MissionComputer 4 is feature-complete and ready for beta testing

I don't know how much it helps, but EVNEW for Windows(source code available from: http://www.geocities.com/aprosenf/) has a snd resource exporter which allows the user to save a '.wav' file. Perhaps this could be used to aid the creation of an MC sound exporter.

But that's more of a hopeful guess than anything.

@philipw, on Sep 7 2008, 04:44 PM, said in MissionComputer 4 is feature-complete and ready for beta testing:

I don't know how much it helps, but EVNEW for Windows(source code available from: http://www.geocities.com/aprosenf/) has a snd resource exporter which allows the user to save a '.wav' file. Perhaps this could be used to aid the creation of an MC sound exporter.

Yes, EVNEW does it through direct access to QuickTime; this would be my preference too, but there are a few barriers I'll have to get past before it's possible. At the moment I'm focusing on the last closing stages on 4.0 - expect another beta soon, and release not long after that unless people start finding bugs again - but I'm going to explore a number of possibilities for expansion in 4.1.

Whenever I try to make an rle8 the computer says it converts it and makes it be distorted with orange-pinkish swirlds, essentially replacing the color. When I make a rleD though, it works fine. This did not happen in X-333, why is it happening now?

@it-000, on Sep 8 2008, 03:13 PM, said in MissionComputer 4 is feature-complete and ready for beta testing:

Whenever I try to make an rle8 the computer says it converts it and makes it be distorted with orange-pinkish swirlds, essentially replacing the color. When I make a rleD though, it works fine.

It looks like something broke the rlë8 encoder's palette between a3 and a4 - I'll have to look into that.

rle8s are deprecated 😛

@it-000, on Sep 8 2008, 03:13 PM, said in MissionComputer 4 is feature-complete and ready for beta testing:

Whenever I try to make an rle8 the computer says it converts it and makes it be distorted with orange-pinkish swirlds, essentially replacing the color. When I make a rleD though, it works fine. This did not happen in X-333, why is it happening now?

Fixed, thanks.