EVN Cartographer?

Help a brother out!

Hey folks, does anyone have EVN Cartographer by Artanis which they would kindly email to me? My hard drive took a dump a few weeks ago, and I lost lots o' stuff. The link from the old topic no longer works. Thanks!

slouch@stonerrock.net

Or is this what you tried?
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/lofiversi...php/t20979.html
Maybe the problem was that the links all had extra http blah blah blahs. And the hosting site is apparently undergoing construction. I'd try the e-mail.
http://evula.org/artanis/

(edit) it is late and I am inarticulate (/edit) By blah blah blahs I meant ://

This post has been edited by Klepsacovic : 29 March 2005 - 02:12 AM

http://evula.org/art...artographer.zip

I really need to get working on that again...

Cartographer was removed from my site a while back for reasons I cannot recall. May have been a problem with uploading, but in a few minutes I'll have located the last functional build of that, upload a zip and post the url. (done)

Also, I've subscribed the original topic, had you posted there, I would have responded in less than 10 minutes.

This post has been edited by Artanis : 29 March 2005 - 02:49 AM

Thank you!

Thanks from me too. I had tried to get Cartogripher a while ago, but gave up and had forgoten. :laugh:

Is it just me, or does the .NET Framework thing take a long time to install?

general11, on Mar 31 2005, 06:27 PM, said:

View Post

Depends on whether you dl'd the re-distributable version, or the lame downloader/installer program.

It took a while for me. Now about cartogropher, how do I load the already finished map in EV Nova. :huh: I dont want to sound too ignorent but it doesnt say how in the manual, or does it?

Sylvanus, on Apr 11 2005, 10:21 AM, said:

It took a while for me. Now about cartogropher, how do I load the already finished map in EV Nova. :huh: I dont want to sound too ignorent but it doesnt say how in the manual, or does it?
View Post

Use EVNew to open NovaData2.rez, and export it to a text file. Open the text file with Cartographer.

This Cartogarpher is for windows? Excellent!

darth_vader, on Apr 13 2005, 09:03 AM, said:

This Cartogarpher is for windows? Excellent!
View Post

There's more than one?

Sorry, a bit of disunnonclarityfullness on my part. I meant :

This "Cartographer" (i.e. application so called Cartographer) is for Windows?

general11, on Mar 31 2005, 08:27 PM, said:

View Post

There is a .NET Framework 1.1 update (about 10 megs :mad: , I dont have it yet), is it compatable with cartographor or will it take your computers soul and suck it out with a staw. Who knows?! ^_^

darth_vader, on Apr 15 2005, 07:06 PM, said:

Sorry, a bit of disunnonclarityfullness on my part. I meant :

This "Cartographer" (i.e. application so called Cartographer) is for Windows?
View Post

Windows, yes.

Sylvanus, on Apr 16 2005, 05:27 AM, said:

There is a .NET Framework 1.1 update (about 10 megs :mad: , I dont have it yet), is it compatable with cartographor or will it take your computers soul and suck it out with a staw. Who knows?! ^_^
View Post

It had better be compatible!

Though, I don't think computers have souls to be sucked out with a staw... What's a staw anyway?

Though, I don't think computers have souls to be sucked out with a staw... What's a staw anyway?
View Post
(/quote)

😮 :huh: :blink: :mellow: :unsure:
Easy it's a straw without an R. I didn't look it over. Lets get down to the main subject, I keep getting ghosts on cartographor, every time I start it with a saved file the last system I made is doubledl. It doesnt harm the file as far as I know, but it is very bloody anoying when connecting systems. "What is it?!"- Cat from Red Dwarf.

Forget typos please.

I have a problem. You're supposed to be able to get the .NET Framework from the normal Windows update. I doesn't show up. And microsoft.com doesn't have any other way to download it (that I've seen) unless you want to download the redistributable or SDK. :mad: What should I do about this?

.NET Framework 2.0 Beta 1 SDK and Redistributable is out BTW.

Sylvanus, on Apr 17 2005, 10:22 AM, said:

😮 :huh: :blink: :mellow: :unsure:
Easy it's a straw without an R. I didn't look it over. Lets get down to the main subject, I keep getting ghosts on cartographor, every time I start it with a saved file the last system I made is doubledl. It doesnt harm the file as far as I know, but it is very bloody anoying when connecting systems. "What is it?!"- Cat from Red Dwarf.
View Post

:huh: That is very odd. I can't see anything that would replicate a system in
the open or save functions...

This post has been edited by Artanis : 17 April 2005 - 04:57 PM

wow, nice program.

EDIT: could it be that the save/load functions somehow remember the last action you took and for some reason they re-create it on loadup?

This post has been edited by Edwin| : 17 April 2005 - 11:27 PM

Somebody needs to put this in the "Important Links" list. This is gonna save me a hell of a lot of headaches with EVN:UGF.