The Officer's Club Bar

yep...

------------------
Sorry about your starship, Captain ga'Krüg, but as we say on Earth :
'C'est la vie'!

-Admiral Williams,
Shortly after the defeat of the 3rd Gaitori fleet.

:redface: :frown:nobody seems to appreciate my live performance i just gave you all :frown: :redface:

Jimmy Page walks out of the bar feeling very sad

------------------
ramble on..

I changed my quote!

------------------
Would you like to ride on your own ass?
-Advertisement for donkey rides in Thailand

Jane suddenly found herself perplexed by what she was sensing. She quickly realized the false sword she had recovered was a mere disguise that Sundered Angel had made and that he was in serious trouble. Leaving her drink on the counter, Jane rushed to her craft. Activating the neural interface, Jane guided the ship out of the atmosphere and raced the ship across the galaxy.

In the meantime, the crowd in the bar began to clamor at the young cadet seated in front of Rawc. Rawc bellowed out a laugh full of gusto and lightheartedness as he proceeded to stand up and congratualate himself on winning another drinking contest. "I'll drink till I got at'a least one of you bet'n me." saying in his scottish accent. Immediately, the crowd began to escalate their wagers and pick out a new contestant. Then, a thought struck him. His commander wasn't drinking at the bar anymore, and she'd left him without notice. He growned and fell down on his chair in a daze. Suddenly, drinking so much wasn't such a hot idea with him anymore.

------------------
No Guts, No Glory.

As Bob walks in the bar he notices there aren't very many people here, he steps up to the bar, "give me something nonalcoholic, how about a Kanthern Jolt." After getting his drink he asks the bartender, “what is this junk we’re listening to?” the bartender replies “this I believe is a human band called ‘Some Totally Unbearable Peabrains In Drunken Stupors” a.k.a. ‘ The S.T.U.P.I.D.S.’” "Well..." says Bob. "That could explain it.”

You want better music, eh? *Taps his console and a band walks in, with a singer. The band starts up and the singer starts into "How High The Moon".

------------------
Commander Cicion, commander of Phylydion Primary Armada

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

A large group of Ishiman Dancers walks into the bar, accompanied by a Gaitori Band and a Bazidan Singer
1-2-3-4!

_YEEEEHAAWWW!!!!🆒

Dic-a-de-ba-doo-be-do-do,
Dee-ba-du-be-do!_

Drum solo 😄

Du-be du-be du du be-da
Yekki-ekki dubble-de
yaeeeee!!!

Singer emits an evil laugh and starts all over again 😄

Yessir! Let the dancing (url="http://"http://www.hampsterdance2.com/hampsterdance2")begin(/url)!!!

everyone starts getting irritated after the 132nd time the song is sung

-Slug

------------------

The song didn't get a chance to be sung that many times because Cicion threw them all out. The jazz band resumes with "Paper Moon". That is good music. 30's-50's jazz. Some of the, if not the, greatest music America has ever produced.

------------------

-Han Solo

Walks in looking slightly perturbed, an expression which changes instantly to surprise when he sees Cicion.

"You certainly got back here fast. Has Sundered Angel shown up at all? I need to have a few words with him." soaks in the surroundings for a moment "Nice musical taste. Got any Miles Davis? Actually before you do that, could you fix me a Callisto Kamekazi, I need to unwind. The Bazidan have decided to establish trade with the Salrilians again and insisted on 'a neutral location with decent entertainment.' I hope you don't mind me selecting your bar, it should bring in a lot of business. But anyway, the delegates should be here in a few days. My newest Fleet Admiral, Verad, will be showing up too. But his coming has more to do with you than the delegates."

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

Hands Sargatanus the Kamikaze. About me, eh? Hmm. Sounds interesting. Roguish grin flashes across face. Say, have you seen old Darky lately? I wonder where he went to? *The singer starts into "Mack the Knife", a great jazz classic, dear.

(The "dear" at the end of that last sentence was a joke, and anyone who hasn't heard that song wouldn't get it.)

------------------

-Han Solo

Staggers in drunk, knocking over all the furniture
an' I hav a hic Saalium Bwandee hic
Passes out on the floor Hey! a Pretzel!

------------------

Rawc steps over Slug with astonishment "I thought get'n drunk was my bussiness." After the scott made his way over to a suitable table, Jane comes in with a smile on her face. "How's the Dragon's Breath this year?" She asks as she sits in front of Cicion. Putting her elbows on the counter, Jane suddenly realized her pad was still sitting there from before she had left, as was her drink. "Mabey I'll stick to this." Giving off a small chagrin, Jane picked up her pad and continued sifting through status reports.

------------------
No Guts, No Glory.

Gradually the patrons of the bar notice Sundered Angel standing in the shadows. He seems to have been there for quite some time, watching unnoticed. Then he walks out of the shadows and sits at his normal place as if nothing had ever taken him away.

Another Devil's Breath, if you would be so good, Cicion.

Sits back and sips at it, watching Sargantanus and Jane in particular.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

(Angel: I had a pretty good script out for the rest of the story, but I geuss it's for the best that you locked it down. I'll see about putting it in the chronicles.)

------------------
No Guts, No Glory.

Tosses Angel a D's B, and Jane the drink she requested. Well, I have an announcement, folks. I have been assigned to take the Radiant Flare deep into Audemedon space and check up on our latest sent infiltrator and controller. I am going to replace him for a short time. I'm not going to enter an Aud body again, but will be an emmisary bringing Phylydion technology to the Auds. After that, I will secure our control over them. The High Octicon has been training me to be a Taeskor, the top Phylydion elite troops, for several months. I will be granted my Taeskorship if I successfully complete this mission.Turns back to the bar. In fact, my training is a series of real looking situations that can occur at any-His speech is interrupted by an assassin droid speeding into the bar and firing three shots at Cicion. He whips around and deflects each one with a knife he has drawn from a sheath in his sleeve. The droid fires another shot and Cicion jumps and flips over the bar. He runs at the droid with blinding speed such that a rapid thump-thump sound should be reverberating, but isn't. He runs completely silently. As he runs at the droid, it swings its sword arm at him. He ducks and slices the arm off. It turns around to face him, swinging its other arms. He ducks under and jumps over them, slicing them off one at a time. He crouches and jumps high over the droid's head. It fires multiple shots at him, which he twists to avoid. He lands, spins and slices the droid's head off with the knife. He walks back behind the bar.-time. It's rather fun, really.A sevice robot walks in and cleans up the mess. The band starts up and the singer starts into "Orange Colored Sky".

------------------

-Han Solo

As long as I am Haruspex the Audemedons will not be a problem to you. But know this: they are under the soverignty of the Prophits of Salril (brilliant idea to discuss that in front of me by the way) and if you try to start some kind of incursion/insurrection/etc. you will encounter heavy resistence. But please don't take this the wrong way. It is not a threat.

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

Oh, we're not going to start a rebellion or anything. We just want to make sure thay our control over them is secure in case they ever fight us.

------------------

-Han Solo

walks over to Cicion If you need any help me and my squadron would be glad to assist.

No, our plan is to avoid any fighting, and the Flare's Omni-space engine will allow it to escape enemies if we encounter them.

------------------

-Han Solo

No, no, you don't quite get it.

1. Why do you want to control the Audemedons anyway? The only practicle reason would be for military power, which wouldn't sit well with a lot of galactic powers.

2. The Auds make up a large portion of the Salrilian workforce. With the Ring still under construction, and a whole slew of new ships to produce, I'll need all the workpower and means of production that I can get. And as I said, they are under Salrilian soverignty and I'll be damned if I let such an important part of my economy and military slip away like that.

------------------