Age of the Council (AotC)

@warlord-mike, on Feb 15 2007, 02:21 AM, said in Age of the Council (AotC):

There's no reason to burn yourself out, Mr. Cartwright. I dunno about the rest of these yahoos, but I was more than content waiting about 6 months (from the time I joined the forums last August) to wait for Arpia 2 to be released.

Personally, I say if it meant waiting until April for the work you want us to see to be completed, then so be it. πŸ˜‰

It's only 'stage one' I'm talking about (see top post), not a general release. A general release could in theory happen this year (that would be nice ), but more likely not.

From the start till the end of March my level of internet access is up in the air, and it's probable that I won't be able to upload large files. Ideally, I'd have a developer's version before then; otherwise it won't be until April.

End of February ? Not a chance.

I'll be having a change of scene soon so, as long as I don't find I'm impossibly busy, that might give me the chance to get cracking on this again. Will keep people posted.

When will it be out 2008?

Well, if it takes until 2008, it will likely be one of the top TCs for EVN ever.

(Although it will definitely be incredible no matter how long it takes, everyone knows how long ARPIA2 took, and it turned out very, very well.)

This post has been edited by apache1990 : 21 March 2007 - 06:18 PM

Given what I know about a good number of such projects, and their current status (be it temporary or not), in order for this to come out even late 2008, Peter would have to work on it during pretty much all his free time until then.
Or be a god at creating such things.

And yes, I do know what I'm talking about.

@apache1990, on Mar 21 2007, 04:16 PM, said in Age of the Council (AotC):

Well, if it takes until 2008, it will likely be one of the top TCs for EVN ever.

(Although it will definitely be incredible no matter how long it takes, everyone knows how long ARPIA2 took, and it turned out very, very well.)

Considering that there are only four or so other TCs, it wouldn't be hard to make it onto the top ten list πŸ˜›

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Mar 25 2007, 06:09 PM, said in Age of the Council (AotC):

Considering that there are only four or so other TCs, it wouldn't be hard to make it onto the top ten list πŸ˜›

Good observation. πŸ˜›

Maybe top 5 list?

So what completed TCs are there besides Polycon?

Unless you count the Nova Ports of Classic and Override, none yet. (And no, I don't count Arpia II as a TC as much as an Expansion, which Pace says it is, and frankly, I'd have to agree.)

@derakon, on Mar 25 2007, 09:16 PM, said in Age of the Council (AotC):

So what completed TCs are there besides Polycon?

The Override port, the Classic port, rEV (it's close enough), Teacup TC, Miners TC (I think ), and Voidspace.

Also EVN Paintball, although it's only a mini-TC since it still uses ships from Nova, although they have totally different stats.

Voidspace is completed now?

@lnsu, on Mar 31 2007, 09:11 AM, said in Age of the Council (AotC):

Voidspace is completed now?

Non. Last I heard, Dr. T is busy with Real LifeΒ™

Voidspace by its very nature will never be completed. That is not to say that Voidspace is umplayable, implayable, or nomplayable. The latest version of Voidspace is public, but available only in an obscure yet advertised place. ZP recently reached the most advanced state of knowledge presently possible in Voidspace, and was rewarded with congratulations. He needed only one bit of information not presently available in Voidspace, which I will now post next to the link to Voidspace. Voidspace continues to evolve or devolve, and there are future versions of Voidspace in the future, as there are past versions of Voidspace in the past and at least one present version of Voidspace in the present. This is in no way to be taken to mean that Voidspace will ever be completed. Voidspace thanks you, and Voidspace.

And by the way, this is supposed to be pac's thread. Sorry to have contributed to the hijacking. I will say no more of Voidspace.

This post has been edited by Dr. Trowel : 31 March 2007 - 12:34 PM

@dr--trowel, on Mar 31 2007, 06:05 PM, said in Age of the Council (AotC):

And by the way, this is supposed to be pac's thread. Sorry to have contributed to the hijacking. I will say no more of Voidspace.

I don't mind the hijacking - after leaving the thread alone for a month, I'd rather come back to find it hijacked than dead. πŸ™‚

The bad news is - no progress. 😞 Not sure when I'll find the time and energy to get the remaining systems done ...

Is this a nova TC or stand alone game using the nova engine?

This post has been edited by egroeg5 : 19 April 2007 - 05:17 AM

@egroeg, on Apr 19 2007, 11:16 AM, said in Age of the Council (AotC):

Is this a nova TC or stand alone game using the nova engine?

The answer to your question is in the very first paragraph of this thread!

Besides, there is no difference between the two things you describe: a Nova TC and a 'stand alone game using the Nova engine' amount to the same thing.

This post has been edited by pac : 19 April 2007 - 06:30 AM

I'm so dum 😞

@pace, on Dec 31 2006, 06:37 PM, said in Age of the Council (AotC):

You guys should check out Revenant.
Who knows, you might be interested in teaming up with Verb After all, he has pretty much everything but the storylines

I've got storylines too. πŸ˜‰

Say, how's that coming along, Verb? πŸ™‚ You got a website, progress log, or something more up-to-date than that link?