Custom Missions?

Anything in the works?

So...I beat the single player a couple of times, and I've enjoyed it immensely. But, I have a fairly crappy internet connection at school, so...

Is anyone working on some new custom missions? Is the creation engine even robust enough to create decent maps and missions?

It's definetely robust enough to allow you creating big maps. I still have got an uncompleted SkecthFighter map on my desktop, maybe I'll work on it within the next weeks.

I advise you to check out the Sketchfighter add-on files for your custom maps fix. And there are surely more to come...

I uploaded a small "reach the goal" map a couple of days ago. It's tolerable. Due to the slowness of getting onto the add-ons page, I've already completed the next version of it <_< I've now turned my attention to something bigger.

When finals are done, I'll have more time to do stuff and then we shall see...

Excellent. I feel the finals pain, I've got 4 in the next two days.

I was thinking I'd try something out too, but I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't kidding myself thinking there'd be a decently strong map/mod community.

So...If I may ask, what are you all thinking for your designs?

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Dec 10 2006, 07:54 AM, said in Custom Missions?:

Due to the slowness of getting onto the add-ons page, I've already completed the next version of it

This should be resolved in the next few days. The people who should have had access to the add-ons file uploads don't right now, so it takes a long time for anything to get through. (Since someone who works for ASW has to take care of it at the moment.)

Yay! My first map is up. Go check it out. I've already identified and fixed a couple of things.

Quick Q; Has anyone figured out if we can rotate maps like in the forest? There's crazy potential there...

This is probably the wrong topic for this, but could map makers add a word to their map description indicating whether the map they made is "multiplayer" or "singleplayer"? (that is, assuming you can make multiplayer maps - my campus doesn't allow me to test out the multiplayer game features so I don't know)

@jason-carr, on Dec 10 2006, 11:55 AM, said in Custom Missions?:

I was thinking I'd try something out too, but I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't kidding myself thinking there'd be a decently strong map/mod community.

Well, its been a little over a week since release (and in the middle of finals for a lot of people), so I wasn't expecting too much this early. That said, it would be interesting to see some custom campaigns up there.

@jason-carr, on Dec 11 2006, 04:00 PM, said in Custom Missions?:

Quick Q; Has anyone figured out if we can rotate maps like in the forest? There's crazy potential there...

Use a trigger that's named "Spin". It's in the manuel.

@avatara, on Dec 11 2006, 10:21 PM, said in Custom Missions?:

This is probably the wrong topic for this, but could map makers add a word to their map description indicating whether the map they made is "multiplayer" or "singleplayer"? (that is, assuming you can make multiplayer maps - my campus doesn't allow me to test out the multiplayer game features so I don't know)

You can't make multiplayer custom maps. 😞

I've made a little map, which I'll probably get around to posting at some point. Not all that great though...

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Dec 10 2006, 04:54 PM, said in Custom Missions?:

I uploaded a small "reach the goal" map a couple of days ago. It's tolerable. Due to the slowness of getting onto the add-ons page, I've already completed the next version of it <_< I've now turned my attention to something bigger.

I have finished the "red mission" in 1:40 min ^_^

I have a very large map in the works, although it would probably be finished alot sooner if I didn't have to lay out all those background tiles. Is there any way around that, and/or plans to make that easier?

(Yes, I know about the download in the add-ons section, but it doesn't help me unless there's a way to move large numbers of objects from one map file to another, since I've already done most of the layout for my map...)

@distant, on Dec 11 2006, 09:29 PM, said in Custom Missions?:

I have finished the "red mission" in 1:40 min ^_^

Nice. But version 1.1 of my map will fix a bug with the mines. They're not supposed to have the script "Tank boss mines". They're supposed to be "Mines". Also I've made the forest area a bit harder to survive.