Spob Trouble!!!!!!-now also syst

Imadeanewspob,butittakeswronggovt enemyfleetswontkill

I told it to have govt 302- SSC Shipyards, for my new sc, but it takes the fed govt (that it borders) instead. I replaced the LPAD station. Can anyone help me design it correctly? I'm new to spobs; I taught myself how to use them ten minutes ago.

edit- new problem, didnt want to create new topic ------- I made enemy fleet resources in the same system. They won't kill each other, and when I kill the enemy fleets, the station turns hostile. wth?

This post has been edited by oryhara : 15 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

The planet (spöb) and system (s˙st) have separate government fields; you have to set both of them to match your new government in order to get the effect you're seeking.

(The reason it works this way is that it's technically possible for two planets in the same system to have different governments, though only one plug-in that I know of ever used this feature.)

@david-arthur, on Jul 15 2008, 07:44 AM, said in Spob Trouble!!!!!!-now also syst:

(The reason it works this way is that it's technically possible for two planets in the same system to have different governments, though only one plug-in that I know of ever used this feature.)

Which would be very useful for interstellar warfare. You know, when planets shoot weapons at each other...?

Thanks very much, david arthur the problem is SOLVED. But now I have a new one. See the refined first post for details.

@oryhara, on Jul 15 2008, 09:51 AM, said in Spob Trouble!!!!!!-now also syst:

I made enemy fleet resources in the same system. They won't kill each other, and when I kill the enemy fleets, the station turns hostile. wth?

Are you sure you've set your governments to be enemies? The way to do this is that each government's Enemy field should be set to the other government's Class field ( not to the ID of the other government).

@king_of_manticores, on Jul 15 2008, 12:10 PM, said in Spob Trouble!!!!!!-now also syst:

Which would be very useful for interstellar warfare. You know, when planets shoot weapons at each other...?

The plug-in I mentioned earlier is Foundation , a plug-in for the original Escape Velocity which featured a war between Earth and Mars.

@david-arthur, on Jul 15 2008, 10:44 AM, said in Spob Trouble!!!!!!-now also syst:

The planet (spö🆒 and system (s˙st) have separate government fields; you have to set both of them to match your new government in order to get the effect you're seeking.

Isn't Merrol in Aldebaran a Rebel planet in a Federation system?

It's a Federation planet that the dësc resource says is in rebellion, but no, it's not actually a Rebellion government planet.

@geek, on Jul 15 2008, 05:14 PM, said in Spob Trouble!!!!!!-now also syst:

It's a Federation planet that the dësc resource says is in rebellion, but no, it's not actually a Rebellion government planet.

Note the Government field: 141--which is Rebellion.

That's the reason Rebel ships land there.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by erikthered : 15 July 2008 - 04:22 PM

@david-arthur, on Jul 15 2008, 12:57 PM, said in Spob Trouble!!!!!!-now also syst:

Are you sure you've set your governments to be enemies? The way to do this is that each government's Enemy field should be set to the other government's Class field ( not to the ID of the other government).
The plug-in I mentioned earlier is Foundation , a plug-in for the original Escape Velocity which featured a war between Earth and Mars.

I did that, and now instead of attacking the sigmas (enemies), they and the base weapon kill off regular traders. I spent my entire day (to no avail) trying to fix it. I don't understand it!

Show us the values you've given to Class and Enemy for each government.

@oryhara, on Jul 15 2008, 06:24 PM, said in Spob Trouble!!!!!!-now also syst:

I did that, and now instead of attacking the sigmas (enemies), they and the base weapon kill off regular traders. I spent my entire day (to no avail) trying to fix it. I don't understand it!

That's because they're set to attack the trader's classID.

Or just post the plugin.

I set enemies to class 13, sigmas class. I set sigma's enemy to class 1000, which I made SSC's class.

1000 is really high. Try lowering it. IIRC, you can also put res ids in those fields, just they're not as useful.

This post has been edited by Eegras Studios : 16 July 2008 - 08:02 AM

@eegras-studios, on Jul 16 2008, 09:02 AM, said in Spob Trouble!!!!!!-now also syst:

1000 is really high. Try lowering it. IIRC, you can also put res ids in those fields, just they're not as useful.

I lowered it to 100, but now I can't kill the SSC fleets. It still did not make them kill eachother.

@eegras-studios, on Jul 17 2008, 01:02 AM, said in Spob Trouble!!!!!!-now also syst:

IIRC, you can also put res ids in those fields, just they're not as useful.

No, that wouldn't make sense. How would the engine tell if the number you put is a class number or a res ID?

@guy, on Jul 16 2008, 03:29 PM, said in Spob Trouble!!!!!!-now also syst:

No, that wouldn't make sense. How would the engine tell if the number you put is a class number or a res ID?

Great. Now both my topics hav been killed by side conversations. Great job! 😛 :mad: :unsure: Can someone, someone bring life back to my topic?

This post has been edited by oryhara : 18 July 2008 - 01:55 PM

@oryhara, on Jul 18 2008, 11:32 AM, said in Spob Trouble!!!!!!-now also syst:

Great. Now both my topics hav been killed by side conversations. Great job! 😛 :mad:

Eegras was merely suggesting something. Guy was just trying to say that that wouldn't work. Side conversations happen, if someone wants them to or not.