The return of the guy with the Morpheus Leno

Hello, all who remember me! (And hello, all who don't!)

I know this is not really the board to say hello at, per se, but this is the board that I used to hang out the most on when I logged on here and I feel it is an important place to announce my presence.

That said, I would like to ask what the general lay of the land looks like; is anyone still developing, what is being developed, is anyone still playing, and how is it going?

QUOTE (Crusader Alpha @ May 11 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello, all who remember me! (And hello, all who don't!)

I know this is not really the board to say hello at, per se, but this is the board that I used to hang out the most on when I logged on here and I feel it is an important place to announce my presence.

That said, I would like to ask what the general lay of the land looks like; is anyone still developing, what is being developed, is anyone still playing, and how is it going?

Hello, Crusader Alpha.

EV Nova is very definitely still alive and well, surprisingly enough. We have at least four TCs in progress as I speak, two of which have status threads here. Off the site, Pace's team has taken over development of Starfleet Adventures. Darthkev and Kronos are working on a TC called HOTS. On the boards, Delphi's got EVN:Delphi in late development. And yours truly is hard at work on EV Nova: United Galactic Federation.

This post has been edited by StarSword : 11 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

There's a Firefly TC well on its way, too. Quite exciting.

QUOTE (StarSword @ May 11 2010, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Darthkev and Kronos are working on a TC called HOTS.

Don't forget JimmyHands. He hasn't come here to the Dev Corner much (if at all, not sure on that) but used to hang around on the EVN Board. He's editing for HOTS.

Speaking of which, if all goes well, I'll be opening a status thread soon here in the Dev Corner to give progress reports and also some details on what it's about. A few people have asked questions so I know a few of you are interested. Just thought I'd let you know you'll get answers soon.

Sooner or later I'll finish and release CTC 1.3. Real Life™ needs to chill.

QUOTE (JoshTigerheart @ May 13 2010, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sooner or later I'll finish and release CTC 1.3. Real Life™ needs to chill.

DO IT!

As in, chill. It's excellent 🙂

Any updates on CTC Medium or Capital ships?

QUOTE (Crusader Alpha @ May 11 2010, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is anyone still developing, what is being developed, is anyone still playing, and how is it going?

Yeah, we were about to ask you the same thing.

You sure make pretty looking ships... <insert zombie-crazed walk here>

This post has been edited by Insomniac : 14 May 2010 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (Insomniac @ May 14 2010, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, we were about to ask you the same thing.

You sure make pretty looking ships... <insert zombie-crazed walk here>

That brings up a question. I'm looking for people to do sprites for the ships in EVN:UGF. Is that one of your areas of expertise, CA?

QUOTE (StarSword @ May 14 2010, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that one of your areas of expertise, CA?

Well, he made this, this, and this, so yeah, he can make ships. 😉

Oh no! Not my old stuff! Check out these, this, this, and the Acheron TC (ships are all mine in the released Acheron TC).

However, I'm on the look out for ship designers at the moment too, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help.

I just remembered, Crusader, whatever happened to that gunship you were making? You know, this one:

Here's a rear view for the rest of you to drool on:

It's unfinished, yes, but that's why I'm asking Crusader Alpha about it. If you can't finish it, that's fine, I can find something else somewhere, I was just wondering about it.

QUOTE (Crusader Alpha @ May 14 2010, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DO IT!

As in, chill. It's excellent 🙂

Any updates on CTC Medium or Capital ships?

Jaca is running Cap ships. Ask him for status updates. I know where it's at, but I don't want to give away more news than he wants revealed right now. Medium ships was being handled by LNSU, but he dropped it for Dawn of Infinity (I think that's the correct EVNext he's joined up on).

I'll say "no comment" in reply to CTC-C. Progress on it has been far more lax than I'd like it to be.

I believe the current status of CTC-M is "dead in the water." In terms of overall progress it's worse off than CTC-C.

I actually entirely forgot about that ship until just now.

I still have the model...

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I don't drop CTC-C entirely; too much invested into it in terms of graphics.

QUOTE (Crusader Alpha @ May 15 2010, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually entirely forgot about that ship until just now.

I still have the model...

Don't mean to nag (again) but are you actually planning on continuing it? You didn't really specify anything in your post, so... :unsure: I'm just curious if it will be finished. Also, while we're discussing your graphics work, check your PMs. I've sent you a request. 😊

QUOTE (JoshTigerheart @ May 15 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jaca is running Cap ships. Ask him for status updates. I know where it's at, but I don't want to give away more news than he wants revealed right now. Medium ships was being handled by LNSU, but he dropped it for Dawn of Infinity (I think that's the correct EVNext he's joined up on).

Close, Dawn Of Infinity was dropped for Xsera, which I haven't had much time to help with lately due to school (yeah, I'm taking summer courses).