Red dot question

how???

on the second level (the volcano) how do you get past the lower "sea" of red dots? I try to run through them, but I keep dying.

any hints?

You aren't supposed to run through them yet. Have a look for something which can't be found in Volcano but which can protect you to the dangerous dots. 🙂 Maybe you'll have to register to find your way...

this seems to be a popular question 🙂

ah, registration. the bane of all progress. (not really.)

well, I guess I'll have to register.

To be clear, the registration will not make you magically able to cross the lava, it unlocks stuff somewhere else that will get you something that will eventually allow you to cross the lava.

oh, I know.

And that's lava?

We usually refer to them as lava particles. And my previous post was mostly for other people who might not read your post just above the right way.

Thanks zacha I was wondering why I could progress no further. Now I know that I need to register.
🙂

The end of all unregistered progress IS marked with an impassable forcefield and the words "UNREGISTERED CUTOFF," it shouldn't be hard to figure out the need to register at that point.

I hadnt actually reached there yet, but I have now. I was referring to the fact that you cannot move around easily in the lava and i assume what ZP means about registering means that that 'unregistered cant pass' forecfield will disappear and allow you to get the item he was talking about. Seeing as i hadnt found any obvious 'not registered cant pass' point at that time I assumed that i would need to register and that would unlock something but i had no idea what. Thanks for your concern 😛

@3dd13, on Dec 2 2006, 10:01 AM, said in Red dot question:

on the second level (the volcano) how do you get past the lower "sea" of red dots? I try to run through them, but I keep dying.

any hints?

until i got the required upgrade i just dodged them, they move around in clumps.

@edwin-, on Dec 4 2006, 07:16 PM, said in Red dot question:

until i got the required upgrade i just dodged them, they move around in clumps.

But it's not possible to get that required upgrade before registering. 🙂

@freq245, on Dec 4 2006, 10:21 AM, said in Red dot question:

But it's not possible to get that required upgrade before registering. 🙂

well, having registered......

Mack, some people do dodges the red dot, but keep in mind the shield upgrade for the race track....

Woah is that the upgrade that allows you through the dots. Guess that would make sense seeing as it doubles your health. BUt you dont need to be registered to get that upgrade. You just beat the race track.

No. That is not the upgrade that lets you through the red field. The upgrade for that is securely tucked behind a registration only barrier in a different zone. It specifically tells you that it lets you through the lava, so you'll know when you've got it.

Damn. :laugh: Well it wasnt being very effective so im glad there is another solution. Thanks 🙂

Ugh. Lava. By far the hardest part of the game for me was the beam powerup guardian, since in retrospect, I probably should have gotten the 2x shield before getting the beam. 😛 hopes that wins him some sort of idiot's street cred It's so good to hear something comes up later to negate lava. :laugh:

@weepul-884, on Dec 6 2006, 07:02 PM, said in Red dot question:

Ugh. Lava. By far the hardest part of the game for me was the beam powerup guardian, since in retrospect, I probably should have gotten the 2x shield before getting the beam. 😛 hopes that wins him some sort of idiot's street cred It's so good to hear something comes up later to negate lava. :laugh:

It's always possible to ignore the mines and the guardian. 🙂

@freq245, on Dec 6 2006, 09:26 AM, said in Red dot question:

It's always possible to ignore the mines and the guardian. 🙂

OK, now I'm confused. I'm talking about the shielded bug findable in the volcano in the unregistered version, which opens a door when killed, and how hard it was to get to and back from the area through the lava with only 1x shield (and a few powerups from the semiboss.)