So, what can you do unregistered

the topic says it all.

That says it all. I just want to know what I can and can't do in Sketchfigher unregistered. I want to do all I can unregistered before I buy the game.

Well, you can still play Multiplayer, but you can't get to the Volcano Tank Boss without registering. So the only levels availiable is Wasteland, Volcano, and maybe Factory.

I was thinking more in terms of "what items can you get unregistered."

sorry for the confusion.

When you're unregistered you cannot reach the Factory Boss, so it means you can get the red gun, the beam gun, the first missile pack, the double shields upgrade, and that's it. You can access the whole Wasteland, half the Volcano, the Racetrack, and a small part of the Factory.

Well, you can check out the race track from the Wasteland, because that is an extra item that can make your life easier, although I haven't done that yet. And just some Wasteland items, and volcano items. Mostly missiles, and different color pellets.

the beam gun?

that's the only one of that list I don't have. Time to go exploring.

Not sure if this was implied or stated, but you have access to the 5x missiles and the 10x missile upgrade — one after defeating the boss and the other you can find on the same level — it takes patience, but you can fly against those repulsors.

I bind myself not to say what you can but aren't supposed to be able to.

kauthor edit- 5x, yes for sure for unregistered, 10x-well, I say nothing.

@3dd13, on Dec 18 2006, 10:13 PM, said in So, what can you do unregistered:

the beam gun?

that's the only one of that list I don't have. Time to go exploring.

While you can get it unregistered, it is much easier to get by registering and taking on the first 'register required' boss first. Then you don't have to worry about the damage you take arriving at the fight to get it... (And that's as much of a hint as I'm giving.)

@silverline, on Dec 18 2006, 11:17 PM, said in So, what can you do unregistered:

Not sure if this was implied or stated, but you have access to the 5x missiles and the 10x missile upgrade — one after defeating the boss and the other you can find on the same level — it takes patience, but you can fly against those repulsors.

I bind myself not to say what you can but aren't supposed to be able to.

kauthor edit- 5x, yes for sure for unregistered, 10x-well, I say nothing.

You're not supposed to do so yet, only the third ship is supposed to be able to go against force fields. It's going to have to be fixed.

@zacha-pedro, on Dec 19 2006, 09:49 AM, said in So, what can you do unregistered:

You're not supposed to do so yet, only the third ship is supposed to be able to go against force fields. It's going to have to be fixed.

But congrats anyway, we (the beta team) weren't able to manage to do this for several months now.

I think it's to do with the refresh rate thing... if you put up the nice level on SF, it slows down, therefore less collision detection, and you can go against the forcefields.

@prophile, on Dec 19 2006, 07:46 AM, said in So, what can you do unregistered:

I think it's to do with the refresh rate thing... if you put up the nice level on SF, it slows down, therefore less collision detection, and you can go against the forcefields.

This should be fixed in the upcoming patch.

@danielstaal, on Dec 18 2006, 08:56 PM, said in So, what can you do unregistered:

While you can get it unregistered, it is much easier to get by registering and taking on the first 'register required' boss first. Then you don't have to worry about the damage you take arriving at the fight to get it... (And that's as much of a hint as I'm giving.)

Only if you're playing for time. Otherwise, you can turn around and go save and heal your pilot after getting the beam gun.

@prophile, on Dec 19 2006, 10:46 AM, said in So, what can you do unregistered:

One time, my computer was running very slowly, so I was able to fly right through walls and such — not much control, and the enemies were able to follow, so not very useful.

It's similar to the method that can be used to jump through levels ŕ la Nova.

For what it's worth, I was really frustrated that the missiles were right there , and then I realised that I would slowly push against them. Just say it's a feature, not a bug (that's what I thought, anyway).
or
You forgot to tell me I wasn't supposed to be able to get them 😉

Is it possible to edit the main game at all (once registered)?

@guy, on Dec 21 2006, 12:19 PM, said in So, what can you do unregistered:

Is it possible to edit the main game at all (once registered)?

I think it is possible to change the game sprites with some hacking, look in this topic for more information.

@freq245, on Dec 22 2006, 04:16 AM, said in So, what can you do unregistered:

I think it is possible to change the game sprites with some hacking, look in this topic for more information.

Hrm, the lack of practical custom graphics support is disappointing but I was thinking more about the actual maps and stuff used in the main game - can they be edited with the editor like any other custom map?

@andcarne, on Dec 20 2006, 01:16 PM, said in So, what can you do unregistered:

This should be fixed in the upcoming patch.

Well I don't have problems with it running slowly enough to go against force fields but found I was able to get that extra missile upgrade all the same :). Your ship can hold its position against the force field but if you angle it slightly towards the wall then every time you bounce off the wall you go forwards a tiny amount and can eventually reach the upgrade.

This post has been edited by Guy : 21 December 2006 - 08:31 PM