Open Source TC

Well, if I may, I have a few suggestions (with good/neutral/evil standings, respectively):

Religious Monarchy

The Terran Crusade (good/neutral/evil)
The Terran Inquisition (evil, mainly)
The Terran Illuminati (Intended for good, but possibly evil)

Freedom Republic

Galactic Liberation Army (good/neutral/evil (yes, it is a blatant rip from Generals, sue me))
The Terran Insurgency (evil)
The Order of Freedom (Good)
Humanity Liberation Front (Neutral)

Warrior Society
The Valarans (good/neutral/evil)
The Oppressari (evil, play on "oppressed," which adequately describes their actions, using slave labor)
The Valhallans (good/neutral)
The Jura (Neutral)

Hope this helps.

well if anything not UE (United Earth).

digs up some names

Hymeri Order
Leetan Confederacy
Terran Interstellar Union
Aelorite Commonality
Western Galactic Economic Bloc
Free Trader's Dominion
The Hegemony

@-visitor-, on Nov 26 2008, 11:26 AM, said in Open Source TC:

The Hegemony

Hyperion ftw.

@-visitor-, on Nov 26 2008, 10:26 AM, said in Open Source TC:

Leetan Confederacy

Obviously they would have the most 1337 technology?

@joshtigerheart, on Nov 20 2008, 11:31 PM, said in Open Source TC:

I assume, unlike Nova, Mission Computer is good buddies with Intel, no?

Yes, MissionComputer 4 is Intel-native – I've been on a Mac Pro myself since March – and even the older versions don't seem to have any trouble running in Rosetta.

I'm going to hold off any further work on this until classes are finished for me. From a technical aspect, I can work on the project without worry about computer troubles again. However, as with everyone in college or school, Real Life™ is dropping by for visit for the end of the semester.

This, of course, excludes any spontaneous ideas that may suddenly come to mind. Those I'll share anyway.

Purely out of curiosity, from our submissions of government ideas, what ones are under consideration, JTH?

Since I can't read everyone's minds, I don't know.

I was going to add a system for the Freedom Republic, but never got to complete those plans.

As for the Christmas break, that's pretty much the only time I can get anything done. I should probably devote that time to my neglected CTC-C, though. I'll release the planets I have and you guys can pick up off those.

@jacabyte, on Dec 1 2008, 04:12 PM, said in Open Source TC:

I should probably devote that time to my neglected CTC-C, though.

Indeed. I'd like to see how that turns out. I was a little worried you'd dropped it.

Sorry I haven't gotten anything new up, guys. My computer is down right now, so I can't do any work. It's being fixed, and I have backups of the data, but can't open the files to work on them. It'll be back soon.

@jacabyte, on Dec 1 2008, 03:12 PM, said in Open Source TC:

As for the Christmas break, that's pretty much the only time I can get anything done. I should probably devote that time to my neglected CTC-C, though.

I whole heartedly agree.

While I have been happily working away on AE and my personal TC nothing seems to be getting done. What's up?

Everybody else has projects of their own, and/or little or no inspiration and no access to the internet. I'm thinking the best idea for me would be to devote all my time to CTC-C (as much as I can) and after I'm done, flip a coin between CTC-M (I've been thinking about this one lately) and OSTC to see what I should work on next. I figure 50/50 is pretty good odds for this kind of project, and odds are they'll both take just as long to complete.

Presently focusing on Real Life™. I should be able to return to work on this in two weeks. Darn exams.

I've got my computer back, so I have complete access to all of my files now. I'll start working on them again tomorrow.

Someone cleared out all of the files at some point today. I restored them all, except for the folder "Deletables". Only took about ten clicks at most. Apparently, some troll or vandal likes us.

Also, to answer your question you asked in your log, Geek, there's things you can do. Nobody is assigned a particular job, so make whatever it is you're good at. Planets, weapons, ships, whatever. You can do parts of the resource group by themselves, like planet descriptions, but it'd be best if when you make a resource, you do all related resources you are able to do. Also, don't edit the version control files directly.

Is a password change in store? I'm thinking we should give the active developers and donaters the password and then, if anybody else is interested, have them PM one of the devs/donaters for the password. I know it's not as easy as having a dead obvious clue for the password, but apparently someone wants to cause trouble.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 16 December 2008 - 08:44 PM

If it happens again, then I'll likely do that. I was thinking about it after the files were wiped. I'm not concerned if they try to wipe the files again. Restoring them isn't anywhere near a hassle or time consuming. And if they manage to wipe all back-ups, I have all the files back-up on my computer and in a few instances in Time Machine.