with no color. (The illustration board I'm using is actually about 2' x 2.5'.) My instructor wanted us to try and capture a sense of the value (i.e., shading) of the photo and what it would look like if it were in black-and-white.
Posted Image

JawDrop That is an amazing drawing, Lamkin!
I bet the guys in the 'Just Graphics' forum could have some better comments than I would.
Looks really cool!

-K

Marvelous drawing Lam! I particularly admire the shading. ^_^ I was never much good at metallic objects and I tend to over-shade everything.

Here's one of my own I drew a few years back:
Posted Image
The over shading is particularly apparent on the scales with the exception of the neck region, nonetheless it's one of my favorite pics I've yet drawn. πŸ™‚

You guys are both incredible! I can draw, but I'm not quite as good as you two are.
I am scanning a pic now to show you, but it will take a while, so I will edit when it's done.

-K

@silverwind, on Nov 23 2008, 01:54 AM, said in Artwork:

Marvelous drawing Lam! I particularly admire the shading. ^_^ I was never much good at metallic objects and I tend to over-shade everything.

Here's one of my own I drew a few years back:
Posted Image
The over shading is particularly apparent on the scales with the exception of the neck region, nonetheless it's one of my favorite pics I've yet drawn. πŸ™‚

Wow, I'm especially admiring the hatching of the rock. I could succeed with the dragon like you did, but the rock...

Silverwind, what was the medium you used? (Great drawing, by the way.) πŸ™‚

It was a long time ago so I can't be sure, but I think it was drawn during my 2B favoring days. I've long since refused to sketch with anything other than Faber-Castell's 1=2B however. πŸ™‚ (I like thick lines for cartooning)

All you people that can draw organic stuff. πŸ˜› All I can do is technical drawings. laughs

Just an update to the drawing of the pickup. (I'll finish that dang grille...eventually.) πŸ™‚
Posted Image

That looks really good, Lamkin. πŸ™‚

and because I can't get the stupid photos to upload to photobucket, I guess that I will not be posting them here.
Sorry!
And Lamkin, that is amazing!

-K

@mackilroy, on Dec 3 2008, 03:28 PM, said in Artwork:

That looks really good, Lamkin. πŸ™‚

@kasofa1, on Dec 3 2008, 08:30 PM, said in Artwork:

and because I can't get the stupid photos to upload to photobucket, I guess that I will not be posting them here.
Sorry!
And Lamkin, that is amazing!

Thanks, guys. πŸ™‚
And Kasofa, I've been uploading my pictures of the truck and some screenshots to http://picasaweb.google.com. First I drag and drop (as opposed to downloading) the uploaded image from that site to my desktop, where I then upload that image using QuickShareIt.
(Jumping through that extra hoop reduces the size of the original image. I apologize if that's confusing, but I'm basically telling you that QuickShareIt is awesome and has caused zero problems for me so far...)

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 03 December 2008 - 11:28 PM

Well, I think I'm disabled in the area of artwork, but I think I do have a bit of a knack for poems. πŸ™‚
Here's one I wrote recently:

The Pencil Sharpener
By Thomas Meinzen 12/6/08

That Pencil Sharpener
It’s not the kind you wind
It’s the dangerous, dangerous
Electric kind
With a quivering hold,
You put the pencil in
And slowly, slowly,
The blades begin to spin.
From the black object
Come very strange sounds
The pencil shakes
My heart pounds
The blades go faster,
The pencil’s sucked deeper.
I’m pretty sure
It’s a Pencil Grim Reeper.
It’s biting at the eraser
In no time at all.
What’s left of the pencil
Is now very small.
For much longer
I dare not linger
Or else it will soon
be sharpening my finger!

Haha. Don't ask me about the topic. Maybe I do have a bit too much time on my hands... :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Klublex

I love the poem Klublex! It is, however, somewhat, strange, but it is also very funny.
Laughs

-K

It's an excellent poem. πŸ™‚

Jaw hits ground from over staircase railing πŸ˜‰
AMAZING drawings!
I found a drawing of DBZ from awhile back, I'll upload it as soon as possible (once I get the scanner hooked up!)

This post has been edited by Sidepipe : 25 May 2009 - 01:49 AM

So Sidepipe, where's that drawing? πŸ˜‰

Sorry, i can't get the scanner to work...
But, my dad scanned it at work today, so it's on his computer...
And, he'll be home in like, an hour.