Ares Chronicles: The Slice, Conclusion (By Cicion)

It is a saying among the Phylydion that at any given moment you know a Pure Taeskor isn't out to kill you because you aren't already dead. Cicion now had found an exception to this saying, because the Phylydion male that was attacking him quite obviously wanted to kill him, and quite obviously was a Pure Taeskor. The hand-to-hand battle raged around the street. The other Taeskor had now drawn his dagger as well. Cicion hit a button on his belt without the other Phylydion seeing. The Taeskor, with all of his concentration focused on killing Cicion, didn't notice the Ice Blade come up behind him on autopilot and open fire. In moments, the Taeskor was ash. Cicion recalled that only 10 Pure Taeskors had ever been killed in combat. He quickly enetered his ship, cloaked, and blasted up into the atmosphere. As he flew away from the planet, he tried to settle his mind. Now he remembered some of his history. More than three hundred years ago a rebellion was started on a large Phylydion colony. The rebellion was quelled, but several hundred people got away in a fairly good-sized fleet. They had fled the galaxy and were never heard from again. At least twenty of those who got away were Taeskors. It was quite possible that a few of them were Pure Taeskors. Cicion had recalled seeing ancient Phylydion looking ships as he came in, but he had dismissed them. These former rebels must have been adding to their forces and tech over these three hundred years, and now they were using it. They probably caused a disturbance of some sort, some trick, which drew the main force of the Nijayias navy. It had probably been a trap. If the Nijayias ships had survived, the crime syndicates were probably beefing up defenses for their return. Chances are the former Phylydion rebels made a deal with the Nijayias criminals so that they could use the Nijayias empire to get back at the Phylydion Stellar Imperium. As soon as Cicion was far enough out to feel safe, he transmitted a message to the High Octicon, informing them of all he knew. Within days, cloaked Phylydion fleets were sent to the outer regions, the part of the Nijayias Empire not yet conquered by the syndicates, to augment the remaining Nijayias forces and make sure the entire Nijayias Empire was not engulfed by this new threat.

Very interesting. I can see expansions on the plot already.

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

That actually left a bad taste in my mouth.

I really hate to say this but it seems like an excercise in ego gratification more than anything else.

Exactly my words, Newt.

That sucked.

------------------
Last night, I played a blank tape at full blast.
The mime next door went nuts.

It's got a good background plot, that I'll give... The only thing I'm worried about is whether it really counts as 'Ares' Fiction since it deals only with two non-Lamont races...

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

I didn't like that at all.

Please refrain from clogging the server with this kind of garbage-juice.

Piiiiyuuu!!
ech!

Just out of curiosity, has Cicion EVER responded to any sort of confrontation?

That was bad, Matthew. I expected better.

I agree with rebel . that story was soooo bad

I did not enjoy that

Great attempt to promote yourself and satisfy your ego...

------------------
World War 1 was fought with Machine Guns and Cannons.
World War 2 was fought with bombs and missiles.
I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but it will be so terrible that
World War 4 will be fought with stone clubs.

Steven Hawkings,
-A Brief History of Time

Just because I get to be the main character and I get to single-handedly beat up some people, you think this entire story is an ego thing. Sheesh. The only point of this story was to explian Darkk's absense. I chose a way to explain it.

------------------
-Traek Cicion of the Taeskor

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

How nice.
I still sucks though.

------------------
World War 1 was fought with Machine Guns and Cannons.
World War 2 was fought with bombs and missiles.
I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but it will be so terrible that
World War 4 will be fought with stone clubs.

Steven Hawkings,
-A Brief History of Time

Just crap

I like it.
I'm glad Cicion did such a good job of it.

------------------
Me: You ******* IDIOTS!! That planet was INHABITED!!!
Them: Ooops
Me: Let's resume this disscussion at the admiralty court near airlock 13.
(immediatly following the first disrupter missle test)