Wasteland help - getting the 8th star!

I really hate asking for a walkthrough, but I've spent HOURS now looking for a way to unlock the Yellow star in east side of Wasteland. Any suggestions? AFAIK, every part of this map is unlocked and touched.. There is also another area that looks "blacked out" that's just north of the 8th, yellow star.

Anyhow, please tell me how to get this so I can sleep tonight. 🙂

Have you been in that black part? You can go there. So I guess not everything is unlocked

@zacha-pedro, on Mar 13 2007, 07:07 PM, said in Wasteland help - getting the 8th star!:

Have you been in that black part? You can go there. So I guess not everything is unlocked

I really hate games where I spend many days looking for a little thing I forgot to unlock. Its not very fun. I've killed everything on every map 50 times now. Can someone please tell me the best strategy to move forward?

I cannot get to the black area in the north part of wasteland. Where is the switch that unlocks this area?

@eluxtria, on Mar 20 2007, 05:30 PM, said in Wasteland help - getting the 8th star!:

I really hate games where I spend many days looking for a little thing I forgot to unlock. Its not very fun. I've killed everything on every map 50 times now. Can someone please tell me the best strategy to move forward?

I cannot get to the black area in the north part of wasteland. Where is the switch that unlocks this area?

If you really want to know it, the entrance to the black area is on the very left of the Forest. These world links are on your world map, too. 🙂

Indeed, it's not even something you forgot to unlock, it's directly accessible from the Forest.

EDIT: heh, answered before I did. The last and final star? it could just be any one of them. Which color is it in the End Zone? That'll at least allow you to locate it

@freq245, on Mar 20 2007, 11:39 AM, said in Wasteland help - getting the 8th star!:

If you really want to know it, the entrance to the black area is on the very left of the Forest. These world links are on your world map, too. 🙂

damn it.. I had just found it.. was coming back to tell you all thanks for nuthin! but, thanks for helping.. as you all know, some people sleep better without these little things nagging the back of the brain!

Now, what is the deal with the last and final star? I want to end this.. any hints where I might look for it?

@freq245, on Mar 20 2007, 11:39 AM, said in Wasteland help - getting the 8th star!:

damn it.. I had just found it.. was coming back to tell you all thanks for nuthin! but, thanks for helping.. as you all know, some people sleep better without these little things nagging the back of the brain!

Now, what is the deal with the last and final star? I want to end this.. any hints where I might look for it?

It's most likely the one off the page in the Forest. It took me ages to find my way back there after I died the first time, and it wasn't until way after that I discovered the map. 😛 If it isn't that Star, it might be the one in the Ice Caves. That was my final Star.

@silverwind, on Mar 20 2007, 12:20 PM, said in Wasteland help - getting the 8th star!:

It's most likely the one off the page in the Forest. It took me ages to find my way back there after I died the first time, and it wasn't until way after that I discovered the map. 😛 If it isn't that Star, it might be the one in the Ice Caves. That was my final Star.

well, I've got 8 stars. Now the End Zone has only one gate at the very end. The color is gray. What next??

This post has been edited by Eluxtria : 20 March 2007 - 03:27 PM

The Grey Stars are located in the only Zone that doesn't have a Gun Colour to match. 😉 (not including the End Zone of coarse)

@silverwind, on Mar 20 2007, 04:04 PM, said in Wasteland help - getting the 8th star!:

The Grey Stars are located in the only Zone that doesn't have a Gun Colour to match. 😉 (not including the End Zone of coarse)

Thanks for pputting up with my bitching and whining.. of course, I did find the missing stars (two of them) and am now wrestling in the end zone battle.. Not at all what I would have expected and really fun.

thanks!

@eluxtria, on Mar 20 2007, 10:59 PM, said in Wasteland help - getting the 8th star!:

Thanks for pputting up with my bitching and whining.. of course, I did find the missing stars (two of them) and am now wrestling in the end zone battle.. Not at all what I would have expected and really fun.

thanks!

Congratulations on getting to the end of the game!

I suggest trying your hand at level editing once you've beaten solo mode, as custom levels are where the true challenges are found. (and also, your imagination is the limit)

@silverwind, on Mar 20 2007, 06:14 PM, said in Wasteland help - getting the 8th star!:

Congratulations on getting to the end of the game!

I suggest trying your hand at level editing once you've beaten solo mode, as custom levels are where the true challenges are found. (and also, your imagination is the limit)

I've not been able to make even a scratch on the main boss.. any hints?

Do you mean the Pen, or the Sketchfighter Ships? I'll assume you mean the Pen. He can only be damaged by shooting his weak point with a special weapon. Don't go searching for the special weapon though, as you definitely have it. 😉