Making Nova Easy Again

For a decent pilot, Nova's pretty easy. For the beginner, however, it isn't. We all know the tutorial from Barry, but does that really do everything? What I'm looking for is a list of outfits, weapons, and possibly licenses/salaries that you think would've helped you get off the ground easier.

@spartan-jai, on 13 June 2011 - 05:38 PM, said in Making Nova Easy Again:

For a decent pilot, Nova's pretty easy. For the beginner, however, it isn't. We all know the tutorial from Barry, but does that really do everything? What I'm looking for is a list of outfits, weapons, and possibly licenses/salaries that you think would've helped you get off the ground easier.

At this point, I'm pretty sure there aren't enough new players for this to be worthwhile, and that there definitely aren't enough who would ever find the addon you are talking about.

I scarily like your avatar. It's not much for new players, it's to make Nova easier while you get a string, without using a plugin to start the string. I understand that there are probably zero new people playing Nova.

@spartan-jai, on 13 June 2011 - 07:30 PM, said in Making Nova Easy Again:

I scarily like your avatar. It's not much for new players, it's to make Nova easier while you get a string, without using a plugin to start the string. I understand that there are probably zero new people playing Nova.

I don't see how mere lists would help veteran players find strings; these players usually have string pilots saved anyways.

As I understand it, there are still people buying Nova licenses, even after all this time. How many of those people actually know about plug-ins, who knows? I do think a lot of old people still playing simply use online resources and/or cheat plug-ins. I myself, in playing through several storylines recently, quickly made a couple extra outfits and whatnot in a plug-in to help me along, and used the walkthroughs. I don't want to discourage you, by any means, but I agree with oryhara that I don't think it'll benefit that many people. If you still want to do it, just to do it, of course, go ahead.

@mrxak, on 15 June 2011 - 10:00 AM, said in Making Nova Easy Again:

As I understand it, there are still people buying Nova licenses, even after all this time. How many of those people actually know about plug-ins, who knows? I do think a lot of old people still playing simply use online resources and/or cheat plug-ins. I myself, in playing through several storylines recently, quickly made a couple extra outfits and whatnot in a plug-in to help me along, and used the walkthroughs. I don't want to discourage you, by any means, but I agree with oryhara that I don't think it'll benefit that many people. If you still want to do it, just to do it, of course, go ahead.

That's good! However, I have ulterior motives. But that's what I'm trying to do. I have a few, but not a lot, and there's a lot I'm probably missing.