Guided weapons don't fire at fast ships

Wpn resource flag question

This flag could have been super useful if it wasn't limited to > 3 turn rate(!). Why so low and what craft would have a turn rate less than 4? Can I raise the value somehow?

This post has been edited by Psamtik : 15 April 2010 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (Psamtik @ Apr 14 2010, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This flag could have been super useful if it wasn't limited to > 3 turn rate(!). Why so low and what craft would have a turn rate less than 4? Can I raise the value somehow?

This is a value holdover from the original 2 EVs where 300 speed and 3 turn rate was considered normal. This is no longer the case in Nova, but apparently Matt forgot to change it. And no, there is no way to change the value as it is hardcoded into the game.

Actually, in Nova the turn rate is 30. Equal to or higher than that is what will qualify. Still not very good, but it's there. However, AI ships ignore this and fire the weapon anyway, and it will work, too.

Tis a sad morning here in Texas. Thanks fellows.

I smell another Nova update coming soon, well umm, I don't know really, but I think it should be chalked up on the to-do list anyways.

That and allowing multiple escape pod sprites per scenario. Why allow only one? It makes no sense.