The Fate of Aftermath

thanks. They'll be a great help.

@the-apple-c-re, on Jul 7 2007, 06:19 AM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

How close was it to completion, anyway?

On storylines:

We had around 7 major storylines, each of which was to be pretty big compared to the storylines of Nova. One of those was mostly implemented in game, and two or three more had a significant amount written and planed out, with some of that implemented in game. Each major storyline was also to include several minor storylines but not very many of those were done or even planed out.

On graphics:

We had ships done (more or less) for 5 groups, the Neo Federation, the Vell-os, The United Anti-Pirate Association, the Atlantean, and the Kelnarlyos. The new Auroran ships were in progress with a new fighter or two pretty far along and a new Carrier also coming along nicely. We knew which direction we wanted to go with the Polaris but never got a ship done, and we had a pretty good idea on how we wanted the ships of the Shard to look but never had concept art or actual work done there.

A whole lot of new spob pics were done, but I don't remember if there were more to do or not, and most of the base landing pics were done but we had always wanted to add buildings and ships and other interesting things to the pretty Terragen scenes.

@ph03n1x, on Jul 6 2007, 05:53 AM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

Bryce 5.5 has been released for free and now works on Intel Macs, so I'm back in business

Really? Where can one get it?

@mrxak, on Jul 8 2007, 06:08 AM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

Really? Where can one get it?

http://www.download....9.html?tag=dl.1

There ya go. You end up having to install another piece of Daz software though. Not sure what the heck it is, but it doesn't take up much space.

Can you give more info on 'now works on Intel Macs'?

@guy, on Jul 8 2007, 09:50 AM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

Can you give more info on 'now works on Intel Macs'?

Check your PMs

You don't have to install the other software, well you don't for Bryce 6.1. ( which I love btw ) πŸ˜›

Sorry to hear about Aftermath---I was really looking forward to seeing it. But, I guess it was just too complex to finish in the end. I (still) can't wait to see those Vell-os ships and stations. I have kept the "Pic of the Week" of the Llyrella system for almost a year now, waiting for the plugin. Guess I'm just weird like that.

Best Regards,
Flurrie

EDIT: Would anyone mind me using those ships, stations and outfits (Vell-os) if they become public? I need them for a plugin of my own, and this would make my life much easier.

Thanks,
Flurrie

This post has been edited by Flurrie : 08 July 2007 - 04:39 PM

Is there any way we could get any of those ship graphics from the Federation and Vell-os? I saw Vell-os capital ships on the Aftermath Screenshots on the website, and I was wondering if any of those are still in existence.

According to the last bit of information I have you'll need to contact Zombat about obtaining and using the Vell-os and Neo Federation ships.

Thank you, Ragashingo. I will contact Zombat when I get around to it.

Flurrie

Hey guys. Working with the Aftermath team was grand and I'm quite happy I was able to be a part of it. It was, however, unfortunate for me and for the team that my work was a bit further behind the productivity curve than the average. -_- Lots of ideas for Sigma that I still think are downright spiffy were fleshed out, in terms of ships, weapons, and graphics; for those curious, I'm still interested in finishing them off sometime, albeit at my free-time-project standard "when I get around to them".

Cheers.

P.S. Hudson, I don't think Safari likes your thumbnail-dump pages. :huh:

They work fine on Safari for me. Every once in a while some of the images at the bottom overlap themselves, but I just let the page load all of the way and then refresh the page.

Being on the team for ... a very long time I'm pretty sorry to see this ended.

We had a dream team of Writers, Artists and a great leader.
At one point, I think we had all of the all-stars from the original EV Image Gallery, Onyx, Weepul, Skyblade, Ragashingo ... but alas, college and real life hit me pretty hard. and though I tried, the time and dedication required to make models and scenes on a regular basis was just too much for me.

You guys were awesome. I loved the late-night chatrooms filled with brain storming and storyline ideas.

As noted I'm a little hesitant to put all my work online for anyone to use, but if you are interested send me an e-mail and we'll chat. At the moment I'm working 50 hour weeks , but at some point on the weekend I'll try to make up a little website with a cross section like Hudson. For now the closest thing to that is my actual website: http://zombat.rooste...e.com/main.html <-- under computer gen. you can see a medium selection of my work for Aftermath.

I can be best contacted at bhomick@mica.edu

I always wondered why you guys had decided to make a mod in the first place. The team certainly had graphical talent to burn. It seemed to me you could have made a run at a stand alone game, one you could charge for and put on the CV. It might've been easier to stay motivated for a project with more potential for a pay-off in the end.

@bubbles, on Jul 18 2007, 07:38 PM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

I always wondered why you guys had decided to make a mod in the first place. The team certainly had graphical talent to burn. It seemed to me you could have made a run at a stand alone game, one you could charge for and put on the CV. It might've been easier to stay motivated for a project with more potential for a pay-off in the end.

We had considered the idea of something more than freeware at one point. A couple things to consider though:

How pay would be cut ...
specficially:
- Who would get a higher percentage? Consider that no teammember put in the same amount of work, and attempting to figure out who did more work would have been a big yelling mess that would have probably driven us all apart, and if not, there'd be a lot of soreness and the smoothness of our interactions would definitely take a hit.
- Also consider that each one of us live in different parts of the country and world - Hudson's in England, Andcarne in Canada, I'm on the East Coast, a couple members are on the west ... not to mention we'd need additional coders if we decided to make it a new game instead of an expansion pack.
- Also consider that we'd probably have a considerable chunk of any profits made cut aside for ambrosia, then for royalties to ATMOS, then Finally to Matt and the original creators of EV.

What you end up with, is a fairly small amount of money per person, a little incentive, and a whole lot of hassle and arguing, and possibly the end of the team. Not to mention we'd probably have to make sure our work was cleared by Andrew Welch and such, which would probably not be a bad thing, but it might have an effect on our own personal visions for the plugin.

This was an amazing project to work on. I loved working so closely with a group of people, it was a blast. College really got in the way though. I think it's hard to work on a project of this magnitude "just for fun" for so long because it has to take a back burner to other things. And after awhile, it's just habitually on the back burner. I wish we'd been able to complete it. However, I am still amazed by everyone's work. Damn, you all created some awesome graphics. πŸ™‚

I don't know how much of my work Nick and Andy still have, but I guess it'll be available when they release it. I unfortunately no longer have a website, so I can't host my stuff.

I learned so much being a part of Aftermath, and I am very glad I got to be a part of it. I remember when Nick first contacted me about working on the project, and when I heard who was involved it was so exciting to me.

I hope everyone from the team is still doing well! And I hope the rest of you enjoy what gets released. πŸ™‚

Heh Morale still at 75% πŸ˜›

If you are looking for webspace to host some of your stuff, do tell me.
I've known about this sad news for some time now, but it's good you decided to speak of it publicly. Very nice graphics I've seen, and I would have liked to see the Detective Story come alive.
But RealLifeΒ™ has its own importance πŸ˜‰

Wow. Just saw the graphics. Are you ever gonna make these public? I'd love to see what WAS completed. That hypergate rocks.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Jul 25 2007, 10:51 AM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

That hypergate rocks.

Why thank you. πŸ˜‰

As we've said, a lot of our work will eventually be at least shown, if not made available for use. However, I think it's reasonable to say that gathering up our past productions isn't a high priority at the moment.