Mac to windows plugin converting doesn't work!

Well, the title says most of it. Could somebody walk me through this please? My PC is much more difficult to use then the Mac <_< surprise, surprise, and I'm still only semi-competent while using for mundane tasks, let alone doing complicated things like converting plugins.

EDIT: The plugin I'm trying to convert is Colosseum; I want to experience it on a larger screen 😉

This post has been edited by Odie : 25 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

On your Mac:

1. Download Mission Computer.
2. Open plugs in Mission Computer.
3. On each plug, go to File > Save as Windows...
4. Save each plug in Windows format.
5. Transfer to your PC.

Oh.

Duh. I can't believe that didn't occur to me :rolleyes: Thank you!

QUOTE (Odie @ Oct 26 2009, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, the title says most of it. Could somebody walk me through this please? My PC is much more difficult to use then the Mac <_< surprise, surprise, and I'm still only semi-competent while using for mundane tasks, let alone doing complicated things like converting plugins.

EDIT: The plugin I'm trying to convert is Colosseum; I want to experience it on a larger screen 😉

Plug-in conversion is a pain because everything has to be exactly right for it to work. You need to make sure the extension of the file you need to convert is .bin and doesn't take up 0 bytes. Don't even try to convert if it's .sit or .sitx (even if you have the right version of stuffit) unless you have a mac as well

Okay, this might call for Josh Tigerheart...... or maybe a mental checkup for me. The TC didn't work with Geek's prescribed method; I'd given up, and settled down on the Mac. I decided that playing it again a small screen would be better than not at all.

It doesn't work!

Have a screen-shot.

Attached File(s)

QUOTE (Odie @ Oct 27 2009, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have a screen-shot.

For some reason I got this same error message on my mac when loading mk.32's all fighter bays plug. It does not happen when the plug is not in the folder.

Does anybody have a solution?

Try a pristine copy of EV Nova 1.1.0, and see what happens. Then, if there are no error messages, add the plugs and try.

QUOTE (Jalisurr @ Oct 28 2009, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try a pristine copy of EV Nova 1.1.0, and see what happens. Then, if there are no error messages, add the plugs and try.

That's what I'm running. No error messages without the plug.

I cannot in any way confirm this bug, as I just tried it. The plugin modifies no spins, so I don't really see how it could cause that error message. Something else is going on here.

Also, both of you, try making a debuglog and see if it says anything unusual.

This post has been edited by Jalisurr : 28 October 2009 - 10:51 AM

Jalisur: I'll try with a brand new copy, though I don't know how to make a debuglog.

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait, Nova 1.1? I don't use it; it doesn't work very well. The frame-rate is very slow, and it is irregular in frame speed. It looks like the game is constantly lagging.

This post has been edited by Odie : 28 October 2009 - 06:02 PM

OK, not 1.1. 1.0.10 should be the same. Also, a debuglog is exactly the same as a pilotlog, but you call it debuglog.txt instead.

Just to note, I decided to play Nova on my PC instead of my Mac the other day, and following the official instructions for converting plugins to PC worked perfectly for me. You just download StuffIt (full version), tick one checkbox, extract the plugin files (they end up being .BIN), drag them on top of the converter .EXE, and you're good to go. I'm using a bunch of plugins and Qaanol's beam weapon and hail chaingun fixes, and they're all working properly.

THANK YOU for starting this topic, by the way. It hadn't even crossed my mind that I could use my own Mac to convert plugins that can't be extracted properly in Windows.

Also, I personally find my PC just as easy to use as my Mac. 😛 But yeah, running Nova the way you want to run it on Windows takes a lot more doing than on OS X.

This post has been edited by Old Scratch : 29 October 2009 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (Jalisurr @ Oct 28 2009, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, not 1.1. 1.0.10 should be the same. Also, a debuglog is exactly the same as a pilotlog, but you call it debuglog.txt instead.

Jalisurr, I've forgotten, how do I download one of the previous versions? I know that there's a way to, I just can't remember. :mad:

Click the 'download free trial' button here and then scroll down and on the bottom click the 'for Mac OS 9 and earlier' button. I believe.

This post has been edited by Jalisurr : 29 October 2009 - 04:03 PM

Ah. I see. Thank you! I'll let you know how that works!

Oops. I found the problem. My plugin folder was filled with the shield bubble plugins.

It doesn't work on the PC though. Any more ideas on that?