The Nightmare Box

Lamkin's new level...

The Nightmare Box is a level I created from scratch. (I'll upload it this weekend. I'm a bit embarrassed to say how long the thing took me to make.) 😊 Please, be kind when commenting about it; keep in mind it's my first level. Post any comments here, I guess...

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 02 November 2009 - 07:51 PM

Good to hear it's finished! No worries on how long it took, not like there's a contest or anything. Hope to play it soon. 🙂

Okay, The Nightmare Box has been uploaded, although I do not see it posted just yet...I'm assuming I can upload it here as well. 😮

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 02 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

You can, but for the actual downloads page one of the SF mods (such as myself) has to approve it. When I'm not so tired (it's almost 2 AM) I'll do so, or one of the two European SF mods can do it.

Hmmm...Perhaps all the SketchFighter players are on the road (camping or something) for the Memorial holiday weekend, and that's why the level isn't posted and only six people have downloaded it. Yeah, that's the ticket! 😉 😄

Sorry about that... seems I've lost the password, I'll let one of the other SF mods know. However, they're both in Europe, so I can't guarantee they'll get to it today.

Uploaded. Sorry for the delay, these days I check the pending add-ons only on weekends for various technical and available time reasons.

Thanks Zacha and Mack for posting the level. I realize you both have actual lives to lead and was just kidding about uploading the level, although I was getting a bit impatient. 🙂
I'm posting an update to The Nightmare Box here (not expecting it to be formally uploaded, of course), because I feel that this new version plays much more like I had intended initially. Hopefully, getting that last star in the level hasn't proved to be too frustrating...? I'd like to hear some comments, if you have any...

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 02 November 2009 - 07:53 PM

I'll upload that now. Thanks.

Mack...can you do me a huge favor and, um, perhaps take down that last uploaded level (when you have time, of course), as it can't be won/finished by anyone. 😊
I'll post the updated update using the official thingamabob online, so please look for it there.

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 02 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

Done. PM me when you've uploaded it and I'll approve it.

Mack...sorry, but that one didn't work either...basically this has to do with angles and the super pellet gun. I'll upload the latest one (titled v1.0.3 , not v1.0.2) here on the forum.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 02 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

Not a problem. It's uploaded. I'm going to go to bed now though, so if you've got more to upload you'll have to wait until a sane hour. 😉

Uploaded .zip file of The Nightmare Box.
Lamkin

Attached File(s)

Wow, I actually quite like this. I haven't beaten it yet, it's much harder then I'm used to. Plus, I'm way out of practice. I really like the effect of all the multicolored wires, it looks very cool. I'll post up in more depth once I've beaten it.

The two stars in the, ahm, "boss room" must be "pick-ups", not "solid".

@freq245, on Jun 18 2008, 09:43 AM, said in The Nightmare Box:

The two stars in the, ahm, "boss room" must be "pick-ups", not "solid".

Freq, those two stars were deliberately solid...otherwise the total number of star pick ups in the level would be seven.
🙂
Lamkin

Pretty good level, Lamkin. I gave up after dying once when I was 3/4 of the way through, because I would have to defeat all the enemies over again. :mad: But that's just the way it goes.
I think that they're are to many enemies (especially fighters) in such small places, but that's just my input. The circuitry is nice, and I like the super pellets at the beginning. 🙂 I'm eager for more levels!

Klublex

@klublex, on Jul 7 2008, 09:25 AM, said in The Nightmare Box:

Pretty good level, Lamkin. I gave up after dying once when I was 3/4 of the way through, because I would have to defeat all the enemies over again. :mad: But that's just the way it goes.
I think that they're are to many enemies (especially fighters) in such small places, but that's just my input. The circuitry is nice, and I like the super pellets at the beginning. 🙂 I'm eager for more levels!

Klublex

Klublex, thanks for your comments. This was the first level I created for SketchFighter. Looking back now, I agree that I'd made it a bit too difficult. I've since created five other levels, but they're somewhat atypical of the usual level style and design. I'd very much like to know what you think of them...
🙂
Lamkin

Hey, Lamkin. Is The Nightmare Box actually your first level? It's really good compared to my first level. I'll put it on when I have more time. My first level is Terrible!
Anyway, yes I have played your other levels. I think that Christmas in June is my favorite. I really liked the way you did the Fire at the end. 🙂
Klublex

This post has been edited by Klublex : 07 July 2008 - 02:58 PM