Project Multi Sketch

I, sadly, have recently redownloaded SKF due to editor failure, and managed to, in the process, lose all of my custom maps. So, sadly, i don't have it. Dogbert or Teh might, though, i can ask.

@edwards, on Nov 18 2007, 04:45 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

Ah, yes. That is a bug- try to have the force field accelerate the player all the way into the door.

Go ahead. As long as you're making bug-fixes, the map will need to be updated anyway, so go ahead and add any non-bug-fix minor changes you want. If we're still aiming for a first-anniversary release, we have twelve days left, so it would be best if you could upload the updated version by noon on Wednesday so I can splice maps and re-build the TC over Thanksgiving break.

Edwards

Alright cool. Although i dont have the most up to date version and im not sure were to get it. could someone send it to me?

Yeah, i, too, am lacking my own map. Would it be possible for Edwards or anyone else who has the many versions of A8 to send me them, and i could either pick out the most recent one, or fix one to be close enough?

Quick update on CAE 1.0.1: I finally found the time to debug my changes (from August, lol), and as far as I can tell, everything works as it should. CAE can now add new files to SketchFighter that were not originally there, and take them back out again.

Edwards' bug is still outstanding. I'm not sure why it fails so spectacularly; I wish it would just put up an error like a respectable bug should. I'm thinking that the easiest way to fix it is to add a check for directory parity between Assets and Switchhouse and put up an error if they don't match.

I've also discovered another bug that is of little consequence. If you have a file in the root of the assets dir, it will get transfered correctly into SketchFighter, but not returned. I call this a problem of little consequence because, AFAICT, there aren't any files in the root worth changing. I don't think I'll fix this one for 1.0.1; what do others think?

Lastly, packaging a release takes time. All of this comes together and conspires to further delay the release of this update by, oh, I don't even know how long. But, if you guys need it to release PMSTC then I'll send a quickie build to the interested parties.

I fixed the bug in my level were you could get stuck just before the boss arena. heres the fixed version.Attached File PMS_Part_3.SketchMap.zip (46.88K)
Number of downloads: 3

@cheleball, on Nov 19 2007, 02:06 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

Lastly, packaging a release takes time. All of this comes together and conspires to further delay the release of this update by, oh, I don't even know how long. But, if you guys need it to release PMSTC then I'll send a quickie build to the interested parties.

Unless someone's working on a secret addition to Area 10 that includes new sprites and scripts, I don't think that we need a new version of CAE, as long as I'm careful when assembling the TC. So, feel free to take your time.

@Dogbert: Looks good. Are you going to be making any other changes?

Edwards

no probably not, unless if i find another bug.

@dogbert, on Nov 18 2007, 11:39 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

Alright cool. Although i dont have the most up to date version and im not sure were to get it. could someone send it to me?

Here are all the up to date PMS files I have.
http://www.savefile.com/files/1208745
I think Ed might have a few individual Area updates, but these should be the most recent .SketchMap files.

EDIT:

I've updated my Area 10 Arena to include the project designer name, as well as increasing the Boss's HP by 500. I also updated the readme. (btw, the readme is open for editing if anyone wants to add contact information or anything else)

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 20 November 2007 - 07:33 AM

The good news: I now have the latest version of every Area, and have spliced Areas 7 and 8 together properly. In addition, I think that my portion of Area 10 is within a few minutes of cleanup and splicing with Areas 9 and 10SW of being finalized. So, the project looks be be on-track to be released by November 30th.

The bad news: I've been inspired to set up "one more thing" in Area 10 (TC version only, unfortunately), so I'm going have a bit more to do this weekend than I expected. It will be so worth it, though.

Edwards the Cackling with Deranged Laughter

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Update:
All the Parts have been spliced together for the .SketchMap version. You can find them here for beta testing. Note that my final boss is a bit easier than I expected, as I hadn't realized that the player had 300% shields at the end of the project, rather than 200%. It's still not too easy, though.

The TC-only "One More Thing" is coming along nicely. I will need to add a few more AIs to implement it properly, though, so if cheleball could get me a version of CAE that can add new files, I'd appreciate it.

Edwards

Nice one Ed. I'll try to run through the files sometime today.

@edwards, on Nov 23 2007, 06:01 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

The TC-only "One More Thing" is coming along nicely. I will need to add a few more AIs to implement it properly, though, so if cheleball could get me a version of CAE that can add new files, I'd appreciate it.

Edwards

How do you know SKF's syntax to use when creating your own scripts? Does it use a popular language?

There is no scripting language whatsoever. Scripts are merely a sequence of commands that can be reverse engineered much like we did for SketchMaps, except it is much more experimental for scripts, so nothing has been documented yet.

Ah, I see.

@edwards, on Nov 23 2007, 06:01 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

Update:
All the Parts have been spliced together for the .SketchMap version. You can find them here for beta testing. Note that my final boss is a bit easier than I expected, as I hadn't realized that the player had 300% shields at the end of the project, rather than 200%. It's still not too easy, though.

Hmmm... Part 5 seems to be outdated. The version of Area 9 is 1.0.0 and there's no Area 10.

@zacha-pedro, on Nov 23 2007, 11:39 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

There is no scripting language whatsoever. Scripts are merely a sequence of commands that can be reverse engineered much like we did for SketchMaps, except it is much more experimental for scripts, so nothing has been documented yet.

What do you mean "nothing has been documented yet"? Just because you haven't seen the documentation doesn't mean I don't have it...

@silverwind, on Nov 23 2007, 11:43 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

Hmmm... Part 5 seems to be outdated. The version of Area 9 is 1.0.0 and there's no Area 10.

Huh? I just looked at the version of the file I uploaded that I have on my computer (sorry, I'm not downloading it on this dial-up connection), and it certainly does have the current versions of Areas 9, 10.1, and 10.2. The only problems with it are that the entrance is set up for the TC, with Gate 99 Start instead of Game Start, and I forgot to sign the beginning of my Area.

Edwards

@edwards, on Nov 24 2007, 07:03 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

What do you mean "nothing has been documented yet"? Just because you haven't seen the documentation doesn't mean I don't have it...

Well, I mean that nothing has been publically documented yet. I'm certain you don't work entirely from memory or using wild guesses. 😉

By the way, I've been improving collision warning code in SketchMap Merger to store info about an arbitrary number of sprites involved in the collision (there is only an arbitrary safety limit of 100 in case of a sprite named "Sprite.ImMessingThingsUp" or a similar thing) and I wanted to stress it a bit, so I (blindly) merged all PMS parts and had this:

Reporting 1 name collision.

The name "A5 Switch1" is used by 3 sprites:
- "A5 Switch1", located at (-697, -84) in the base source file (PMS Part 3.SketchMap)
- "A5 Switch1", located at (86, -417) in the base source file (PMS Part 3.SketchMap)
- "A5 Switch1", located at (3476, -529) in the base source file (PMS Part 3.SketchMap)
, while one sprite, "A5 Switch1.tangle", located at (3442, -555) in the base source file (PMS Part 3.SketchMap), is a child of that name.

End of report.

It's something you perhaps might wish to fix, if possible.

@edwards, on Nov 24 2007, 07:03 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

Huh? I just looked at the version of the file I uploaded that I have on my computer (sorry, I'm not downloading it on this dial-up connection), and it certainly does have the current versions of Areas 9, 10.1, and 10.2. The only problems with it are that the entrance is set up for the TC, with Gate 99 Start instead of Game Start, and I forgot to sign the beginning of my Area.

Edwards

That's odd, having just downloaded the file again now it seems you are correct. I did play through my previously described version earlier however. :blink: I must have an old ( really old) version of PMS somewhere in the custom map folder. Well, time for a clean out I guess...

Well, 2 days left until the release of the .Sketchmap version! I'm gonna play through the files once again tonight to route out any last glitches. Has anyone got any changes they want to make to their Area? If so, please do it now, as I'd like to avoid a 1.0.1 release. (I'll fix the gate 99 thing Ed)

I posted an update to my area theres a link to it in post 305

Yup, I got it. 🙂 I'm gonna run through the files now...