Radioactive City

After the caverns...

The story goes:
After Destroying that giant monstrosity that was lying in wait for you inside the caverns, you decide to go home, upon reaching the city limits you find...
Nothing. Nothing at all. Everything seems to be covered in some radioactive substance, and the guard system is going haywire. It falls upon your shoulders to go in and find out what is wrong.
Please, your city is waiting.

Hello, This is a new level.
If you have already read the story, you will know what has happened, if you have not read it, go back and read it, because I'm not posting it again.
well, folks, now it's the time you've all been waiting for, drumroll
The one, the only, Attached File RadActCit.zip (46.1K)
Number of downloads: 6
NOTE: This is the pre-final version, so the one in this post is the current download for the moment.

-K

Added swimming!

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 12 November 2008 - 11:17 AM

Kasofa,
I'm not so sure you needed to even mention Lars, as I don't believe anyone would have commented negatively on your level had you not written anything about him. :huh:
It's a great concept! I hadn't realized at first that those turret things could be destroyed, so it was tough (but cool) to attempt to navigate around the path of the bullets. (Maybe you should make it so they can't be destroyed, as it took more skill.) 🙂
Also, I think perhaps that a save station could be placed before the boss...please. 😉
Nice one, Kasofa. "Prolific"? Yep. You make levels even more often than I do.

Lamkin

OK, I think you're right, I'll edit out the comments about lars.
Thanks!

-K

More!!!!! added a save point and some more secrets.....
Attached File RadioActive_City_2.zip (17.88K)
Number of downloads: 7
Hope you people still like this!

-K

Having major "Sketcher's Block", if you have suggestions, please, post them here!
Thanks!

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 04 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

Sounds like a cool level! I'll try it ASAP. (I've been on vacation for a month...) :hector_bird:

I've downloaded the level but haven't played it yet. Are you planning to finish this level? (maybe it's already finished) it sounds like a really interesting concept. 🙂

Klublex

I will be finishing it (I hope).
It is ballooning into something huge.
Kinda like my 'epic'
well, thanks for posting!

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 09 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

Changed some stuff! The miniboss got a total makeover. added an UberCannonShooterThing
Here!!! Attached File RadActCity_3.zip (27.31K)
Number of downloads: 6
Hope you guys still like it!

-K

Sorry for not posting or working on this for a while, (I just bought EV Nova) but I just added some fun hidden stuff.
Here.
Attached File RA_City_3.zip (31.11K)
Number of downloads: 8
IF anyone can find anything other than the 5 missiles inside the city area, PM me or post here, if you do post it here, don't say where it is, like "I found the super homing gun inside a secret room behind the save ring," anyway, there's nothing there. Say it like, "I found the super homing gun"
Ok? Thanks!

-K

Keep working, Kasofa! I found all the secrets...

... in the editor 😉

Klublex

Cheater! 😞
They were all hidden pretty well though, right?
I would like people to actually find them though.
And please don't tell anyone else where you found them.
😉

-K

I didn't cheat! After I played through the level (finding none of the secrets :p) I decided to check it out in the editor.

Keep on working!

🙂 Klublex

So they were well hidden?
and using the missiles on every wall you see would be kinda boring...
but I'm hoping someone will find them while playing the level.

-K

I really need to get some ideas!
if you have anything, post it here, even if it's just something dumb, I might be able to balloon it into something better.
sorry for kinda gravedigging!

-K

This is the pre-final release of the level, and I need some people to test it. if you find any bugs, don't hesitate to point them out to me!
the level should be finishable, so if you can't finish it due to a bug, please tell me right away, after I get all the kinks out, I will submit it to the add-ons page.
Ta-da!
Attached File RadioactiveCity.zip (44.37K)
Number of downloads: 5

-K

@kasofa1, on Nov 4 2008, 09:59 PM, said in Radioactive City:

This is the pre-final release of the level, and I need some people to test it. if you find any bugs, don't hesitate to point them out to me!
the level should be finishable, so if you can't finish it due to a bug, please tell me right away, after I get all the kinks out, I will submit it to the add-ons page.
Ta-da!
Attachment RadioactiveCity.zip

-K

How are you supposed to get the rockets for the first save zone?

There are some

Spoiler

bricks you can shoot with the normal gun

, and there are some hidden in the entrance halls.
The chambers where I have hidden the objects all have doors/walls you mush shoot, none of them are pickups.
Happy Mapping!

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 05 November 2008 - 09:58 AM

Thanks, I'll try it out as soon as I have enough time. 🙂

Sounds Great! Downloading now...

Klublex

Hello? Anybody here? the boards are almost deserted nowadays. We need to start another contest or something.
Anyone? Hello?

-K