My Beams are dieing and my graphics are shrinking!

I have Mission Computer X-333 and I have two major problems and can't seem to find a solution.

1 My beams crash Nova when ships are around but in a system with no ships they work fine :huh: It already happened to one beam now it's happening to another!

2 I made a 150x150 canvas in Photoshop 7.0, when I upload it into the rle8/rleD with a spin graphic it shrinks to 36x36 pixels! (I think he did it ------> :hector_bird: )

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This post has been edited by IT 000 : 26 June 2008 - 11:55 AM

@it-000, on Jun 26 2008, 12:40 PM, said in My Beams are dieing and my graphics are shrinking!:

I made a 150x150 canvas in Photoshop 7.0, when I upload it into the rle8/rleD with a spin graphic it shrinks to 36x36 pixels!

What is the resolution of your picture set to? If it's anything other than 72 dpi (standard screen resolution), it likely will get resized when you import it.

The crash when ships are present makes me think it's something with either the prox radius or the explosion. Obviously most of the resource is working fine if it's not crashing in vacant systems.

Can't say much now as I'm just on break from work, but I'd say start with those.

@archon, on Jun 26 2008, 01:15 PM, said in My Beams are dieing and my graphics are shrinking!:

The crash when ships are present makes me think it's something with either the prox radius or the explosion. Obviously most of the resource is working fine if it's not crashing in vacant systems.

Can't say much now as I'm just on break from work, but I'd say start with those.

Or the SND for the hit, or the generic explosion sound. If either is messed up, the game would crash when you kill a ship.

I would look there.

A few bits from the Nova Bible, just in case you've been overly enthusiastic....

Max Beams On Screen : 64

LiAmplitude : The amplitude of each zig-zag of a lightning beam, in pixels.
Higher numbers yield more jagged-looking beams. Don't overdo
this or you will have screen redraw problems. In fact, don't
overuse lightning beams period, as they are much more
processor-intensive to draw than normal beams!

Count : The number of frames the beam stays onscreen. Note also that if
the beam has a positive Decay value entered (see below) the
actual time the beam will exist onscreen will be
Count + 16 - CoronaFalloff, so adjust the Reload value
accordingly to ensure that the universe doesn't get filled
up with overlapping beams from a single ships.

i was insanely over enthusiastic i recall i read the entire nova bible in 20 minutes.

@of-doom, on Jun 27 2008, 04:14 PM, said in My Beams are dieing and my graphics are shrinking!:

i was insanely over enthusiastic i recall i read the entire nova bible in 20 minutes.

I could see that being possible, but you certainly couldn't have gotten the highest comprehension percentage from it, could you? - usually 3.2 pages per minute, especially in semi-technical writing, doesn't yield the greatest results. If you were using actual speed reading techniques that's a different story, though.

:hector_bird: is a she, actually.

What is the resolution of your picture set to? If it's anything other than 72 dpi (standard screen resolution), it likely will get resized when you import it.

That was the problem. Thanks David Arthur.

LiAmplitude....

It's looks like a Zidgar beam with high inaccuracy.

Count.....

the decay is set to -1. I'll see if I can post the weap information on the boards.

:hector_bird: is a she, actually.

Really? :huh:

@it-000, on Jun 28 2008, 03:39 PM, said in My Beams are dieing and my graphics are shrinking!:

Really? :huh:

Ambrosia thought :hector_bird: was a guy as well, until :hector_bird: laid an egg.

Sorry for not responding, I've been busy lately, but I solved the problem :laugh: I didn't set the Graphic to -5.

Ambrosia thought :hector_bird: was a guy as well, until :hector_bird: laid an egg.

:wacko: :blink:
What they call the kid?

What kid? :mellow:

I'd guess they called it 'food'. 🙂

@archon, on Jun 28 2008, 05:03 PM, said in My Beams are dieing and my graphics are shrinking!:

They actually learnt her actual sex through blood testing prior to the egg's arrival.

Learn something new every day.

What were we talking about again? :huh: