The Cathedral Of Chaos

@zacha-pedro, on Mar 22 2007, 03:11 PM, said in The Cathedral Of Chaos:

I like the fact it's linear at the beginning (as you use the path to go to the bad people hideout), and at the end (it's the last line to the finish), though it would have been better if there was a longer non-linear part at the middle (making both linear ends less long to compensate), and/or if you did not have to do things in a set order in there, I like for instance things like the two doors that guard the gate to the Factory from the Wasteland in the main game, which you can go and disable in the order you like, and of course the stars which you can grab in the order you like

Yes, I agree that a less liner design would have suited a level of this size much better, which is why I'm making The Chronicles Of Sketch very free roaming.

The end sequence is very good, but didn't indicate me at all that there were pending secrets (I just imagined that the elder sketch was someone from the characters of Sketchtopia that one would see in a future level and/or the SketchFighter academy). I mean, it's not like it's hard* to have a text sprite that would say that not all secrets have been found (like the main game does when you complete it without getting 100% stuff). I can't remember how Kingdom Hearts did that (my brother played it, not the 2 though), but I think it was better said at the end that there was special things if you really did find everything (I also remember that my brother, to find everything, used the strategy guide; I don't think you can reasonably get a strategy guide written for tCoC ;)).

I didn't actually mean to imply that by beating the level you receive evidence of secrets, I was just kinda noting that a character in the credits isn't in the main part of the level. I think I included a slight hint of hidden items in the Read Me as well, I think I did anyway. Your idea of the text sprite count of secrets at the end of the credits is cool! I wish I had thought of that before I released the level. Ah well, no matter, I can use it if I ever bring out a V2 with bugs fixed and such, and I'll definitely use it in all my new levels. 😉 (by the way, if you completed the original Kingdom Hearts with 100% items collected and trophy cups won and all the other things done, you got a secret video of the second game. Also I dislike using strategy guides)

By he way, how many such secrets are there, so that I know when I've found them all?

You know it's the strangest thing, I can't remember! let's see... well there's that one with the Elder Sketch, and um... yep, I think that's the only one. Yes siry, I'm definitely sure that there is no more secrets in the level... definitely sure... positively sure... (kind of)

Thanks for playing my level ZP, I'm really glad you liked it. You can rest assured that all my new levels will be more free roaming and contain (if any) secrets with riddles to them.

Silverwind - I really enjoyed this sketchmap especially the waterfall, 3D arch, maze of invisible walls (just the right level of difficulty in there), and the end credits... all of which made the journey new and very fun.

@victorvs, on Mar 28 2007, 01:03 AM, said in The Cathedral Of Chaos:

Silverwind - I really enjoyed this sketchmap especially the waterfall, 3D arch, maze of invisible walls (just the right level of difficulty in there), and the end credits... all of which made the journey new and very fun.

Thanks for playing my level Victor, I'm glad you enjoyed it. 🙂

Ahh, well, after finally downloading this gorgeous add-on I immediately started playing and I have to say that it was worth the time (around one hour, maybe plus 15 minutes game time), the details and of course the hard but not too hard quests made this my favourite SF level. Well done!

It's an honor to hear that Freq245, thank you very much for playing my level! 😄

I could not find a download link for this. Could somebody post one?

You can download it on the add-ons page here

Wow, it's nice to see the level is still being played. 🙂

I think I already have this level, but just in case I didn't, I do now. 😄

Awesome level, Silverwind! I especially loved the part where the system failed and you had to fix it. I'm afraid I kind of took that idea in my most recent level, the Master System. I hope that's okay with you. 🙂 I got to the Main Boss at the end, but I'm afraid I wasn't able to beat it, even using the Pellet/Beam strategy. 😞 I came very close, though. I actually did beat it once, (with 2% health left :)) but once of it's red pellets hit me before I could save. :mad: The Cathedral of Chaos is been my favorite level so far.

By the way, have you played the Master System? If so, what do you think of it? (I know it's not much, but I just made it to see if I could make that concept) Thanks for your input!

By the way, in the cast section of the end credits, Scribbles is spelled "Scibbles" 🙂 I think that's a little mistake.

Klublex

This post has been edited by Klublex : 11 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

Great huge level, Silverwind. Very tough, too. I'm not even close to finishing it. I'm tempted to delete some enemies in your level (via the editor) so I can complete the level (more easily) and see the end credits.
😉
Thanks for your comments, too...
Lamkin

Glad you like it guys, I'm always glad to hear my old levels are still being played. 🙂 I haven't tried The Master System yet, but I'll give it a go right away. Yeah, that was a mistake in the credits, hehe...

Did you find the Homing gun Lam? It's in a concealed room in the forest at the beginning. That might make the level a little easier. 🙂 Also, there's some sort of powerup (I can't remember which one) in a hidden room at the entrance to the cathedral. To access it you need to shoot at the right-side door support until you hear the sound of an invisible obstacle being destroyed. You can then fly up the tunnel (straight through the door support) and enter the hidden room.