Shän resource - weapon positions?

My first topic here, so hang in there :rolleyes:

I've been playing the EV games for years now (my brother had a Mac) and I keep coming back to them whenever i feel like some space domination or galactic trade. Though vanilla Nova was great, it loses its appeal after to many playthroughs and I've already played through Polycon EV and Arpia a few times. Eventually I end up fiddling through the files using EVNEW, tweaking ships or creating new outfits.

Anyway, i was trying to add some Protoss ships (from Modesty's shipyard) to the game and i was wondering: is there any way to check out the positioning of all the weapon exit points without having to fire up the game everytime? It seems like a bit of a hassle and there's no option to preview sprites with weapon exit points in EVNEW.

I think ResEdit for 9 was the only one that allowed one to see it in the editor but I might be wrong.

QUOTE (Sp3cies @ Jul 29 2009, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think ResEdit for 9 was the only one that allowed one to see it in the editor but I might be wrong.

Specifically, ResEdit with NovaTools installed.

That lim0en is using EVNEW suggests he's doing this on a Windows machine.

ResEdit would require a Mac capable of running Classic (OS 10.4 or lower, non- Intel chip). Otherwise, aside from emulators, I don't know what to suggest.

As an alternative, you could pass the job off on somebody who has a Mac that can run Classic, but that would require passing them the sprites for the ship, and a description of where you want each of the exit ports placed.