MacNova question

Relearning Macintosh

So, I finally got my hands on a G5 iMac (friend was tossing it, snapped it up cheap,) and of course, I wanted to put Nova on it first thing. Tinkered around a bit with stock Nova, since that's always fun. Picked up Mission Computer, made a plug, and then found myself some difficulties. After looking through the entire application bundle, I can't seem to find the plug-ins folder. Since it was late, I have no internet access at home to speak of, I simply added a ship to the Nova files. Now the darn thing won't run at all, and I can't seem to figure out where to stick the debuglog or pilotlog so I can ID the problem. I'm tempted to just bring over .rez files from my PC, edit them in Mission Computer, bring them back over to the PC, and test them there, but it seems like a waste of a perfectly good 17" iMac, plus Nova looks prettier on the Mac.

The last Mac I had any real access to was an old System 8.6 PowerBook that I bought secondhand in high school, so I'm greatly relearning my way around OS X. It's not terribly confusing, but it's a switch from Windows 7.

So, after a careful bit of searching the forums, the plug-in folder does seem to appear where the last topic I found on the subject claims, and neither can I seem to find a topic that tells me where to pull the debug and pilot logs. Assistance?

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/EV Nova

That's where pilotlog.txt and debuglog.txt go. That's also where you'll find the Plug-ins and Pilots folders. You can also start the game with Shift held down to select a TC folder.

See also: move the cursor to the top of the screen so the menu bar appears, click Help then click EV Nova Help, then click Find the Answer to Common Problems then click How do I use plug-ins?

EVN looks better on the Mac than on Windows? I've never heard of that before. If krugeruwsp's problem is solved, is it ok if we discuss that?

QUOTE (darthkev @ Jan 23 2010, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EVN looks better on the Mac than on Windows? I've never heard of that before. If krugeruwsp's problem is solved, is it ok if we discuss that?

everything looks better on this thing.

This post has been edited by yamfries : 23 January 2010 - 03:56 AM

Point taken. Carry on.

Ah, good stuff. Thanks for the help on an embarassingly newbie-ish topic, guys. And yes, on the Mac, things fade nicely between screens. On the Windows version, it just jumps. Much prettier. As is the entire system, truth be told, though Windows 7 has improved the eye candy. Anyways, don't want to start a platform war. Thanks!