Mission Computer Bugs

Problems that may hopefully be fixed in future versions

Hi there, Mission Computer is the one-and-only EVN plug-in producer, at least that I know about. I have to say, it is the best I've seen and very easy to use. Unfortunately, there are bugs like most other programs. Everything works perfectly but two things I know of.

The first isn't much of a bug, its probably just me. I happen to have a hard time making ship bays work. I would get it to work the first time then I would screw up the next time. Oh well.

Anyway, the second is a bug. I'm running Snow Leopard (10.6.3) and have Mission Computer 4.0.8. After I have been working far about a few minutes, I usually have a few windows running. When I decide to move a window around, the app crashes and I loose all my data for Mission Computer. Sometimes I would be working for an hour an it would crash like that. I now have to refrain myself from moving the windows, but its hard.
Hopefully the future version of Mission Computer will fix this problem. Thank you all so much. You can email me.

David Arthur's Mission Computer

Attached File Mission_Computer_Logo.png (44.08K)
Number of downloads: 5

For future reference, bugs concerning Mission Computer can be posted in this thread. Also, I think this bug is something that's been reported in the past, and is being worked on.

QUOTE (DarthKev @ Jun 16 2010, 03:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For future reference, bugs concerning Mission Computer can be posted in this thread. Also, I think this bug is something that's been reported in the past, and is being worked on.

Splendid, I will comment on your recommended link. Thanks to you, DarthKev.

QUOTE (Vanta @ Jun 15 2010, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The first isn't much of a bug, its probably just me. I happen to have a hard time making ship bays work. I would get it to work the first time then I would screw up the next time. Oh well.

The set-up is a little bit intricate, but as far as I know MissionComputer is accurately reflecting the format in this respect, and beyond that there's nothing I can do about it. If you post a description of what you're doing, someone can probably tell you what the problem is.

QUOTE (Vanta @ Jun 15 2010, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm running Snow Leopard (10.6.3) and have Mission Computer 4.0.8. After I have been working far about a few minutes, I usually have a few windows running. When I decide to move a window around, the app crashes and I loose all my data for Mission Computer.

I've heard about similar problems with Mac OS 10.6 before. I may have a computer running 10.6 soon, so I'll be able to take a look at the issues myself, but it isn't clear yet how much I will be able to do about them, since it looks like they're happening at the platform level.

QUOTE (David Arthur @ Jun 16 2010, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The set-up is a little bit intricate, but as far as I know MissionComputer is accurately reflecting the format in this respect, and beyond that there's nothing I can do about it. If you post a description of what you're doing, someone can probably tell you what the problem is.

I've heard about similar problems with Mac OS 10.6 before. I may have a computer running 10.6 soon, so I'll be able to take a look at the issues myself, but it isn't clear yet how much I will be able to do about them, since it looks like they're happening at the platform level.

Wonderful, pleased to meet you. I'll look for a topic of make one for the ship bays. And I'll be looking forward to your next update. Thanks. My questions have been answered.

I'm glad you find MissionComputer useful! If you do find that there's an editor bug contributing to your difficulties, then by all means let me know and I'll see if I can fix it for 4.0.9, but I suspect the problem is more the result of the somewhat roundabout way the game engine handles the way that fighter bays are both ships and weapons.