Facing some issues with Holovid

Help requested

Hello there.

The current plug-in I'm developing is set in an alternate reality that has nothing to do with EV Nova's universe. Therefor, the Holovid must be changed in order to make things coherent with what's actually going on.

I have already found and edited str# 8100 for "Commercials" and str# 8101 for "Generic News". Those are now how I want them to appear.
But the problem began when I started getting EV Nova related news adds appearing in-game, in the Generic News' place, and they all started with "Today's Top News:" and the rest of the message EV Nova related. There must be something in the game files triggering this, but I have looked several times and did not find anything.

In an attempt to fix it, I copied all cron resources, as well as most str# News resources (with the objective of "locking" the ID so it wouldn't make the unwanted messages appear in game) into the plug-in and made them empty. Nevertheless, the issue still persists.

I've also looked around this forum, but could not find any information related to my current problem.

If anyone could give me a hand, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by Rebel Klaudyo : 10 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

By any chance, do the Nova-related news reports mention commodity prices changing? E.g. 'raids have increased the price of some such commodity on some such world'. Something like that? If so, that's due to the öops resources. They handle 'disasters' that temporarily raise and lower commodity prices on various worlds, and as far as I know do not require any cröns or STR#s to function. That's the only thing I can think of if you've already eliminated the cröns.

Yes, that's what they report. One of them goes among the lines of "After student pranks, price of Equipment changes somewhere."

Thanks a lot. I think you've got it. 🙂
I'll be fixing it as soon as possible.

Edit: Yep, that was it. 🙂 Seems to be working fine now. Again, thanks a bunch.

This post has been edited by Rebel Klaudyo : 11 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

@darthkev, on 10 April 2011 - 09:24 PM, said in Facing some issues with Holovid:

They handle 'disasters' that temporarily raise and lower commodity prices on various worlds, and as far as I know do not require any cröns . . .

Correct. In fact, they pre-date the crön resource by two games.