I just can't get rle to work

I've been to the 4 corners of google (and therefore the internet) and I just can't get mission computer's rle image to work. I have an image (in pict format— here)) and a mask (just a white background with a black circle of the same dimensions as the planet) and I put them into mission computer and what I get in the ending is a white circle in a black box. :mad:
I don't understand... I tried putting through enrlederle and I got a resedit file file type .rlëd, which, when I open, opens up as a blank document in mission computer.

I'm trying to create a beautiful, large planet earth— much (cough exactly cough) like what they did in arpia2 as the home world.
is there a guide somewhere I can look at?

Well, I know that the mask is supposed to be black background with a white circle or whatever.
Hope this helps!

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 21 August 2008 - 08:56 AM

As Kasofa1 says, it sounds like you're doing your mask the wrong way around. Escape Velocity 's masks work like Photoshop's, in that black represents transparent (as opposed to icon masks, where white is transparent). If your mask is a black circle on a white background, then you're telling the game to hide your actual planet and only display the black area around it.

Just invert your mask, and either MissionComputer or EnRLE should produce the result you're looking for.

oooh, that solved part of the problem. But how do I make it huge like in arpia? no matter what I set the sprite size to it wont change, and changing the tile makes it crash (when changed to 2)

I've got it worked up for you, but I can't upload it because the Plugin Archiver download isn't working, and I don't have it on this computer. Darn. I'll get it to you as soon as I can get this working.

EDIT:
Got it working, a bit faster than I expected. Here.

This post has been edited by 101181920 : 20 August 2008 - 11:10 PM

@saintartist, on Aug 21 2008, 01:44 PM, said in I just can't get rle to work:

oooh, that solved part of the problem. But how do I make it huge like in arpia? no matter what I set the sprite size to it wont change, and changing the tile makes it crash (when changed to 2)

The sprite dimensions in the spin resource are actually ignored (they're a leftover from the EV/O days of PICT-based sprites). The tiles should be ignored too but if they're causing a crash then I guess they aren't :rolleyes:

wow nicely done.
is there some way you hafta load it to get it to that size (or some data field you hafta change) or is it all based on the file size and format of the picture before you load it?

Just copy paste a picture, and it uses that size.