The Cathedral Of Chaos

@silverwind, on Feb 19 2007, 12:33 PM, said in The Cathedral Of Chaos:

Again, as I said to Edwards and Dogbert, I already have Fire Falcon and D-ATTACK testing it and I don't need much more than that. But I might, we'll see what the future holds. Once again, thanks for offering, it's really considerate.

Usually I have free times on my hands, thought I would offer.

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Feb 19 2007, 12:16 AM, said in The Cathedral Of Chaos:

Compare with mine:

A transparent, light-blue sprite in layer 9. At least it was easy to do

Actually, now that I think about it, yours may be a bit processor intensive. I hope not, as it looks pretty cool.

I will say that your water looks more "sketchy," whereas Silverwind's looks very... un-sketchy... but both look neat. Can't wait...

New pics

Attached File Picture_2.gif (68.39K)
Number of downloads: 32

And the second one.

Attached File Picture_1.gif (56.45K)
Number of downloads: 40

Wow, that second one looks HIGHLY awesome. Looks like a way cool level, Silver. Can't wait for it to come out.

Thanks ^_^

Here's another pick that not even the BETA testers will have seen yet.
Attached File Sprint_Of_Doom_Chamber.gif (60.75K)
Number of downloads: 30

More intense awesomeivity. This looks great, Silver. I really like to see how much detail you put into your levels.

In other news, today was my birthday. I'm 14. I'm officially old now. 😄

Happy Birthday! 😄 And I'm glad you like the sceenshots.

More interesting pics. Pic 1:
Attached File 3Dness.gif (62.9K)
Number of downloads: 40

And pic 2:
Attached File Green_Gun.gif (50.3K)
Number of downloads: 22

It won't be long 'til the release now, I've just added the final gun colour. All that's left is the final area and a bit more detailing in the rest of the level. 🙂

Oohhh...shiny! I had thought of trying to simulate 3D, but rejected the idea without trying because I thought it just wouldn't turn out. You've proved me wrong 1000 times with that gorgeous door. How long did that take to get right?

@silverwind, on Mar 8 2007, 04:13 PM, said in The Cathedral Of Chaos:

All that's left is the final area...

Which area is behind that extremely impressive 3-D arch, I presume?

Edwards wanders away, rather stunned at that incredible bit of sketchery.

Edwards

@silverwind, on Mar 8 2007, 03:09 PM, said in The Cathedral Of Chaos:

More interesting pics. Pic 1:
Attachment 3Dness.gif

turns green

Greetings,

I am ashamed of myself. I'm making a map of my own and looking at what others have done I am stunned. How on Earth did you get that door?!?!?!

Arms a glock up to Korithus' head, and squeezes the trigger

Korithus

I am totally going to use that arch in my next level.
snatchs Silverwind's arch

I'm always glad to hear my work is appreciated. 😄 I actually think it looks rather scribbly, it was built in fifteen minutes. Not to worry though, I'll probably add a better 3D object near the end of the level, and if I take the time to add vines going up the wall and a sign hanging from it it will look a bit cooler.

Which area is behind that extremely impressive 3-D arch, I presume?

Nah, the arch is back at the waterfall, the final area has a much more stunning entrance... freaky Crystal Maze like grin Remember I said I was only blueprinting the level first, and then I'd go back and detail it? Well that's kinda what I'm doing now, as well as the last area. By the way, sorry I've been so long sending the next BETA file, I've got all the changes and suggestions done, but I'm spending allot of time on the difficulty. I don't want it as hard as TTOTP, (which was really cool by the way GSN) but I want it a good bit harder than my usual work. (I think I've achieved this) I'll have the next update finished by today I expect, so just let me know what time suits you for sending it, if your still interested. 🙂

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 09 March 2007 - 03:42 AM

@silverwind, on Mar 9 2007, 01:40 AM, said in The Cathedral Of Chaos:

Not to worry though, I'll probably add a better 3D object near the end of the level, and if I take the time to add vines going up the wall and a sign hanging from it it will look a bit cooler.

choking noises followed by a THUD
I look forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve.

Nah, the arch is back at the waterfall, the final area has a much more stunning entrance... freaky Crystal Maze like grin Remember I said I was only blueprinting the level first, and then I'd go back and detail it? Well that's kinda what I'm doing now, as well as the last area.

Well, given the detail level of the beta I played, this ought to be rather impressive.

I'll have the next update finished by today I expect, so just let me know what time suits you for sending it, if your still interested. 🙂

As soon as possible would be good, as my internet connection will become very questionable starting around noon on Saturday. Assuming I get the file, I'll try to send a review the first chance I get.

Edwards

In about a week, I'll release The Cathedral Of Chaos. It might be a slightly longer, because I want to wait for the BETA testers final opinions on it, but I don't think it will be much more then a week. It's file size so far is 916 KB although it doesn't take nearly as much time to complete as TTOTP. My run of it so far is 22 minutes, and all I have left to add is the big nasty at the end. I wouldn't say the final version would take more than 30 minutes to finish if your a decently good player. (although there's a mine that I keep forgetting about in a narrow corridor that gets me every time, that might add another five minutes to it!) While the difficulty could be considered hard, it's no where near as hard as TTOTP or The Five Seasons. I only hope I haven't made it unenjoyable for everyone, as I myself prefer a nice easy level. (well, easier )

One last thing. The framerate slows down a bit (usually only when your shooting) whenever there's a considerable amount of detail on the screen, and also because of the ridiculous size of the level! While I am trying to trim down the amount of onscreen sprites, I hope this doesn't ruin the level too much for anyone in the finished product. My next level will definitely be smaller...

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 10 March 2007 - 03:37 PM