Best time on Racetrack

Title says it all. What's your best time on the Wasteland Racetrack? For the sake of equality, lets say best time using only ships/weapons/upgrades that are in the demo. Mine's 31 seconds, using only yellow pellets and a pilot who had won before.

This post has been edited by PiSketch : 21 December 2006 - 05:39 PM

@pisketch, on Dec 21 2006, 02:44 PM, said in Best time on Racetrack:

Title says it all. What's your best time on the Wasteland Racetrack? For the sake of equality, lets say best time using only Normal beam and Normal pellets, red and yellow. Mine's 31 seconds, using only yellow pellets and a pilot who had won before.

What kind of ship?

1st.

Edits first post

not bad. nice time 🙂 i can't get below 41 secs...

It can help to just fire constantly. Set fire to Caps and leave it on, then you don't need to remember when to hit it. Also, try going through once or thrice just to get the layout.

that would work...

I consistantly do it in under 43 seconds, but that includes the time it takes to get the super pellet upgrade. I don't actually bother with the shield upgrade anymore, and haven't tried to get any faster.

xander

don't try to get the super pellet. do that after you beat the race or in a seprate run just to get the super pellet. you should be able to do it if that 42 secs includes trying to get the upgrade.

@indigo, on Dec 24 2006, 06:42 PM, said in Best time on Racetrack:

don't try to get the super pellet. do that after you beat the race or in a seprate run just to get the super pellet. you should be able to do it if that 42 secs includes trying to get the upgrade.

Yes, but 42 seconds is the difference between beating my previous best time, and not beating it 🙂 If I don't bother to get the pellet upgrade, it only takes about 35 seconds, but I don't need the shields. You get better ones later 😉

xander

hmm. i thought so. i don't have to race the computer! 🙂

where and how do you get the pellet upgrade on the race track?

Requires Blue Gun. Just go as far up as you can.

@pisketch, on Dec 25 2006, 06:54 PM, said in Best time on Racetrack:

Requires Blue Gun. Just go as far up as you can.

What do you mean by that? Do you have to go to the top of the map to get it?

Yeah. It also require missiles.

Ok. I got it.

@indigo, on Dec 22 2006, 05:39 PM, said in Best time on Racetrack:

not bad. nice time 🙂 i can't get below 41 secs...

The first few tries it took me over a minute. Then I figured out it was the proximity mines and the turrets toward the end of the race that slowed me way down. If you go in, like someone above mentioned, with yellow pellet gun constantly firing, you can get a decent time. And take advantage of the slippery blue arrows. My final and best time was 38 seconds.

Question: Do I need to actually race to get the pellet upgrade?

@callide, on Jan 2 2007, 02:23 AM, said in Best time on Racetrack:

Question: Do I need to actually race to get the pellet upgrade?

No. The super pellet upgrade is on the racetrack, but you don't need to complete the race in under 40 seconds to get it. I have never actually managed to complete the race that quickly and still get the upgrade, though I think it might be possible if you have enough sheilds to just run through the mines 🙂

xander

Thanks, I went back and realized I already had that weap. ^_^

And, when I ran the race I didn't have any upgrades to rely on shields alone.

@darwinian, on Jan 2 2007, 06:38 AM, said in Best time on Racetrack:

No. The super pellet upgrade is on the racetrack, but you don't need to complete the race in under 40 seconds to get it. I have never actually managed to complete the race that quickly and still get the upgrade, though I think it might be possible if you have enough sheilds to just run through the mines 🙂

xander

It's possible to run through the mines, stay, or nearly ram, the wall on the left and survive that way. That's even possible with fewer than 100% shields. 🙂

@freq245, on Jan 2 2007, 03:33 PM, said in Best time on Racetrack:

It's possible to run through the mines, stay, or nearly ram, the wall on the left and survive that way. That's even possible with fewer than 100% shields. 🙂

I'm not talking about the nuclear mines. I use that trick all the time. I am talking about the three normal mines in the southern part of the race.

xander