The Great Pumpkin

Lamkin's 13th level!

It's (basically) finished, although I'll wait a little while before I submit it to the addons page.

(My seven-year-old daughter Zoe assisted me with some of the concepts.) 🙂

As always, any comments would be greatly appreciated...

(Edit #1: I added some doors, switches, etc., and a few cosmetic things which included altering the "electric globe" a bit to something I like much, much better. I also changed the name of the level to Smashing Pumpkins. (Nope, I don't give a fig for the group.))
(Edit #2: I abandoned the title for another...(I ain't that inventive, Klublex.) Plus, I added some lava, some flickers, and a few more spiders.)
(Edit #3: I added to the lava (see screenshot in post number 10) and made some other minor changes...I'll try to get a lot more done before posting another update.)
(Edit #4: Unfortunately, I can't add too much more (besides the beasties) to the level and still keep it under 100k, as making an evening sky with stars took up a lot of space.)
(Edit #5: This should be the final edit. I've basically just got to put in the rest of the beasties, but I still have a few passageways I'm not sure what to do with...)
(Edit #6: I fixed the pumpkin and the cat.)

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 24 October 2008 - 10:09 PM

Yummy! er, um, I mean great!
I hope you can get this level out!
It looks really cool.
I hope that this level will come soon.

(thinks of ways to try to compliment level)
-K

Looks cool, Lamkin. I hope that you will have it done by Halloween.
I'm planning on posting the 3 levels I have waiting on Halloween, Hidden Enemies, Iceberg Fortress, and Adventure Challenge.

I'm glad to see you're back on the editor...

...I was getting bored. 😛

Klublex

A bump for an update to the level. (Look at the initial post.)

Yet another bump for the new title, as well as a few silly additions to the level. 🙂

Quite clever, I really like it. The spider is my favorite, mind if I copy your idea in Adventure Challenge? Also the dark clouds over the moon are quite a nice effect. I'm thinking, though, that for that title you better have some pumpkins to smash. 😉 I recommend having the stem being the target and then the whole pumpkin explodes when it's fired at for a while. (Use X-boxes for an extra punch) Just an idea, though.

Keep on working!

Klublex

@klublex, on Oct 4 2008, 05:33 PM, said in The Great Pumpkin:

The spider is my favorite, mind if I copy your idea in Adventure Challenge?I'm thinking, though, that for that title you better have some pumpkins to smash.

Klublex

You can copy any and all of my ideas, if you wish. 🙂
I agree about having some pumpkins to "smash," so either I'll get inventive or abandon the title for another.

If you attach the flames to something in layer 10 that does the 'ENV: forest tree movement' script, the flames move a little like real flames would.
just an idea. if you don't want to, I can make pumpkins to smash!

-K

@kasofa1, on Oct 5 2008, 07:55 AM, said in The Great Pumpkin:

If you attach the flames to something in layer 10 that does the 'ENV: forest tree movement' script, the flames move a little like real flames would.
just an idea. if you don't want to, I can make pumpkins to smash!

-K

Interesting...I had tried having the flames themselves scripted for movement, but was basically unimpressed because then they wouldn't blink/pulse, so I'll try your suggestion and see how it looks. Thanks.

(Edit: The effect looks very cool, as I was able to have the flames move and pulse. Thanks again, Kasofa.)

As for smashing pumpkins, I'll have to experiment a bit, as it could be amusing. :laugh: (They'd just take so long to make.)

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 05 October 2008 - 11:18 AM

A screenshot for those who might not have the time to download and test the level... 🙂

Posted Image

Another screenshot...

Posted Image

Quite cool, Lamkin! Just don't use ghosts, because I'm sure they'll womp the ones in my SmallSquare map. 😉

Klublex

Excellent concept for autumn. Some candles and spooky things here and there and it'll get a decent atmosphere. 😉

A bump with content. (See the first post for a level update.)

Nice! The concept is cool, exept that the pumpkin looks a little sprite-intensive... Let's see, shall we?

Amazing! Just how long have you been working on this level? I can't wait for it to be finished!

Klublex 🙂

Cool! Although I was able to finish it with the

Spoiler

Sketchfighter dual power edition

the force field at the end should be longer if you want the

Spoiler

1st and 2nd

ships to not be able to fly through it.
But other then that, I found no glitches.
wherever you put the

Spoiler

wave gun

, I didn't find it.
sorry for the spoiler bars, but if a person who hasn't gotten them might reads this might get disappointed.
Great level Lamkin!

-K

Kasofa1,
I was a little worried about the end of the level, so I'll fix that.
I'll also make sure that any pickups are easily spotted.

Klublex,
I've been working on the level only occasionally during the past few weeks, and that dang sky took a fairly long time to complete. I'll try and finish the level by tonight.

Sidepipe,
When you get close to the pumpkin the frame rates will drop, but it's still playable even on my (700 MHz) iMac.

Thanks for all of your kind comments... 🙂

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 20 October 2008 - 12:59 PM

Bumped because the sucker is finished. 😉

Wow, Lamkin, this must have taken years! (at least it would for me) Astounding detail.
Comments:
Lava Blobs took me a long time to beat (but that's okay)
You can get in to the

Spoiler

black cat

and out past the wall, letting you get into any of the nearby areas.
I don't think that is supposed to happen.
Also, the pumpkins nose and such can be destroyed by the wave.

Very cool,
Klublex