Space Opera

Not Vapourware!™

No, the TC isn't called Surprise.

It's Space Opera, a new TC based on nothing in particular. I was working on it myself, to surprise you all, and after realizing that killing myself would be quicker and get the same result, decided that it wasn't going to be possible.

So, I greet you all with some piccies and some story, to see your reaction. BTW, Space Opera is a working title and is subject to input.

General:
Backstory/Summary
The Current State of The Galaxy
Gameplay Differences
Ship Classes
Factions:
Freeport Backstory (and some ships)
Pirate Backstory and Ships
Assorted Ships:
UT32 Diamondsun, Garyuu Interceptor and the Sugetsen Destroyer

This post has been edited by Templar98921 : 21 February 2011 - 04:33 AM

the story looks quite interesting. and i really like the fighter design 😄

Yah, it does look pretty interesting. Mind you, I'd probably be more surprised if it were finished already. 😛

Edit: Incidentally, is the name of the planet meant to be Jericho?

This post has been edited by Belthazar : 29 March 2008 - 09:16 AM

I third these people's opinions. :laugh:

My only gripe is the spelling and grammar: you may need to hire a spell-checker, sir.

Other than that, things look great. I can't wait to see what else you've got, sir. 🙂

@belthazar, on Mar 29 2008, 10:14 PM, said in Space Opera:

Mind you, I'd probably be more surprised if it were finished already. 😛

That was the plan, but it would take forever to do on my own.

@belthazar, on Mar 29 2008, 10:14 PM, said in Space Opera:

Edit: Incidentally, is the name of the planet meant to be Jericho?

No, it was spelt wrong on purpose. As for the rest, well I was up late. I'll fix it.

Nice to see some interest.

EDIT: Stuck some new pictures in the gallery page.

EDIT 2:
What I really need is a writer and someone who is good at doing missions and setting up bits. I can probably handle graphics, though I might need some help later.

This post has been edited by Templar98921 : 30 March 2008 - 01:36 AM

If I weren't busy, I might have offered to write. Sorry. Maybe later.

This post has been edited by Geek : 30 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

You have an interesting plot and your ships remind me of some great plugs for EV. Good luck! Try to keep in mind that a TC is a huge project and don't get duscouraged.

I can help. I have some experience with mission bits and i can write. But i can't spell very well or grammer, i'm no good with grammer.

This post has been edited by of doom : 05 April 2008 - 07:37 PM

@of-doom, on Apr 6 2008, 08:27 AM, said in Space Opera:

I can help. I have some experience with mission bits and i can write. But i can't spell very well or grammer, i'm no good with grammer.

coughgramm a rcough

Thats all right. Normally I can spell and use grammar quite well, so I can probably run over and correct. If you really are interested, I can sign you up.

Two things of import:
1. I lied. I have no 2D skillz what so ever. I'll need help for that.
2. The cat killed my charger for my laptop, which is my main computer. Until I get a new one (charger, not laptop), work will be slowed down.

ok i'm in just tell me when you need some writing or mission bits.
in the backdrop is it saying that your ship has a personality?

This post has been edited by of doom : 06 April 2008 - 08:01 AM

I believe its like an AI and at first I'm guessing it will be like barry and will help. I think you should be able to upgrade said AI and that it will come with you from ship to ship.

I believe the fighters are great, but can we not use the word "Class" repeatedly?

Why? Whats wrong with 'Class'?

Sorry. I did read the rant on the other page, but 'Class' suits my way of thinking.

Apologies.

Hawkman: Dead on. Now, no more content releases.

Yet.

Giggles

holds breath

countinues to hold breath

resuscitates of doom

If I may ask, what is your thoughts behind the name Man´Thor and their Njordhogg corvette, both sound nordic to me so if that's your thoughts I can help you avoid some of the pitfalls of that language (such as naming a ship Njordhogg, which translates into something like "the bite of Njord" which is a bit strange as Njord is the god of seamanship and fishing and not very warlike)

countinues to hold breath despite peko's attempts at saving him

@peko, on Apr 17 2008, 02:12 AM, said in Space Opera:

resuscitates of doom

If I may ask, what is your thoughts behind the name Man´Thor and their Njordhogg corvette, both sound nordic to me so if that's your thoughts I can help you avoid some of the pitfalls of that language (such as naming a ship Njordhogg, which translates into something like "the bite of Njord" which is a bit strange as Njord is the god of seamanship and fishing and not very warlike)

Njordhogg isn't some random dragon?! Oh dear.

Wiki save us all!

Must rename to Nidhogg...

Thank you Peko!

EDIT:
Stop holding your breath of doom. That was so much fun to say.

This post has been edited by Templar98921 : 16 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

@templar98921, on Apr 17 2008, 02:03 AM, said in Space Opera:

Njordhogg isn't some random dragon?! Oh dear.
Wiki save us all!
Must rename to Nidhogg...

Ah, now this is making much more sense.