Two Questions

1. The Crab boss. I can't figure him out. My inkling is that you have to shoot at it when it's crab arm swings out, but I suck at that (read: instant death)

2. Missles. I can't shoot them or find them?

Thanks for any advice.

1. Your inkling is correct. A classic arcade-game boss: only vulnerable when he's firing stuff at you.

2. I think you're find that out shortly.

The Journalist! The same Journalist of Redline fame?

You see, I am secretly Hats.

I miss your wild and crazy Porsche days...

Yeah, I still play Redline...I hadn't much for the past two weeks...busy...

Fame? I'm famous?

I beat the crab boss by hiding behind the bump next to the entry to the boss and shooting in a certain spot where its head goes from there.

Try to keep firing at his head, don't stop, and only move backwards. This often helps me beating it.

Argh. Whenever I get to him, I enter his room, I have 2 seconds to enter, I'm bearly in, he swings his arms instent death Any advise? I don't even have time to shoot. I can't get in back of him.

Stay next to the door. If you go too far into the room he'll kill you.

@firefalcon, on Dec 4 2006, 01:58 PM, said in Two Questions:

Argh. Whenever I get to him, I enter his room, I have 2 seconds to enter, I'm bearly in, he swings his arms instent death Any advise? I don't even have time to shoot. I can't get in back of him.

As gray_shirt_ninja said, stay near the doorway and he won't be able to get you with his arm (though his guns do hurt if you can't avoid them).
When he backs up, quickly duck into the main area then back up into the doorway and it will mess up his gun aim for a while, you can take a few potshots while he's trying to shoot.

@the-journalist, on Dec 3 2006, 01:52 AM, said in Two Questions:

1. Your inkling is correct. A classic arcade-game boss: only vulnerable when he's firing stuff at you.

2. I think you're find that out shortly.

If I remember right, I just kind of hung back and kept firing like mad. Your pellets keep going for a bit even when you can't see them, and will register hits even offscreen. Tedious, but safer, and (eventually) effective.

--Cris

@xaerock, on Dec 3 2006, 02:08 AM, said in Two Questions:

I beat the crab boss by hiding behind the bump next to the entry to the boss and shooting in a certain spot where its head goes from there.

Now I see I'm not the only one to do that...

@firefalcon, on Jan 9 2007, 07:18 PM, said in Two Questions:

Now I see I'm not the only one to do that...

Me too - I thought there must be a faster way though, as I often take 'too long' top beat him compared to the mad times in the high scores. I'd be interested to hear how long it takes xander to beat him.

As a general hint (for attacking anything early on before you get more exciting guns) you can cluster you pellets by moving forward as you fire. If you time it right, you can get a load of shots in on an enemy at once this way (but then back out quickly to avoid the instant death problem)

@"The Journalist" - did you ever play pop-pop - I'm sure I vaguely remember someone playing by that name many moons ago (before it all went dead and I gave up)?

@crono, on Jan 10 2007, 12:46 AM, said in Two Questions:

Me too - I thought there must be a faster way though, as I often take 'too long' top beat him compared to the mad times in the high scores. I'd be interested to hear how long it takes xander to beat him.

It takes around 15 seconds by flying behind it right after entering the room and shoot everything you have at its weak point. 🙂

@freq245, on Jan 10 2007, 04:57 PM, said in Two Questions:

It takes around 15 seconds by flying behind it right after entering the room and shoot everything you have at its weak point. 🙂

You're going to have to explain that one to me... it generally takes me at least 25 seconds, by shooting at the weak point from the front. He is invulnerable from behind, unless I am missing something important...

xander

@darwinian, on Jan 10 2007, 06:31 PM, said in Two Questions:

You're going to have to explain that one to me... it generally takes me at least 25 seconds, by shooting at the weak point from the front. He is invulnerable from behind, unless I am missing something important...

xander

Ah, I'm really sorry, I thought about the wrong boss. Too excited about the legenderay iPhone.

@freq245, on Jan 10 2007, 06:46 PM, said in Two Questions:

Ah, I'm really sorry, I thought about the wrong boss. Too excited about the legenderay iPhone.

Ah. Okay. Skull Tank, right?

Oh, I just beat his time, but I am currently at work, and away from an internet connection for my lappy, so I won't be able to post it until I get home 🙂

xander