TBSE!

Who can design the best SKF level ever?

Ok, you read the title, this is going to be a contest in which you may compete!

This is the level template!
Attached File Contest_template.zip (1.96K)
Number of downloads: 10

The contest is closed!
No more people will be able to enter.

Rules for Level Makers:
no more that 5x5 graph paper auto background tiles big! (25 auto background tiles.)
you may build the level any way you wish,
you can have more tiles,
but must keep the action on the 5x5 block!
You also can rearrange the tiles and color them!
you can have one (1) entry per person! (if you make two, you have to choose one to submit for voting)
in other words, you may make two levels, but only get judged for one (1)!
please don't post you levels here, PM them to me.

About the voting:
I will post a poll once everyone has made their level.
once I post the poll, there will be no more entries!
you will send the levels to me through the PM system, then I will post them in a new topic.
I also will then post a poll for you to vote in, (if there is a way to vote twice, please don't use it!)
Do not vote until you have played all the levels!

Understood?
Go forth, Level Makers!

The current contestants:
Kasofa1 *
Lamkin *
Klublex *
PiSketch *
Dogbert
Tridash
Silverwind
Jacabyte (maybe)
Edwards (I think)
Gray Shirt Ninja

*I have the level for this person

If I'm forgetting anyone, Please tell me.
Thanks!

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 24 September 2008 - 07:15 PM

So it's One Page Map 2?

Kinda, but I think that this is larger.
but in a sense, yes.

-K

Since it takes me forever and a day to create a level, I think I should pass on this one... :rolleyes:

Ooo, I should really take a shot at it. My avatar would look really, really nice as a sketch, we're into sketching in my CADD class, and I'd like the experience. I'll have to do it within the three day weekend, though...

Sounds interesting, and it's a bit larger than the one-page map. How long exactly do we have to work on this?

Edwards

Dang, if Edwards, gray, and Jaca (and Kasofa, of course) are all interested in this, perhaps I should come out of retirement. 😉
Seriously though, you have all piqued my interest.

I really don't know how long we have to do this, if anybody posts later today (on my time) I will let them in, after today, I'll probably close and give you guys a week or so to complete, Unless you need more time to make special effects, ect.

Glad to see people interested!
-K

Can I do it or is it to late?
It sounds awesome!!!
By the way, Kasofa, I like your avatar. 🙂

Klublex

@kasofa1, on Aug 29 2008, 09:30 AM, said in TBSE!:

no more that 5x5 graph paper auto background tiles big!
you may build the level any way you wish, you can have more tiles, but must keep the action on the 5x5 block!

Kasofa1,
Can the "action" tiles be altered and colored, etc.? (I'd like to create either a football or baseball stadium, and the playing field would be exactly 5x5.)
I will, of course, respect your decision here without complaint. :mellow:

Lamkin

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 30 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

@klublex, on Aug 30 2008, 08:17 AM, said in TBSE!:

Can I do it or is it to late?

Klublex

Klublex, if you were to modify Crazy Boss for this contest, it'd be (in my humble opinion) pretty dang difficult to top. Fantastic concept and level! 🙂

Klub, you may enter now if you want to. 🙂
and lamkin, you may color the tiles, but I would like them to stay the same size. you may move them if you want, but you need 25 tiles for the player to go on.
I still need to try Crazy Boss, but if lamkin says it's good, it most definitely is!
and Klublex, Thanks! my avatar is the mini boss in the radioactive city.

Lots of posters!
-K

Actually, I built the Crazy Boss level before I even heard about the contest, and I'm starting a level now to put in. I think that these contests are really fun, and I was disappointed to miss out on the first one. I had a question about the poll when we do it: Can you vote for yourself? 😉

Klublex

@kasofa1, on Aug 30 2008, 10:09 AM, said in TBSE!:

lamkin, you may color the tiles, but I would like them to stay the same size. you may move them if you want, but you need 25 tiles for the player to go on.

Thanks, Kasofa. Yep, I would definitely not resize those 25 tiles. I apologize for revealing my idea before the contest began, but I thought doing so might possibly influence your decision. (I could have sent you a PM...Oops. :rolleyes: No biggie.)
Now, if we could only persuade Silverwind and Pi (among others) to participate, I'd be content. 🙂

Lamkin

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to drop out. I'm too inexperienced to complete a map in a week, especially with all this school work flying around...

You will be able to vote for yourselves.
and JB. If you need more time, that's ok, I can give you as much time as you need!
hopefully, Pi ans SW will see this...
Maybe I'll keep it open until tomorrow.

Thinks
-K

@kasofa1, on Aug 30 2008, 04:34 PM, said in TBSE!:

You will be able to vote for yourselves.

I hadn't planned on voting for myself. However, it occurs to me that if I do not, then I may very well end up with no votes, and that would be bad. 😛

Eh, I'll post. I don't really think I'll be able to do this one, school is just starting on Monday for me, so there will be some minor frenzy while we figure out what we're doing this year. I'm homeschooled, by the way. I have a side of the house to paint, too. I'll see if I can get Dogbert to participate, though. And who knows, I might actually come up with something in time.

This post has been edited by PiSketch : 30 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

Hey, by inexperienced, I mean that I've never made any maps before. Of any kind.

So there. 😛

Inexperience is no excuse! The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step! You'll never get anywhere if you don't make something of yourself!

Er...

Or something like that. 😛

So, in other news, I lied, I'm giving it a shot. Had an interesting idea. Requesting rules clarification, though. The player is not allowed to ever leave the 5x5 square, correct? Or is it that they're not allowed to do anything outside the square, so they'd be allowed to exit the square if it were, for example, the exit to the level?